15% Loyalty Bonus For Founders Mechs

232 replies to this topic

Poll: 15% loyalty bonus for Founder mechs (505 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support the addition of a 15% loyalty bonus to the Founder mech linup?

1. Yes, 15% seems appropriate (283 votes [56.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.04%

2. No, I don't support adding a loyalty bonus (90 votes [17.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

3. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but lower than 15% (70 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

4. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but greater than 15% (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

5. I really don't have an opinion either way on this issue. (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

lol just keep saying that and make more enemies with the free players who are stuck in lesser mechs for longer and longer cause they didn't front up money like you guys did. it's not p2w but the p2 advantage is by threads like these suggesting the gap between rich and poor should be extended further. where will this end? i'll let the founders decide how much cake they want and eat as well.

as far as i can see this poll is just the self proclaimed board of directors trying give themselves an extra bonus for christmas. pffft

edit: out of curiosity of 118 votes casted for yes... 19 are members the rest are founders :D

As far as I can tell your post is simply anti-anything that cost money in a free-to-play game. It's far more applicable to Phoenix or heros than Founders in terms of "p2 advantage".

If I'm "making enemies" over suggesting that seldom-seen unique mechs have some small relevance in the future...well I think the problem lies with those people, not me.

It's just a poll to put an idea out there. A "no" option was provided, so feel free to use it.

#82 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 13 October 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

As far as I can tell your post is simply anti-anything that cost money in a free-to-play game. It's far more applicable to Phoenix or heros than Founders in terms of "p2 advantage".

then buy PP and stop being jealous of what it offers, asking for extra handouts and greedy to keep on top of those who choose to play the game as it was intended, a FTP title, just because you think your badge should entitle you to it. Even though you've enjoyed it's bonuses for a year now. that's what you payed for and nobody's taken any of the perks away from you. you want loyalty bonuses then pay for it like the rest of the people have to.

and i'll feel free to not vote and type in your thread. if you wish to report me for disagreeing with the whole ethos of this thread go right ahead.

nice to see some abilities around here still remain free.

#83 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Wow. You have some issues.

Have a cookie. It's free.

#84 Navy Sixes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

You didn't pay for a loyalty bonus. Why should you get one?

#85 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

You didn't pay for a loyalty bonus, so you shouldn't receive one. If you want a loyalty bonus, but the Phoenix Pack.

#86 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I wouldn't normaly vote yes for things like this, as we had our rewards, but the founder Atlas (and the others will eventually) lost status with hero mech coming along, and it would be nice to have this to set it aside from the boarshead, and other Atali, other than being blue though the new blue is alot better than the original work, (on cat and hunch), and twenty times easier to head shot than any other Atlas.

View Postgavilatius, on 12 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I think the best course of action is to give everyone who bought into both the Founders and Phoenix mechs the 15% bonus
along with any future packs.

Founders are still relevant while also bringing new players aboard

yes I agree, but use smaller font :D

#87 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm all for bringing them in line with the phoenix bonuses, I don't think they need more loyalty bonuses, though I wouldn't really object either.

I believe a dev did actually say they would look into that.

#88 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

lol just keep saying that and make more enemies with the free players who are stuck in lesser mechs for longer and longer cause they didn't front up money like you guys did.

MW:O Revolutionizing the gaming industry by giving "Content" the ability to talk.

If you haven't spent a dime, you're just content, not a player. Just something to shoot at, for those of us who have spent money on the game.

Oh, and Founders Envy much?

I've yet to experience a FTP title where the free players are so ungrateful towards those of us who aren't.

Edited by Roadbeer, 13 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#89 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 October 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

MW:O Revolutionizing the gaming industry by giving "Content" the ability to talk.

If you don't spend a dime, you're content, not a player. Just something for those of us who have/do/will pay to shoot at...

Why do you Founders think everyone is envious of you? That's just bizarre.

#90 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

You guys... Riddle me this:
If you give founder mechs a boost to loyalty points, most of them might not even buy unreleased (yet to come) mechs that get a loyalty boost. So why would PGI implement a boost to founder mechs? Where's the profit in that? Founders bought a package and they got what that package contained (early beta, premium time, MC, founder mechs e.d.).

It's common practice. Just like when I bought (preordered) the first Android telephone the G1. They stopped updating it after version 1.6 while other phones went beyond that. Hey I bought the founders Android phone, why don't I get a version that can use Whatsapp? It would have been nice, but it would have been an extra, not a privilege.

It would be a nice guesture if PGI gave the founders some love in this way, but the way some founders are taking part (acting privileged and using verbialdiarrea) in the forums overall makes me think it will never happen. Too bad, because some founders actually deserve something like a loyalty bonus for their support to MWO/PGI.

You'll get nothing and like it!

-edit- Also, I'm a paying customer.

Edited by RadioKies, 13 October 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#91 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostEscef, on 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Why is there such angst towards the Founders? that's even more bizarre

#92 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 October 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

If you haven't spent a dime, you're just content, not a player. Just something to shoot at, for those of us who have spent money on the game.

I've yet to experience a FTP title where the free players are so ungrateful towards those of us who aren't.

View PostEscef, on 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

More to the point, why do you think everyone who didn't lay down for Founders hasn't spent any money at all? Anyone who's got a decent selection of mechs has necessarily used MC to buy more mechbays, given the anaemic free number.

#93 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I have 19 mech bays, 4 free, 1 Sarah's, the rest were paid for with MC. I bought all of 1 mech with MC, not likely to do so again. I purchased the Phoenix Overlord package. I'm a paying customer. And I think the attitude problem exhibited by many Founders is deplorable. There are a few Founders (not many) that I would gladly turn to PGI and tell them I would match whatever they've spent on the game to have them IP banned. That's just how bad they are. And I'm not talking about how well they use their mechs (Founders are a coin flip on that one, some are really good, others really bad, almost no in between).

#94 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 13 October 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

More to the point, why do you think everyone who didn't lay down for Founders hasn't spent any money at all?

I don't, I couldn't care less if you've spent money or not, but the post I quoted referred to "Hate from the Free Players"... by definition, those who have never spent a dime on the game. So if you haven't spent a dime, and are angry that I have things that you don't, who's fault is that really?

I'll agree that there are many Founders who have an over-inflated sense of entitlement, but there are many more free players with a greater sense of entitlement, and they haven't contributed $1 to the game.

#95 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 October 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't, I couldn't care less if you've spent money or not, but the post I quoted referred to "Hate from the Free Players"... by definition, those who have never spent a dime on the game.

So, people have to spend money to criticize Founders? I'm not buying that one, either. Yes, there are people that feel entitled when it comes to getting free stuff. Whenever the artists at one of favored webcomics gets behind, I tell them to do what they have to, because I'm not going to scream at them to give me free stuff faster. That's jackassery. But Founders asking for more than they were promised for their purchase is also jackassery. PGI updating your paint schemes and geometry, as well as giving you extra bling if you purchase Phoenix is really nice on their part. They were under no obligation to do that. And here, in this thread, we have Founders whining about how they shouldn't have to purchase anything, just give them free stuff. Pure jackassery.

And I've seen Founders argue about how since they are Founders that they are game design savants or something, and should have the privilege to dictate to PGI what does and doesn't get done with the game. And who knows, maybe some of them are savants. But if they are it has nothing to do with being a Founder or not.

#96 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostEscef, on 13 October 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

So, people have to spend money to criticize Founders?

Yes

View PostEscef, on 13 October 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

And I've seen Founders argue about how since they are Founders that they are game design savants or something, and should have the privilege to dictate to PGI what does and doesn't get done with the game. And who knows, maybe some of them are savants. But if they are it has nothing to do with being a Founder or not.

Founders are entitled to nothing more than they've received. Anything else is just gravy. And yes, we get another bit of bling, equally awesome.

This poll doesn't demand or expect anything, it's just a "Hey, you know what would be nice?"
I've seen much more offensive / demanding polls than this from people who haven't spent $ .00000001 on the game, and for someone to talk about "hate from free players towards the founders" in it... well, who's irrational now?

#97 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 October 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

well, who's irrational now?

That would be you. You think criticizing Founders is some sort privilege that has to be purchased? I don't freakin' think so.

#98 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I agree founders arnt entitled anything.

However I do feel anyones whos bought both founders and phoenix should be entitled to something extra.

#99 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Wait, who is angry with founders for supporting a product they like? Are people jealous that we got stuff or something? ;)

#100 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostThanatos676, on 13 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Wait, who is angry with founders for supporting a product they like? Are people jealous that we got stuff or something? ;)

I don't think anyone is angry at Founders for supporting the game. I think that there are some Founders that are Special in the HeadTM that believe so all the same because there are plenty of folks who point out that Founders have no reason to deserve or expect anything beyond what they have already received.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users