15% Loyalty Bonus For Founders Mechs

232 replies to this topic

Poll: 15% loyalty bonus for Founder mechs (505 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support the addition of a 15% loyalty bonus to the Founder mech linup?

1. Yes, 15% seems appropriate (283 votes [56.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.04%

2. No, I don't support adding a loyalty bonus (90 votes [17.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

3. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but lower than 15% (70 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

4. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but greater than 15% (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

5. I really don't have an opinion either way on this issue. (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Here is my take

If it can be done of a lunch break. Sure knock it out.

But in no way shape or form should ANY development time be spent on further pile on stuff on a small (and if any thing i learned working as a CSR holds true) shrinking group of player just so they can feel better and more exclusive. They have already spent a decent amount of art asset time because "we" demanded to be able to paint our (F) mechs.. The deal was for 25% and that is what we got.

Move forward, not backwards.

#62 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

The more I think about it, teh more I`m against it.
If I buy a car, and 2 years later the new model has a feature mine doesn`t, the manufacturer won`t usually give me that because it`s a selling point of the new model over a used old one. And most definitely not for free.

The additional difference being that a car costs easily 100-1000-10000x as much as any founders package did, therefore it`s purchase "should" carry significantly more clout.

Or to come to a similar price category: I don`t see Texas Instruments offering me free upgrades on my old calculators, only selling me new ones.

I no longer support the idea of a "founders loyalty medallion".

1. The reason stated above.
2. The overall conduct of many founders these last few weeks since launch has been more in line with bannination, not praise and rewards.

If you want to reward the good ones, then finally start ejecting the bad ones, FIRST.

3. PGI , whether you like it or not (and we all know you do not), is a COMPANY, meaning they' re doing this TO EARN MONEY. Considering the massive sums of money the founders /"core players" have publically admitted to (and vehemently advocated) NOT spending, why should they get ANYTHING?

Nothing ln life is free. Except death, and that costs you your life.

Edited by Zerberus, 05 October 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#63 Xanquil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

15% loyalty bonus to the founder mechs to those who have been loyal to the game from the beginning, sounds about right to me. :)

#64 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Any Founder that does not vote for "greater than 15%" will be shot for treason.

#65 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

The more I think about it the more I think they should streamline the amount of different bonus types.

Currently we have;
Champion, +10% XP
Founder, +25% C-bills
Hero, +30% C-bills
Phoenix, +30% c-bills, +10% Loyalty

I'm starting to think they need to compress Founder and Phoenix bonuses into a 'Limited Edition' bonus that gets the highest amount of all rewards. Naturally enough these mechs are only available in these limited purchase cash only pre-order packages.

When a future pack comes out and tiddlywinks become a currency, instead of bringing out another bonus tier, they simply add +5% tiddlywinks to the 'limited edition' mechs so the new series doesn't lessen the value of older mechs.

I have my founders mech and it got a very good run, but it is highly unlikely that it will ever get touched again once my phoenix packs arrive because the phoenix packs give higher c-bills and a secondary currency that I am guarantied to want to grind.

Edited by CheeseThief, 05 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#66 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostZerberus, on 05 October 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

If I buy a car, and 2 years later the new model has a feature mine doesn`t, the manufacturer won`t usually give me that because it`s a selling point of the new model over a used old one. And most definitely not for free.

The additional difference being that a car costs easily 100-1000-10000x as much as any founders package did, therefore it`s purchase "should" carry significantly more clout.

Or to come to a similar price category: I don`t see Texas Instruments offering me free upgrades on my old calculators, only selling me new ones.

I no longer support the idea of a "founders loyalty medallion".

1. The reason stated above.
2. The overall conduct of many founders these last few weeks since launch has been more in line with bannination, not praise and rewards.

If you want to reward the good ones, then finally start ejecting the bad ones, FIRST.

3. PGI , whether you like it or not (and we all know you do not), is a COMPANY, meaning they' re doing this TO EARN MONEY. Considering the massive sums of money the founders /"core players" have publically admitted to (and vehemently advocated) NOT spending, why should they get ANYTHING?

The difference is EVERYONE here is driving around in a 1982 Datsun. It's not like they're releasing the "new" model each year. These are battlemechs, not cars or calculators. All designs should theoretically be relevant until the Clans come.

When new pay content is available, it should be different and that should be the draw. To continue to one-up the last release only narrows variety on the battlefield. As these were the first mechs on the field for many, many people, they deserve a place in this game's history.

Regardless, we're talking loyalty, not superpowers. Even a loyalty bonus doesn't guarantee usage, but it gives them a purpose so they might be seen. Don't understand all the hate on logic. I'd feel the same about it even if I wasn't a Founder. It just seems appropriate.

Besides, making exclusive content (Founders, Phoenix) visible is only something that helps PGI sell more in the future. I guarantee there are plenty of people buying into Phoenix because they feel like they missed out on Founders. The presence of identifiable and unique "limited edition" (I liked that) equipment only helps to sell such upcoming content to new users in the future.

#67 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostKhobai, on 14 September 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Founders who didnt buy a project phoenix pack shouldnt get anything. They already got what they paid for.

Founders who bought ANY project phoenix pack, already get a founders cockpit item, but IMO that item should give +5% cbills and +12.5% loyalty to any founders mech its equipped on. That would make it equivalent to a phoenix mech.

That actually makes the founders cockpit item worth using, where before it was just inferior to a loyalty medallion in every way, which was a slap in the face to founders who continued to support the game.

Not a bad idea. I was just thinking that would be a good stopgap solution without having to backtrack on previous design decisions.

#68 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

I find it rather funny that Founders' 'mechs do not give loyalty bonuses.

#69 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Combinations of the various levels of Founder and Phoenix packs should yield exponentially greater bonuses as they increase in monetary value. This is a completely fair and objective assessment.

#70 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would like to see it but I'm not expecting it nor am I going to campaign for it.

If it was to be done it shouldn't be equal to what "loyalty mechs" get just like founder mechs don't earn what hero mechs do

#71 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

you get what you paid for
i regret to have missed the founders phase - but even then i'd say: you knew what you were paying for and you got what you were paying for

#72 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

Well

View PostZerberus, on 05 October 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

The only reasonable plus to be a founder seems to me is give founders a discount on price of the phoenix. This is the reward a keyaccount would get in normal business. Since founders buy phonix anyhow this will decreas the profit of phonix sales, but in the end PGI would get more satisfied customers. And if PGI would communicate it right, they would get a positiv response over all.

#73 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

I didn't get a discount :)
and you are right - some of the founders - are hardliners - they will buy any junk as long it has the IP of BattleTech... lucky my girl friend cleared my head before I was able to buy a X-Box to play the Mechassault series :)

#74 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 09 October 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

I didn't get a discount :lol:
and you are right - some of the founders - are hardliners - they will buy any junk as long it has the IP of BattleTech... lucky my girl friend cleared my head before I was able to buy a X-Box to play the Mechassault series ;)

Haha, I own both. Bought the first, said WTF is this??? Then bought the second, and said WTF is this??? Then I bought MWO. I'm noticing a trend.

#75 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Founders asking/demanding stuff they have no reason to deserve or cause to expect? Yeah, that's totally not a new thing. :|

I'm not opposed to it, but It'll be a cold day in hell when I support it.

#76 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

i like this idea, it polarises the pay to grind further and further until it really does become "buy 5th edition hero pack with 75% bonuses on everything!" Master a mech in a day and annihilate the free players who are stuck for weeks in trial mechs.

P2W trolls should start munching on this thread.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 12 October 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#77 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 12 October 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

i like this idea, it polarises the pay to grind further and further until it really does become "buy 5th edition hero pack with 75% bonuses on everything!" Master a mech in a day and annihilate the free players who are stuck for weeks in trial mechs.

P2W trolls should start munching on this thread.

This makes no sense. Opinion on a small faction loyalty bonus. Nothing else. No need to be an a$$hat. Founders aren't polarizing anything, as every other pay mech in the game other than champions is better in all regards. This doesn't even change that, just gives them purpose in the upcoming CW.

Some people are so anti-Founder they can't see logic past their own hatred/self-pity.

#78 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 12 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Some people are so anti-Founder they can't see logic past their own hatred/self-pity.

And many Founders have such an overblown sense of entitlement that they think anyone that disagrees with them is ruled by self hatred/pity.

CW was touted as a feature for some time. The Founders' package included no bonuses to this, nor ever implied any. So, here we are, over a year later, with Founders asking for something added to an already completed purchase for no additional investment on their parts? Yeah, no, the world does not work that way. You don't get to renegotiate an already completed contract. The fact that Founders get a little extra bling with Project Phoenix and have recently had paint jobs and geometry updated on their rides is PGI already going above and beyond what they promised to Founders.

#79 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I think the best course of action is to give everyone who bought into both the Founders and Phoenix mechs the 15% bonus
along with any future packs.

Founders are still relevant while also bringing new players aboard

#80 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 12 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

This makes no sense. Opinion on a small faction loyalty bonus. Nothing else. No need to be an a$$hat. Founders aren't polarizing anything, as every other pay mech in the game other than champions is better in all regards. This doesn't even change that, just gives them purpose in the upcoming CW.

lol just keep saying that and make more enemies with the free players who are stuck in lesser mechs for longer and longer cause they didn't front up money like you guys did. it's not p2w but the p2 advantage is by threads like these suggesting the gap between rich and poor should be extended further. where will this end? i'll let the founders decide how much cake they want and eat as well.

as far as i can see this poll is just the self proclaimed board of directors trying give themselves an extra bonus for christmas. pffft

edit: out of curiosity of 118 votes casted for yes... 19 are members the rest are founders :huh:

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 12 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users