Last Post Wins!

8194 replies to this topic

#5161 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

I have a ghost AC/20 in the left torso of FourGee . . . Does this count?

#5162 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

I have no idea

#5163 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

We can give gifts!

*and with that, Sizzles officially lost all hope*

#5164 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

*Meanwhile, StompingOnTanks is more hopeful than ever*

Only 5 million C-Bills to go for my Mad Cat Prime. B)

#5165 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

Vindicators, Quickdraw, and Highlanders.

Only chassis I have no variants for.

Of the three, Quickdraw are near the bottom of my list - due to heavies bein the most popular weight class.

Edit: BOY it feels weird to say that - does not feel that long ago that I barely had my CN9 and COM families and just them!

Edited by Shar Wolf, 24 November 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#5166 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

Yep. Yup. Yep. Mm hmmm.

#5167 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 November 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Of the three, Quickdraw are near the bottom of my list - due to heavies bein the most popular weight class.

You probably won't like it until you get a big XL. Once you get a big XL, you become a medium-slaying ninja timelord.

#5168 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hunchbacks still eat Quickdies.

Just activate Brawl.exe and facehug.

#5169 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

@ Stomping.

Already have several big engines, both STD and XL (thanks to my Dragons, Victors, the challenge, Banshee...)
Tis more the average size of the heavy que that pushes the QKD down the list. :P

#5170 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

@ Shar

Ah, I see.

@ Sizzles

Posted Image

Assuming I don't blow off your cannon torso with my nearly 60 point alpha and then eat you alive? 'Cuz that's how I do it. ;)

#5171 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

Both ammo in the torso?

Neither in the head?

#5172 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 November 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Both ammo in the torso?

Neither in the head?

I have a pet peeve for putting ammo in "unrealistic" locations unless it is absolutely necessary for the build to be competitive. (for ex. my Hunchback has all 4 tons of AC20 ammo in the legs because anywhere else it gets blown up too easy, with or without CASE.)

#5173 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

That would do it.
Spoiler

#5174 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 November 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

That would do it.
Spoiler

Where that to happen, I would likely use my reality scrambler to phase my ammunition out of this world and into the void between this one and the next where you can't crit it. Unless you have a similar device for your weapons, but even then, due to the infinite space of the void and the randomness of its existance, the chance of your weapon actually critting my ammo would be several hundred thousand trillion trillion trillion to one.

#5175 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 26 November 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

due to the infinite space of the void and the randomness of its existance

I can support this. A worm whole is called a whole because it is a circle on paper (2D) but in real life it is 3D because of the fact that a circle becomes a sphere when transferred into 3D space. Also it's how slip space works in Halo.

#5176 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

I thought worm wholes were actually called worm holes. Like literally a hole in space-time.

Speaking of which, I'm doing some preliminary work on writing a sci-fi universe but I have one big problem. I want my universe to be semi-realistic and I want my starship designs and space travel to obey the laws of physics and make some practical sense. But this leaves one gigantic problem I have yet to surmount.

How the @$!% am I going to make "realistic" faster-than-light travel possible in a universe where human empires are based on faster-than-light travel? No magitech like teleporting drives or an alternate universes or something like that. I'm trying to keep it based on real physics, which is what makes it hard.

What I have so far is naturally or artificially created super-gravity tunnels where spaceships can accelerate beyond the speed of light using normal thrust because space-time is accelerated around them, kind of like standing on a long treadmill and running along with it so you go faster than you normally could. But I don't know how they would be made or how the human race discovers them.

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 26 November 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#5177 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

I have no idea - that kinda science is a bit (read: a lot) beyond me

#5178 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 26 November 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

I thought worm wholes were actually called worm holes. Like literally a hole in space-time.

Speaking of which, I'm doing some preliminary work on writing a sci-fi universe but I have one big problem. I want my universe to be semi-realistic and I want my starship designs and space travel to obey the laws of physics and make some practical sense. But this leaves one gigantic problem I have yet to surmount.

How the @$!% am I going to make "realistic" faster-than-light travel possible in a universe where human empires are based on faster-than-light travel? No magitech like teleporting drives or an alternate universes or something like that. I'm trying to keep it based on real physics, which is what makes it hard.

What I have so far is naturally or artificially created super-gravity tunnels where spaceships can accelerate beyond the speed of light using normal thrust because space-time is accelerated around them, kind of like standing on a long treadmill and running along with it so you go faster than you normally could. But I don't know how they would be made or how the human race discovers them.

Can I make a suggestion? Maybe the technology is discovered on an alien world or maybe that it was given to the humans in a trade?
That might work as a coverup until you actually figure out how it actually works. I geuss it's kinda like Lostech in BT. The technology has been lost and now people are just finding out about it and they have no idea how it works but they can still operate it.

#5179 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostMech42Ace, on 26 November 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Can I make a suggestion? Maybe the technology is discovered on an alien world or maybe that it was given to the humans in a trade?
That might work as a coverup until you actually figure out how it actually works. I geuss it's kinda like Lostech in BT. The technology has been lost and now people are just finding out about it and they have no idea how it works but they can still operate it.

I was thinking something like that. Like, the human race on Earth are actually aliens (which would explain a lot, actually...) and we were once a powerful and feared empire before we destroyed ourselves in a massive interplanetary nuclear war, and Earth was made as one of a few different "last-ditch survival" planets for the human race in case everything else was wiped out (which it was - except maybe a few other survival planets with humans on it? That'd make for some interesting "first contact" possibilities). Some of the technology is discovered buried deep inside the Earth and we reverse-engineer it and space colonization starts.

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 November 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

I have no idea - that kinda science is a bit (read: a lot) beyond me

It's beyond me too, which is why I keep googling things and reading essays and science forum posts until my head wants to explode. But it's fun, so I keep doing it. :)

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 26 November 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#5180 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 26 November 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

I was thinking something like that. Like, the human race on Earth are actually aliens (which would explain a lot, actually...) and we were once a powerful and feared empire before we destroyed ourselves in a massive interplanetary nuclear war, and Earth was made as one of a few different "last-ditch survival" planets for the human race in case everything else was wiped out (which it was - except maybe a few other survival planets with humans on it? That'd make for some interesting "first contact" possibilities). Some of the technology is discovered buried deep inside the Earth and we reverse-engineer it and space colonization starts.

I like it man, I think you're on to something there. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users