15% Loyalty Bonus For Founders Mechs

232 replies to this topic

Poll: 15% loyalty bonus for Founder mechs (505 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support the addition of a 15% loyalty bonus to the Founder mech linup?

1. Yes, 15% seems appropriate (283 votes [56.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.04%

2. No, I don't support adding a loyalty bonus (90 votes [17.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

3. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but lower than 15% (70 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

4. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but greater than 15% (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

5. I really don't have an opinion either way on this issue. (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostNauht, on 14 September 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

LOL at you deluded founders that still think PGI is catering for you in any way. Given their course and atttitude towards founders what makes you think they're willing to give us anything at this point?

Just come to accept that you've been had and move on.

^^^ This is sad. You aren't helping the situation.

#22 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

PGI should make a founder trade. You give your founder mechs back and get for example the half of the money back (because of premium time, all the mc you spent). PGI sell them again for half of the price to people like me :) Everybody would be happy

#23 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I don't see PGI just blindly giving away a loyalty bonus since it could potentially eat into the Phoenix sales, but a compromise would be a win-win situation for both sides.

Anyone who purchases a Phoenix package should be able to have a 10% loyalty bonus applied to their Founders or Premium Mechs.

There would be a limitation however, the amount of mechs eligible for the retro upgrade would be directly tied to the number of Phoenix and Sabre Reinforcement Mechs purchased. Buying the Overlord and Sabre package would automatically upgrade all of your previously purchased mechs to the loyalty bonus.

It sounds like it could be a lot of work for PGI, but they partially deserve it for not doing a better job of managing community relations.

#24 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Would be nice if they gifted all the CB or OB participants a code or something that would let us pick one mech to add a bonus on to.

#25 lowe0

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I agree with bringing them up to even with the Phoenix mechs.

#26 Nutlink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMountain Man!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

The effect is relatively small in regards to the CBill difference and I'm not sure what loyalty points will truly be used for, so I can't comment on that yet. However, it just seems like a slap in the face to release hero mechs at 30% Cbills in what, October last year? The founders package was announced in June last year and sold through August. It's a damn shame they did it that way too.

Considering that my purchases become obsolete in less than a year apparently (Founders<Hero<Phoenix) makes me think that either I'm either NOT going to buy anything except possibly the yearly packages or maybe I just won't bother spending money at all. Yes, I'm a bit cheap, but I've also given PGI roughly $186.75 since I started playing, and to be honest, that's more than enough. If I didn't cancel both my founders and Phoenix orders, that would be another $200....

If they'd keep these kind of mechs on equal footing with newer releases in regards to bonuses, I'd be more inclined to buy more in the future.

Edited by BOTA49, 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#27 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Of all the Founders I know(many) only four of them still spend money on MWO... and they are effing rich buggers who don't care(one of them spends more on iphone games then on MWO).

They're going for the 'milk them once and chuck them' approach... this is fine if you're selling a product that everyone will try once... but they're not... so...

Edited by Sam Slade, 14 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#28 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 14 September 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I'm not a founder myself, but seeing as how many founders backed a game that is unlikely going to become what they expected, they deserve to be rewarded by different means.

I hardly ever see any of the founders mechs in play, and that seems at odds with original intent.

I blame not seeing founders in game on the founder tag getting reset to null after every patch. Half the time time I forget to reset back to showing my tag.

As for the op, I got what I paid for.... early access, extra mc, and a spify tag. If they want to give us more, great. But I do not feel entitled to more since they delivered to me what they promised: early access to a game in the process of development, MC, and a spify tag.

Edited by Dracol, 14 September 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#29 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostDracol, on 14 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I blame not seeing founders in game on the founder tag getting reset to null after every patch. Half the time time I forget to reset back to showing my tag.

This is very annoying.

It should be on by default anyway.

#30 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostSam Slade, on 14 September 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Of all the Founders I know(many) only four of them still spend money on MWO... and they are effing rich buggers who don't care(one of them spends more on iphone games then on MWO).

They're going for the 'milk them once and chuck them' approach... this is fine if you're selling a product that everyone will try once... but they're not... so...

You know one more then. I still spend money on this game for premium time and also MC once in a while to convert XP into GXP. I'm not the only founder who still got that, and I'm not even effing rich like your friends...

#31 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostTweaks, on 14 September 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

You know one more then

I wish it was all of them... they just ran out of reasons.

#32 Lishta

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMy Living Room

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm not a founder myself, but seeing as how many founders backed a game that is unlikely going to become what they expected, they deserve to be rewarded by different means. I hardly ever see any of the founders mechs in play, and that seems at odds with original intent.

I'm going to vote yes for the exact same reason.

#33 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Regarding we "got what we paid for", we had no idea what we were getting. We had no reference for the value of things other than what we were told. We walked into the game, site unseen, many of us dropped $120 on the barrel and said show us what you've got.

Exactly, you made an investment with no idea of it's true value. It was more to support the game being made, than to have some special trinkets/virtual items in the game.

If you had any idea how other F2P games evolved, you wouldn't expect your virtual founder stuff to be useful forever and ever, it's the nature of these games, they evolve and better/new things are released to keep those who still play interested and to have new goals in the game.

Edited by Earl White, 15 September 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#34 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Why would I vote no?

#35 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostEarl White, on 15 September 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Exactly, you made an investment with no idea of it's true value. It was more to support the game being made, than to have some special trinkets/virtual items in the game.

If you had any idea how other F2P games evolved, you wouldn't expect your virtual founder stuff to be useful forever and ever, it's the nature of these games, they evolve and better/new things are released to keep those who still play interested and to have new goals in the game.

Come on , you can't believe that seriously. The game is not even released yet and already our founders's packages are obsolete and we'd have to pay again to get even with the Phoenix ones. Sure, this works to get us to buy something, but it's extremely poor marketing tactics and bad recognition to the loyal customers who were the first to invest in your product. And actually, invest is a very bad term to use. An investment is supposed to generate revenues while this game is only chipping away at our wallets. So by all means, this wasn't an investment, it was a pure leap of faith. Yes, we got "something" in return, but that something is not worth much anymore now that the Phoenix packages are in. To me it's nothing but a slap in the face unless they give founders something more to make it even.

#36 Leppard

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Regarding we "got what we paid for", we had no idea what we were getting. We had no reference for the value of things other than what we were told. We walked into the game, site unseen, many of us dropped $120 on the barrel and said show us what you've got. And it was much different than many of us anticipated with lots of promises for the future, which still as of yet have not been fulfilled.

With Phoenix, you know what the maps are, you know what the game feels like, you have a general idea what the mech is going to play like, and you generally know what to expect. You have an idea about the value you expect to receive from your money. You're also getting Heros, standards, I assume mechbays for all, premium time, higher cbill bonus, a loyalty bonus, and colors that you can transfer to other mechs. Ok, sure, that's fine.

When they came out with the Heros, I don't think any of the Founders expected that the cbill bonus would instantly be outclassed by unique variants. Our variants just replaced the prime setup. It had different colors, something that was not available as it is now. We knew nothing of the economy or what a cbill or "mechwarrior credit" was actually worth, other than "it's enough to buy around 15 medium mechs" (as I recall). And we were very much reminded of what this would mean for us at launch. Even prior to Phoenix, all of this has been moot for months. In other words, we paid for something special that was only special in closed beta.

For the most part, yeah, you pretty much don't see any Founders mechs in-game now. I see one every now and then, and I love it when they do well, even against me. And it is sad that we are just about to release and there is nothing on the field that says "hey, that's one of the closed beta guys". People that threw in their lot and a whole crapload of money on faith alone.

This poll is simply a suggestion to reflect that loyalty with something appropriate, a loyalty bonus. Not asking for supermechs. I just want to see the old Founders mechs have some relevance in the days to come.

I agree 100%

#37 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

:)

#38 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

I hardly ever see any of the founders mechs in play, and that seems at odds with original intent.

I unlocked the master module slot, barely touch them as other mechs net more C-Bills.

No reason to pilot them currently. =P

Wouldn't mind a fence sitting pole option though. Neither really for or against the idea.

#39 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 17 September 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Wouldn't mind a fence sitting pole option though. Neither really for or against the idea.

Done, sir.

#40 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

They should get the same loyalty bonus as the Phoenix mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users