63 replies to this topic

#61 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 10 September 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Actually about a month ago, they (the Devs, Bryan, et al) said they would be going to a weekly patch schedule. Too bad they have not been able to keep their work about that.

Oh, wait, they have not been able to keep their word about a lot of things. Shall we list them? No patch with 7 days to launch? NO PROBLEM!!!! Just take the word Beta off of the same old, bug ridden code, its all good...

Source? I generally see the stuff they post/say as well and I don't ever recall seeing a change to the what has been the standard bi-weekly patch schedule.

Also, almost every code written that has any amount of complexity is 'bug ridden'. That is unavoidable, so to call them out for that is something of a non-starter because there will always be defects that are nigh impossible to track down due to them being a corner case.

#62 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Greetings all,

I would assume that the weekly patch's we have now, which include the weekend sales and some small code or improvement. That would be on every Friday and Tuesday to date since sales started, may fall within the "weekly patch" schedule and if there is code ready then it can be "injected" into that patch/update. We are also getting "hot patch's" to fix things that appeared correct but after live testing and game play were not. So stating no weekly patch's is not actually correct.

And the question about what will DX11 do, it brings a whole new level of fidelity to the designers with what can now be rendered. The graphics could benefit from real-time local reflections and contact shadows, in addition, we may be able to enjoy hardware tessellation, parallax occlusion mapping and several improvements for shadows, water, particles, depth of field and motion blur.

Meaning some of the number crunching that the CPU is doing now can be handed off to the Video GPU and that means better FPS if you have the system for it.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 12 September 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#63 Hallbor

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well, a patch for stability in normally always good. Not sure how much it helped, i see maybe one dc every one or two games.
Never had them often the last few months, so no idea there.

I DO have one problem in NEVER had before.
Since the hotfix i sometimes have that "rubberband"-bug. Meaning i walk a bit and suddenly i am a couple seconds or so back in a spot i already left.
That is NOT fun if you sit in an already open CTF with a XL engine and stand in front of an atlas. Walked around a house to "safety" on river city and suddenly i stand back in front of that atlas (and motionless at that).

Like i said in all the time i played this game i never once noticed that bug. Yesterday evening i had it 2 or 3 times that i was aware of it.
Does anybody else have that since the last "hotfix"?

#64 Azar Javed

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Post9erRed, on 12 September 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

And the question about what will DX11 do, it brings a whole new level of fidelity to the designers with what can now be rendered. The graphics could benefit from real-time local reflections and contact shadows, in addition, we may be able to enjoy hardware tessellation, parallax occlusion mapping and several improvements for shadows, water, particles, depth of field and motion blur.

Parallax Occlusion Mapping can be done on D3D9.0c as well. Not sure how DoF and Motion Blur are supposed to benefit from a D3D11 renderer, reflection/refraction shouldn't be a D3D9 issue as well. Never heard of contact shadows, but for the tesselation you're definitely correct. Plus, MSAA might finally work. I guess that part is never going to be fixed for D3D9, even though it should be possible with CE3 (see Crysis 2 on D3D9!).

Me personally, I'd rather like to see SLI/CF support coming, which shouldn't be THAT hard for a CryEngine 3 TWIMTBP title, eh? And that's for the D3D9 renderer... and the new D3D11 one, please. Thank you.

But other than that: I wouldn't be so harsh. I believe there have been faar worse game launches than what the MWO launch will be like given the current state of the game.

Edited by Azar Javed, 13 September 2013 - 10:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users