26 replies to this topic

#1 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

ive seen lots of twin ac 20 jags but... what if this Quadultra came around the corner for you... while it eats ammo like nothing else will and is rather slow... the dps it can output makes even double ac20s look bad... for the record the 7 tons of ammo is still enough to put out 875 dmg overall.

give it ratings! and cheese ratings too!

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'd welcome it.

Unless it catches me offguard, it's low speed, slow torso twist and paper thin armor can guarantee I'll core it out before the DPS flips in it's favor. Not much point in thinking about the damage 7 tons of ammo coul dtheoretically net you when you won't survive to burn through the 1st ton. 1 Star out of 5.

Triple UAC Ilya is still king of the Cheeze Aisle, until further notice. (Armor, decent speed, good ammo endurance mean far more than attempted shock value)

#3 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

well im pretty sure the whole point in cheesy is to catch ppl off guard anyway

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Poststalima, on 14 September 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

well im pretty sure the whole point in cheesy is to catch ppl off guard anyway

Naw. Good cheeze is maximum effectiveness for minimal effort. Hence the whole rafts of Splatcats when SRMs were broken, LRMStalkers during LRMageddon, PPC Stalkers pre Ghost-Heat, Poptarts pre JJ, PPC and Gauss nerf, etc. Now the UAC, between other weapons finally getting balanced (so people actually take a second to look at something beside a PPC/Gauss build) and the recent reduction in UAC jam rate, gets it's moment in the sun. Soon they will either return it to the previous jam mechanic, or toss it to the Ghost Heat wolves too, and they will once again have brought balance to the Force (until the nerf reveals the next FotM).

Though, IMO, with a slight nerf to the jam rate of the UAC (at least when boated), and if they would mildly buff Large Pulse Lasers and fix the Flamers, weapons balance would actually be in a phenomenally good place. Despite all the whining about the Gauss needing to have skill to use now, and heat management with PPCs (ERs may be a tad too hot, I have to run them some more to really decide)

#5 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

well i did make this mainly as a joke loadout, since ppl are on the ultra hate train, id like to see their face if they got one on their scanner...

the only problem i had with ultra ac before is they had a tendancy to just jam after the first shot way too often, but now they seem to rarely jam and well... that makes standard AC/5 very unattractive less bullets more dps, its more than worth it when they dont jam.

but in truth im less likely to charge into my enemys with ultra AC as opposed to fighting at their 600 range allowing for duck and cover during a jam... thats where the ultra cheese is at its finest

#6 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

#7 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

i upgraded the deign a bit and now it is in fact increadibly effective lasers removed for being slightly pointless

Quadultra2

rips through mechs like nothing else

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Poststalima, on 15 September 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

i upgraded the deign a bit and now it is in fact increadibly effective lasers removed for being slightly pointless

Quadultra2

rips through mechs like nothing else

well, endurance and survivability ain't gonna be it's hallmarks, so at the expense of 1 ton of ammo (what, .5 seconds of firing?) I at least got you enough speed to GET to the fight, and increased the arm armor slightly to improve chances of keeping those UACs long enough to shoot.

#9 Luzilyo

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWherever the fight is

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

tried building a quad-uac-jager too, but i abandoned it. i'm ok with low speed (my current jagermech goes 42 kph after the recent engine-upgrade, before it was even slower (like 38 kph)) but low speed mixed with low armor is never a good idea. you should either be fast enough to dodge enemy fire or you should have good enough armor to survive many hits. quad-uac's are really good and do much damage, but you won't be able to use them once you're dead.

#10 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

this thing aint designed specifically for outright brawling, so speed and armour can take a back seat... my huchback had more than enough and after using this its surprisingly effective as very heavy fire support.

and if you consider a certain clan hunchback that also isnt exactly fast and doesnt have much armour but hey they like it for its pewpew

#11 Archio

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

And this is everything that is currently wrong with MWO. I cant wait for Tuesday.

#12 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

I run a quad UAC5 Jager DD sometimes, and with a decent engine (225XL) going over 60kph and 2 tons ammo PER GUN. That's 200 rounds total. Definitely low on ammo, no doubt. Max damage output if you land every shot is 1000. My record running it is 850 damage in a match, which is 85% hit rate. I'm happy getting 400-500 damage before getting killed or running out of bullets. You would be surprised how fast this thing racks up damage when the cannons are all popping. It's a game of Russian roulette. Literally.

#13 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here you go. Quad UAC5 Jager with some armor.

JM6-S

#14 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Heh, I thought I'd give my 5 cents as well.

4xUAC Jag

#15 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

i've run 3 ultra ac5s pretty effectively on my jag.....had like 12 tons of ammo, absolutely deadly.

#16 Symbiodinium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ran into one of these quad UAC5 jaegers a week or so ago in my SDR-5K with 4MGs and 1 med. pulse. Stayed behind it (4-5 o'clock), aimed up into the armpit and it went down in about 5 seconds.

Edited by Symbiodinium, 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#17 TheNose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

learn 2 cheese

#18 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

This overheats more than my 6xAC2, so I switched to triple UAC5. It helped me a lot.

Edited by lunticasylum, 16 September 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#19 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

I love hunting triple/quad UAC/5 users when I'm piloting a dual-gauss or AC40 build. You can see the panic in their eyes when their guns jam and you're still bearing down on them.

#20 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

lol... The elusive 4 UAC mech. Not going to happen in a viable format. How is the 3 UAC Ilya cheese? Was it cheese before the UAC buff and will it be cheese after it gets nerfed? It has always been around and it has always been effective. So is the meaning of "cheese" now any effective build?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users