Kintaro Builds

83 replies to this topic

#1 igavemymomkoolaid

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHessia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

This thread shall feature your favourite Kintaro builds. Please include the chassis type in your post.

This is my new Kintaro KTO-18. I have built it as LRM supporter.

4x LRM5 + ARTEMIS and Medium Lasers for defence.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7309f6d6932729d

#2 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

KTO 18

Fast streak boat. Guaranteed to give any light a nasty day:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4aa28800d32d47f

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast SRM boat. Recently I have dropped the SRM 2 in the CT for another sink:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6b3d650b4457c0c - Normal variant

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...20d3ea39694d950 - Cool variant

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had lots of fun with these, plus the XL360 while expensive can go in to a number of other chassis'.

Edited by Jabilo, 09 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#3 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Try this one:
KTO-18
i have to say its pretty nice one and i did it myself :D it can definitely hurt ppl.

#4 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

This is what I use.

KTO-18: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...53de714bb0ca9fd
KTO-19: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...66b4c78a983857b
KTO-20: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f89873efc3333ec
With the Kintaro-20 you can remove a ton of armour on the legs for an extra heat sink, but I kept getting legged, so I upped the armour.

#5 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

this is my KTO 20 i found it to be very effective. U have that long range poke and when things come to brawl u hurt also :)
KTO-20

Edited by Scarface1978, 08 September 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#6 Tjalf

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostScarface1978, on 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Try this one:
KTO-18
i have to say its pretty nice one and i did it myself :) it can definitely hurt ppl.

You should try out that one then, in my opinion. It runs a lot cooler without changing the amount of SRMs. Only downside is +0.75s cooldown, but you don't have that 0.5s baydoor delay for CT mounted missiles. Maybe switching the SRMs into arms and SSRMs into side torso is another option, depends on your playstyle.

i run those:

KTO-18 SSRM10 XL360
Golden Boy SSRM10 XL280
Golden Boy SSRM6 SRM12+AIV XL280

Maybe 4t ammo for those streaks are enough, but sometimes i ran out of them so i decided to put 1t more in. Usually i chainfire my streaks to harass the enemy and use lasers only to about 50-60% heat, until there's a cored mechpart of my enemy. Runs pretty heat efficient with that tactic. In the last days, i achieved many matches with matchscore >70 and damage >600 (even >1000) while still doing great support for my teammates.

Edited by Tjalf, 08 September 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#7 Cpn Crunch

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKapuskasing

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I have been trying this build for the last few days. I don't necessarily do as much damage as with 5 SSRMs but it has more punch against heavies and assaults and can give you a quick shot at shutdown mechs or ones you run into when turning a corner. You can drop the TAG for another Mlas but I find the TAG helpful to acquire a target lock on those pesky Spiders.

Having the two SRMs in the arms helps for aiming them and you still get a target lock with the SSRMs based on where your arms are aimed.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82fa38a7d116b66

Edited by ShawnR, 08 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#8 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostScarface1978, on 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Try this one:
KTO-18
i have to say its pretty nice one and i did it myself :) it can definitely hurt ppl.
Might consider that putting your streaks in the arms and SRM4's in the torso limits you. Your arms are highly mobile and aim-able but your torso is less so. Recommend trying it with streaks in all the torso spots and dumb-fire SRMs in your more maneuverable arms.

Edited by OriginalTibs, 08 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#9 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

I run this risky support LRMboat with 5x ALRM5, 1ERPPC K18.
KTO-18
Stick with the group and shake up any target the team brawler is fighting using LRM5 stream or Alpha all 25 tubes when there is AMS cover. ERPPC to tag the enemy DDC.

4x Streaker, 2x MPLaz K19
KTO-19
Function as a light hunter or fast harasser.

and a fast brawler/harasser 4x MLaz, 2x SRM6 K20
KTO-20
Run with the light wolf pack or follow that Centurion or Hunchback.
If none is available, then shadow the team heavy/assault and only engage a target after the big boy got his attention.
Sometime I run my K20 like a Centurion AL mix range fighter
KTO-20

So far, my K18 is the most successful of my KT.

Edited by xengk, 08 September 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#10 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

My KTO-18 build.

This thing is fun as hell, I murder light mechs, medium mechs, and assault mechs with it. The long range capabilites lets me deal damage while closing in, and often times as not sends my targets into hiding so they don't shoot me while I close in to Streak range. I feel that when running streaks as your main weapon system having BAP + TAG is a must.

Edited by Scav3ng3r, 08 September 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#11 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

i use the 5ssrm/2ML version of the KTO-18, i forget engine size-97kph pre speed tweak- xl330ish maybe? 4 tons of ammo had 5 but never seemed to run out so i tossed an extra heatsink in instead. AMS and 1 ton of ammo max armor give or take a couple points, just endo no ferro. oh and BAP

first mech i actually go out of my way to find lights with. usually by the time they are dealt with the remaining bigger mechs are beat up enough that even scattered ssrm hits are going to have an effect. only somewhat annoying part is that with the CT missile spot i can't fit the BAP in the CT soif i lose the wrong side i'm pretty much useless vs ecm. decided to throw it in the leg since if i'm legged i won;t be around much longer anyway.

runs into trouble against mostly intact assaults though. had a match in frozen the other day where an ecm atlas at 85% ish was fighting me and a stalker (stalker very beat up and i lost an arm so only 3 srrms and a ML left). last three left in the match. he was at 70% or so when he killed us though i we took an arm with us. but couldn;t really do enough damage to really take it out.

#12 makoangel

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Quite new to the game, started off in a Jager but decided to try something a bit different. Kintaro seems to be quite standout among the mediums due to the loadout versatility.

This is my KT-20 early build, comments and suggestions welcome. I chose the 20 over the others because they don't seem to get much love, and I seem to enjoy making life difficult for myself. Probably the hardest change is knowing where to be on the battlefield, compared to the more simplistic playstyle of the heavier classes.

#13 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

My Streaker K19 isn't working out so well, once I have chased lights away it does not have enough firepower dent a heavy or assault. Currently have rebuilt it to replace my K20 SRM brawler.
2x ASRM6
1x ASRM4
1x ASRM2
5t ammo
2x MLaz
XL 320
13 DHS
336 Armour
Endo Steel

The mixed SRM loadout lets me alpha without suffering heat penalty, which is the default firing mode for my SRM group.
Spoiler

Edited by xengk, 14 September 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#14 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Only Kintaro I kept was the 18, which I run 2 different builds:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b6629aefdbcc9a1
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e42cfd87f37e7d5
both I find very effective.

#15 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I like this one: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...61fabd41a87bbdb

Absolutely shreds things you have a clear shot at. My one regret with this build is that I missed the chance to name it the ITANO-18.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 16 September 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#16 Revik Neron

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

This is my standard KTO-18 build, the large lasers give is something to work with at longer ranges, and keeps you from being a waste of tonnage till a brawl breaks out, (especially useful on big maps like Alpine) then the SRMs give you nice big punch once things get close and personal.

#17 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

If stuck using an XL 300 engine, how does this Model 20 look to you guys?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ece55fe4a58e2a8

#18 Sowaka

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

This is a bit of an open question to all people using 5x SSRM builds on the KTO-18... how effective are you? I just bought the KTO-18 specifically for this build and I'm having one hell of a time getting damage in. So far I've survived quite well and it feels like I've been hitting quite a few enemies, but most games I'm lucky if I get 1-2 kills and more than 250 damage. I've had a few times where I wouldn't be able to lock onto a specific enemy for what felt like 20 seconds or more, and if the enemy is even partially hidden behind cover nearly all the missiles hit the obstruction. I'm consistently hitting around 200 damage at the end of each match which feels a bit... low, considering how often and how hard I've been nailing some heavies and assaults with my rockets, it just doesn't feel like I have any punch whatsoever.

#19 Tjalf

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Most of the time i do about 500-800 damage with my 5xSSRM Golden boy/KTO18. Just lock on 1 target and fire those streaks nonstop (i prefer chainfire to shake the enemy). Try to hit the weakest spots with your lasers to strip its armor apart, because SSRMs are perfect for destroying components. That's where one part of the huge damage comes from - destroying components. Try to pack with other mediums/fast mechs, search for left alone enemy mechs or for light mechs and harass them. I often round around the enemy frontline to stab them in the back, works great. Try to get really close to your enemy, so you take advantage of your speed.
Staying in the middle of your assault/push group won't give you enough time to unfold the potential of SSRMs, because the enemy will die too fast (or you, when facing a lot of enemys). On the other side, fighting 1 on1 with an assault is pretty hard too, you have to maneuver pretty good and react fast enough. But if you do it right, you can fire hell of alot SSRMs at him ( remember that 1 missile does 2,5 damage, so firing 100 already does 250 damage at least, and 100 missiles are gone so fast).
Actual kills are less often with that build, most of the time you get them from killing lights. But i think that's not the intuition of this build. It's more like ripping components apart, shaking the enemy to harass him, rip his armor apart and kill those anoying lights (and because of beagle, lock on LRM targets!).

Edited by Tjalf, 21 September 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#20 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostSowaka, on 21 September 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

This is a bit of an open question to all people using 5x SSRM builds on the KTO-18... how effective are you? I just bought the KTO-18 specifically for this build and I'm having one hell of a time getting damage in. So far I've survived quite well and it feels like I've been hitting quite a few enemies, but most games I'm lucky if I get 1-2 kills and more than 250 damage. I've had a few times where I wouldn't be able to lock onto a specific enemy for what felt like 20 seconds or more, and if the enemy is even partially hidden behind cover nearly all the missiles hit the obstruction. I'm consistently hitting around 200 damage at the end of each match which feels a bit... low, considering how often and how hard I've been nailing some heavies and assaults with my rockets, it just doesn't feel like I have any punch whatsoever.

Your damage is low. What engine are you using? I run a 350XL. With BAP and 360 target retention you should lock on a single target and fire until it is dead or you disengage.

Edited by Spheroid, 21 September 2013 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users