#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 14 September 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Technical with a Victor it is 8 points of damage. The formula is weight of mech/10. But yes that jackass complained about it. I know they are putting it back in just wish they would do it soon. One of the main reasons they took it out was that when you fell it went to 3rd person. Well they put 3rd person in the game so why not put collisions back in already.

Actually, if I heard right, they took out collisions from the game because it would glitch all over the place when you tried standing up, rubber banding the two mechs all over till they finally stood up (and sometimes still glitch and rubber band then too). It was a large bug they didn't want to deal with at the moment that was more of the problem. (Why work out collisions that are "meh" by game mechanics viewpoint, and instead hammer out weapon accuracy/balance and full overall game play.

They could do collisions in 1pv I think, but I want to see collisions and knockdown as more tripping and bumping (like bumping backwards after hitting something) instead of falling over. Let that Gyro do it's thing and keep you upright, but have it stumble you along for a bit or something.

I wasn't around when knockdown was in the game, and I can't say much on a system I never tried. I'd have to test a system before I could give actual feedback on it.

#22 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

The rubber banding was bad. It also sucked that you stood up in a random direction. It also took 3 seconds to get back into control of your mech all the while you're getting shot up.

#23 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Had this happen again tonight. Had just dropped with my buddy in Terrible Therma, and there was a cataphract in our lance. We were moseying along when out of the blue the 'phract decided to peel the armor off my buddy's entire right side with his SRM's. As I was walking behind them both, I saw the whole thing. So I "accidently discharged" my pulse lasers and etched my disapproval in his metal tailbone. I think he got the message. :D

#24 Nutlink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMountain Man!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 13 September 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

You know people will test weapons. You run into their line of fire anyway. If you know what the result will be, why do you do it?

Because I'm trying my damnedest to get to Theta before the enemy does so we can make sure we don't get out-capped towards the end of a match. The extra several seconds it would take for me to run AROUND you completely could mean a loss 5 minutes later because me and my buddies weren't able to get there first.

They do not need to be dead center in front of me to do that. The maps are big.

And the spawn points are small. Which is where the majority of these incidents happen. Not to mention that mechs don't have rear-view mirrors or anything like that. How am I suppose to know you're actually facing me and not torso twisting to the side? Or, even worse, WHY are you torso twisted towards me instead of facing ahead? Bottom line is that YOU are in control of you're weapons and where they aim on your screen. The view is rather large, do you not look before you shoot?

I'll do my best not to shoot you if I see you. But if you insist on crossing right in front of me, you are taking a risk. Sorry.

Are you THAT impatient that you can't wait between 60-180 seconds to fire your weapon? Can you not look at your screen where your reticule is pointing or check your radar to see where friendlies are sitting before firing?

In his defense, an apology is pretty pointless after that. He knows he screwed up. Apologizing won't fix anything and won't placate the person shot. Everytime I have seen someone apologize this has been the case. I have been shot in the back lots of times...I never bothered to ask for an apology because I didn't see the point. One time I knew for sure it was on purpose...instead of asking for an apology I legged him and then let him kill me

Hardly. I rarely ever say anything when something this happens to me, although I fire a round or two back. If they fire at me again then it's game on and they're going to lose a leg and as much armor as I can get a hold of. I won't finish them, but I'll make sure the enemy has it easy later on. If I don't get an apology and it doesn't boil into a TK round and I see that pilot in trouble later on I don't bother helping them, even if we're the last two standing, even if it means a loss.

#25 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 12 September 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

For the most part I agree with you...but

FFS, you're the one in the fast mech. Why are you running in front of me anyway? These are big maps. You do not need to have your *** in my face.

I have only actually hit someone once that I remember. I felt awful about it, but the guy started bitching and I saw where it was going, so I just left the game and went to a new one. Technically it is my fault, but not running in front of other mechs at the start of the game would also solve the problem.

(This is a game and people get bored at the start of these maps, and it is also a good time to test weapon grouping and heat...this is something that is not going away. Sorry)

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not?

All ya got to do is aim low. Fast mechs are supposed to get out front so as to cap and/or scout.

FTR, I get it. I do the same, especially a new build on Terra Therma...need to know how long it takes to cool down.

**edit below**

Ok after reading on I see you aren't being sarcastic. (Which would have been preferable, I love me some sarcasm)

We aren't talking about combat here, we are talking about the the beginning of a game. Also as a light, I might only have 20-odd points of armor on my legs or 8 on my rear torsos. So catching a PPC could put a serious damper on my lifespan.

As someone else pointed out, all you have to do is start moving forward (number pad controls the throttle, hit 0 and you max out), aim at the ground or the sky (not like you will give away our position, only 2 spawn points) and fire away.

FF at the spawn point is all on you.

Now FF during combat...that's another story. Feces occurs, and mistakes happen. But fire discipline is still expected.

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 15 September 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#26 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 12 September 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

FFS, you're the one in the fast mech. Why are you running in front of me anyway? These are big maps. You do not need to have your *** in my face.
Dude, if you're the one test firing, you're the one in charge of making sure you don't hit someone, particularly since folks, will start out in front of you.

#27 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostBOTA49, on 14 September 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Because I'm trying my damnedest to get to Theta before the enemy does so we can make sure we don't get out-capped towards the end of a match. The extra several seconds it would take for me to run AROUND you completely could mean a loss 5 minutes later because me and my buddies weren't able to get there first.

LOL! No it wouldn't. Especially now that it takes forever to cap something. That extra 5 seconds would be completely negligible. No game is going to be that close.

And the spawn points are small. Which is where the majority of these incidents happen.

Can you give me an example? I can't think of any maps where the spawn point is THAT small.

I think it is more likely it just irritates you that you have to go around. Which is fine...I think you are entitled to be irritated. But lets not pretend it is game breaking to have to go around...it's clearly not.

Bottom line is that YOU are in control of you're weapons and where they aim on your screen. The view is rather large, do you not look before you shoot?

I do look. I'll do my best to avoid shooting you. I wish you luck in avoiding my friendly fire.

But if you simply go around me, it will reduce the chances of you being hit dramatically. Maybe even to zero.

Are you THAT impatient that you can't wait between 60-180 seconds to fire your weapon?

Yes. yes I am. Sorry. It's a character flaw. I get bored easy.

The radar display is not detailed enough for me to see exactly where you are.

Hardly. I rarely ever say anything when something this happens to me, although I fire a round or two back.

Why? What does that solved? It simply makes your team more likely to lose. It might make you feel better, but it does not counter the damage already done.

If they fire at me again then it's game on and they're going to lose a leg and as much armor as I can get a hold of.

If it happened to me, it would escalate quickly. I'd either try to leg you and quit, or I would just quit. Either way, your chances of winning are significantly reduced. It will not discourage me from doing it again. I don't lose anything from quitting.

So the best solution is to either quit and start a new game, or ignore it. Whenever it has happened to me, I ignored it (unless it was on purpose).

#28 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 15 September 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not?

Nope.

I'm just saying what most of us are thinking. And I say "most of us" because I see it happen every single game, on every map I play. I am clearly not the only one doing this.

All ya got to do is aim low. Fast mechs are supposed to get out front so as to cap and/or scout.

I do. I am careful. That is not a 100% guarantee they will not get hit, but I do take some precautions.

FTR, I get it. I do the same, especially a new build on Terra Therma...need to know how long it takes to cool down.

Exactly. There are many reasons to do this...get a feel for heat, recharge times, weapon groupings, ect.

Critics will complain that this is not reason enough to put them at risk. I disagree. Because they have the option of staying out of my way (and they can move faster than me, so it should not be an issue for them).

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 16 September 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 16 September 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

LOL! No it wouldn't. Especially now that it takes forever to cap something. That extra 5 seconds would be completely negligible. No game is going to be that close.

Can you give me an example? I can't think of any maps where the spawn point is THAT small.

I think it is more likely it just irritates you that you have to go around. Which is fine...I think you are entitled to be irritated. But lets not pretend it is game breaking to have to go around...it's clearly not.

I do look. I'll do my best to avoid shooting you. I wish you luck in avoiding my friendly fire.

But if you simply go around me, it will reduce the chances of you being hit dramatically. Maybe even to zero.

Yes. yes I am. Sorry. It's a character flaw. I get bored easy.

The radar display is not detailed enough for me to see exactly where you are.

Why? What does that solved? It simply makes your team more likely to lose. It might make you feel better, but it does not counter the damage already done.

If it happened to me, it would escalate quickly. I'd either try to leg you and quit, or I would just quit. Either way, your chances of winning are significantly reduced. It will not discourage me from doing it again. I don't lose anything from quitting.

So the best solution is to either quit and start a new game, or ignore it. Whenever it has happened to me, I ignored it (unless it was on purpose).

So, from what I'm getting here, if I'm in a fast mech, and I run around shooting my weapons at the start of the match, and I "happened" to also check my torso to make sure it will "twist" properly, and my lasers just "happened" to hit you, it's completely your fault for standing in "my" line of fire?

Logic circuits breaking. System overloading. Self destruct initiated.

As far as shooting back, I only shoot back if they hit me twice (or more). Otherwise, I go on with the match. Also, 5 seconds of extra capping time can be the difference between a defeat and a victory. I've had several matches that really where that close.

To sum it all up, you are in control of your weapons and when they discharge. You want to waste your ammo, that is your prerogative. When your "weapon's discharge" hits me, it is no longer your prerogative, but now my problem. Watch where you shoot and aiming in a safe direction is a better choice, or just literally waiting about 30 seconds for the faster mechs to clear out of the way before you test your weapons. We are talking about 30 seconds in a match that normally takes anywhere from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes to come into contact with the enemy. You will still have plenty of time to test anything you want after the lights have left the pack. Would "30 seconds" really change the match that much? (Recognize that line?)

And, I guess you are the rage quitter that quits as soon as there is even a minor problem. Honestly, I do hope I don't drop with you, as I now know I can't depend upon you for much. You might just up and leave me hanging when I need you most.

PS: Two matches so far today, not a single "weapon's test fire" at start yet. Testing Grounds should provide all the information you require.

#30 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 16 September 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I'm just saying what most of us are thinking. And I say "most of us" because I see it happen every single game, on every map I play. I am clearly not the only one doing this.

"Most of us"? I think not. The vast majority of people are smart enough not to fire in spawn or to wait until people have spread out and are certain not to hit anyone.

I do. I am careful. That is not a 100% guarantee they will not get hit, but I do take some precautions.

If you take ANY reasonable precautions, you will never hit anyone.

Critics will complain that this is not reason enough to put them at risk. I disagree. Because they have the option of staying out of my way (and they can move faster than me, so it should not be an issue for them).

It is certainly an issue for them. Anyone, anywhere in front of you is potentially "in your way", but it is incumbent on you, who are behind them not to fire near anyone, rather than them to look over their shoulder and see where you are facing.

Bottom line is, if you just can't stand it and have to fire weapons at spawn, you need to do whatever it takes not to shoot any teammates.

Also, as for apologies, they make a world of difference to people that receive FF.

#31 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

in over 8500 matches I've been cored in the back twice by a teammate in a manner I couldn't forgive. Once I was already Critted in the CT and the other I was fresh. I then sat in the ghost seat and watched them shooting other team mates that they got behind whether by the other mech moving in to crowd a target as so many do or by moving behind them with no enemy mech in range on that vector. One of those two commented that maybe I needed to add armor to my back and felt there was no problem whatsoever with his asocial behavior. The other just challenged me to report him with a cute little LoL. How the developer could identify instances like this, unfortunately, would cost more that the value it would return. All the other times I've been shot were either first time pilots who decided at drop it was a free-for-all and all these mechs surrounding them were targets, misfires from someone alt & tabbing back into the game, or someone testing the heat buildup with a few shots (and couldn't be bothered to test it on that map's practice range). And there have been a couple of drops where I inadvertently left-clicked like a spasm, and one I his the wrong slash key when trying to open my missile bay doors. The big thing to me is that if you didn't mean to hit your teammate apologize simply. ***** happens. If you did mean to shoot them, don't.

#32 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostEximar, on 16 September 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

"Most of us"? I think not.

I think so. Based on what I am seeing at the beginning of every match. It isn't just me...even some of the lights do it.

The vast majority of people are smart enough not to fire in spawn or to wait until people have spread out and are certain not to hit anyone.

LOL, if you say so. That is not what I am seeing.

If you take ANY reasonable precautions, you will never hit anyone.

That has not been the case from my experience. I can reduce the likelihood of FF, but I cannot eliminate it.

It is certainly an issue for them. Anyone, anywhere in front of you is potentially "in your way", but it is incumbent on you, who are behind them not to fire near anyone, rather than them to look over their shoulder and see where you are facing.

I disagree. I think it is easier for them to stay out of my field of view.

Bottom line is, if you just can't stand it and have to fire weapons at spawn, you need to do whatever it takes not to shoot any teammates.

I do. It is not 100% effective however.

Also, as for apologies, they make a world of difference to people that receive FF.

That has not been my experience. Not from what I have seen in chat. There are always hard feelings after.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 16 September 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#33 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostTesunie, on 16 September 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

So, from what I'm getting here, if I'm in a fast mech, and I run around shooting my weapons at the start of the match, and I "happened" to also check my torso to make sure it will "twist" properly, and my lasers just "happened" to hit you, it's completely your fault for standing in "my" line of fire?

I disagree. You can move faster than me. You have more control.

But if it makes you feel better, I would probably not shoot you back unless I thought you did it on purpose.

To sum it all up, you are in control of your weapons and when they discharge. You want to waste your ammo, that is your prerogative. When your "weapon's discharge" hits me, it is no longer your prerogative, but now my problem.

Accidents happen. Sorry. I do take precautions.

And, I guess you are the rage quitter that quits as soon as there is even a minor problem.

No rage involved. It's a patience issue. It is so easy to start a new game, why bother with starting one at a disadvantage because of FF or have to deal with a pissed off teammate?

If anything it is laziness, not rage.

Honestly, I do hope I don't drop with you

If you see me you could always just quit and start a new game.

as I now know I can't depend upon you for much. You might just up and leave me hanging when I need you most.

The alternatives are worse. Sorry. If I am not having fun there would be no point in playing.

PS: Two matches so far today, not a single "weapon's test fire" at start yet. Testing Grounds should provide all the information you require.

Takes time to load and time to exit. Too annoying. Sorry. Maybe if they make it faster.

#34 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

If you are truly going to maintain that lots of people do it in every match, that you can't prevent FF and it's the victim's fault, and that apologizing is a bad thing, then I surrender. No reason to discuss it any further...
:)

#35 VanWinK1LL

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yeah. This is just going around in circles. The key phrase to keep in mind is "don't be a {Richard Cameron}". And if you do something dickish, be an adult and apologize. It's not that hard. Cheers.

#36 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 16 September 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

I disagree. You can move faster than me. You have more control.

But if it makes you feel better, I would probably not shoot you back unless I thought you did it on purpose.

Accidents happen. Sorry. I do take precautions.

No rage involved. It's a patience issue. It is so easy to start a new game, why bother with starting one at a disadvantage because of FF or have to deal with a pissed off teammate?

If anything it is laziness, not rage.

If you see me you could always just quit and start a new game.

The alternatives are worse. Sorry. If I am not having fun there would be no point in playing.

Takes time to load and time to exit. Too annoying. Sorry. Maybe if they make it faster.

You can disagree with me, but me being faster or not is a non-issue. It is you who should just not shoot your weapons at the start of a match (if you can help it) and try to avoid shooing allies as much as possible, even when testing your weapons. If you feel the need that badly to shoot your weapons, turn around and do it. There is normally a nice wall behind you to shoot. Shoot that instead. Shoot the ground instead. Shoot the air instead. Shooting directly in front of you is just bad practice.

We aren't talking about "accidents" from combat, but preventable, start of match, damage that can be dealt with by people not test shooting their weapons while everyone is trying to move. We are talking about people who shoot dead ahead, right next to a mech, and then that mech moves (as they should) and gets pelted. We are talking about people who load in, with a mech already in front of them, and as soon as the match starts, they unload all weapons onto the mech that loaded in front of them before they have a chance to even move. We are talking about instances were the damage is easily stopped. Light mechs move, fast. Just because we move fast does not mean we are aware of what people behind us are doing. It is not our fault. If a gun goes off from someone pulling the trigger, is it the person who got shot fault that the bullet just happened to hit them?

Rage. Laziness. Doesn't matter. You penalize your team because you had a "minor hiccup". I've been friendly fired to the point I almost lost a leg before, and I didn't leave. I've already loaded in, and the team is counting on me to do my part. I might be angry (even after an apology, but an apology eases it and makes me willing to still help you), but you and me are not the team. By you leaving for any reason before your mech's demise, you hinder the team. Even if you are left with a single point of health left on your mech and you can still move, you can still help. Be a distraction. Try to cap. If you still have weapons, try to shoot enemies before you die. Even a handicapped mech can still help farther the team's position.

I would never quit a match because I "saw someone I didn't like on my team". I would never hinder my team, even a bunch of strangers, because of a personal matter between me and another mechwarrior. If anything, I try to ignore that one player, go on with the match, and fight my own way. Just had a match where I had someone I knew from the forums (and didn't like here) in the match. I played anyway, and watched as he died very quickly. (He was on the enemy team anyway, but even then, I just ignored him and did what I needed to do.)

Alternatives? Of you leaving me when I might need you most? It ruins the fun of the game for me, and if you purposefully take action to hinder the game for other players, it is called griefing. Even the friendly fire dealt at the start of a match can be considered griefing, especially if one does it over and over again. (I will give, accidents happen. We aren't talking about accidents, but "accidents" that come from "test firing weapons" in a clearly bad area and time to do so.) To prevent this from happening, just test your weapons on the testing grounds, as intended, or turn and face a wall. There is little excuse for shooting a fellow teammate for any reason at the start of the match (some exceptions may apply).

I know I've accidentally discharged my weapons after playing Guild Wars 2 for too long between. Got so use to changing my camera angles with the right mouse button, I tried to do it here and shot my second weapon groupings. Oops. Haven't hit anyone yet, but if I did, I'd apologize and explain what happened. And it would be completely my fault if such a situation did occur.

Time to load and time to exit? Same with starting a match and exiting because of friendly fire. You only have to load into the testing grounds once for a build, configure it there, and test all the damage and heat scaling you want on any map you want. I'd take a single trip to the testing ground over what could be several restarted matches. This prevents a let down of your teammates, friendly fire risks, as well as heat scale mitigation testing (on the hottest maps available) with a single loading screen. Plus, because it doesn't have to find a match and it doesn't need to connect to the servers, the testing grounds load in really fast and quickly, making it even less of an inconvenience. Testing grounds are not a waste of time, it is a very helpful tool to improve your mech configurations and your own personal skills at creating effective mech load outs.

If "everyone" tested their weapons in the testing grounds (at a minimal cost of time), it would reduce the in game weapon testing friendly fire damage to absolutely zero. Then, we would have less handicapped players and games, less people exiting a match prematurely because they have been handicapped, and more matches with full teams, full mechs, and greater fun for all to have. All because you (as in, each individual player) went to the testing grounds to preconfigure your mech load out before you went into a live fire situation. This, of course, is only talking and referring to weapon testing fire in the start of the match. It is not covering accidental weapons fire from bugs, clicking into the game, or a finger twitch.

To sum it all up: You shoot the weapons, you are responsible for where they are going. It is not the fault of someone else if you happen to shoot them. Otherwise, the friendly kill penalty would fall to the person who died by friendly fire, instead of penalizing the person who shot the killing blow into a friendly machine. This penalty should clearly tell you it is the fault of the person who shoots the weapons, and not the person who "moves fast". You want to risk taking this penalty in your end of match score, then continue to test fire your weapons at the start of the match. (Wish that they would make this instead of just a killing blow penalty, a damage to friendly mech caused penalty.)

#37 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I can speak from experience that at least one cause of people firing weapons very early in a match, seemingly without a point, is because they're tabbed out doing something in a browser. When you click back into the game, unlike with other applications, the game takes the input, rather than simply taking "active" status. Whereas other applications don't respond to that first click, MWO, for some reason, takes the input, and because weapons are bound to the left click, those weapons fire when the user clicks back to the game to make it "active".

So at least part of the problem can be solved by that bug being resolved. I'm not sure many people are even aware it happens though.

Another option is to do as one other poster said, and make it so that drops are arranged so that no 'Mech is directly facing another at game start. That way misfires hit nothing but air... and maybe dirt.

#38 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostThroet, on 16 September 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

I can speak from experience that at least one cause of people firing weapons very early in a match, seemingly without a point, is because they're tabbed out doing something in a browser. When you click back into the game, unlike with other applications, the game takes the input, rather than simply taking "active" status. Whereas other applications don't respond to that first click, MWO, for some reason, takes the input, and because weapons are bound to the left click, those weapons fire when the user clicks back to the game to make it "active".

So at least part of the problem can be solved by that bug being resolved. I'm not sure many people are even aware it happens though.

Another option is to do as one other poster said, and make it so that drops are arranged so that no 'Mech is directly facing another at game start. That way misfires hit nothing but air... and maybe dirt.

User side solution to this problem:
1. Either click into the application while your mech powers up (timing issue).
2. Set up your weapon configurations so nothing is assigned to weapon group one. This way, when you load in and click to make MWO active, you don't fire any weapons at all from the input. Then, before match starts, click the left arrow key over twice, and have the 3 group have the weapon configuration of what group 1 would be, as left clicks shoot whatever is actively selected and not just group 1.
3. Don't tab out of the program when it is searching for a group. (Be patient.)
4. Don't click into the program till there is no one in front of you, and be ready to quickly point your weapons fire up or down as soon as you click into the program.

Personally, I'd just set up weapon group 3 as weapon group 1, and click the left arrow key twice after I've clicked in to have my left mouse button be properly set. Surely this shouldn't be too hard to remember at start of matches, and it would keep your allies much safer.

But I do see your point, and I've been hit by such a case. Person apologized quickly, I just forgave as I understood it wasn't intentional, and went off on my merry little way. Accidents do happen.

#39 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Ah friendly firing...had a couple of games where some smart person thought it'd be real smart to actually kill off fellow team mates before even making contact with the enemy... Yeah, that just isn't the best way to start a match.

#40 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostSaiyajin12, on 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Ah friendly firing...had a couple of games where some smart person thought it'd be real smart to actually kill off fellow team mates before even making contact with the enemy... Yeah, that just isn't the best way to start a match.

Last match, just happened. Enemy team had a "so and so" has killed "so and so", same name. What I caught on all chat was that someone opened fire on a friendly mech, then overrode heat safety, and overheated himself to death while attacking a teammate. Wasn't there, but that's what I think happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users