Thanks, No, Really

84 replies to this topic

#21 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Thumbs up to OP. People have regularly forgotten every single good thing in MWO recently, due to the issues it's had. Part of it had to do with the 'oh ****, it's almost launch' thing, coupled with some harsh issues with the game as launch got closer. And, while those people are totally, 100% right to be pretty upset at the game, they all forgot one thing.

The game's still fun.

Even with the C-Bill issues, the 3PV almost-non-issue now, and the hitbox problems on some 'Mechs, the game's still just outright fun to play, the devs have put a good amount of effort into making the game fun, and, at the end of the day, if you want to blast Giant Stompy Robots with other Giant Stompy Robots, this is still the go-to game.

So, even if I think the game's not done, and I don't think it should be launched, I am going to stomp my giant robots around and shoot lots of people and it'll still be a good time.

Waiting for patch now, and I'm gonna be right back down there when it does.

#22 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thank YOU for posting something positive. I, for one, am looking forward to shooting all of you in my big, stompy robot. Unless you're on my team.

And you don't run in front of me while I'm trying to shoot enemy stompy robots.

...just saying.

#23 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thank you for putting an end to the angst.

Now rest easy, heroes.

#24 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

I barely played in closed beta, but got back and started playing last christmas. I've played ever since. Love this game to bits. Even with all of the issues it has had.

#25 Pirate2Ninja

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

YAR!

Everything has it's ups and downs, but when the smoke clears and the metal cools this game kicks mech butt. Thanx Pgi for making this game and for putting up with us. Bring on launch, bring on CW and keelhaul the whiners!

#26 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostPendraco, on 17 September 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

AC 20 of Approval

Posted Image

I don't care about anything else anymore, this pic is my new favorite internet find!

(Oh, ok, yeah, I have loads of fun playing this game, I hope it lives long and prospers.)

#27 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostEric Portenelli, on 17 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hey guys, thanks. Good to know you've got my back.

Also, love the Hunchie pick, that just made my day :rolleyes:

I am glad you liked the Hunchie! I made him over a year ago and have only posted him a few times, and only in the threads I found most deserving. I found your post refreshing and well written....most definitely deserving of the AC20 of approval.

Cheers to launch! Hope to see you on the battlefield and may I never have to post the Hunchie's evil twin (LRM's of disapproval)

#28 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostEcliptor, on 17 September 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

as are your parents when they told you the easter bunny was gunna bring you treats and then you found out he wasn't real? santa? batman? Franking Liars!

From age of 5 didn't believed all this tales. :rolleyes:

View PostEcliptor, on 17 September 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

grow up dude,

All my life this worlds I hear only from people who are kids by themselves (and I don't mean person's age). :(

#29 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

PGI, It has been a long road. It's been made to feel even longer due to the open nature of your development process. I signed up in November 2011, and I bought a founder pack as soon as you let me throw money at your faces. I've seen every step along the way, even some of the missteps. I feel like I've been a part of this whole process.

It feels like I've been so involved, that early on, I even cried about stuff that didn't go my way. Canon unit names, anyone? I had to realize that you're not developing the game at my whims, you're developing a game that will last, and will appeal to a greater audience. An audience that will be the new generation of Mechwarrior enthusiasts. Sometimes, that means I'm not gonna get exactly what I want. I get that. I accept it, and I plan to adapt to it. Ultimately, I've still been given the best iteration of multiplayer Mechwarrior ever created, and you crazy fools aren't even done with us yet! This means things will only continue to get better.

View PostWarge, on 17 September 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Licked devs well.

As long as there is no 1PV-only PGI for me just bunch of liers.

View PostRG Notch, on 17 September 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Enjoy it, I don't imagine reviewers will be so "understanding" so lap up the low standard, thanks for trying feedback. I personally don't thank people for doing their job, Unless they do it very well. Thus I won't be thanking PGI for "trying". A wise jedi master once said there is no try, only do or do not.

I think your parents probably once said, if you don't have anything nice to say, *go away!(*disney edit) This thread isn't for you to come in and spread your full diapers all over the floor. If you wanna be clever, open a new thread and cry about it in there. We're tryin' to say something nice over here.

Edited by Tyr Gunn, 17 September 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#30 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 17 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I think

Congrats! Was it first time in your life? Second one?

View PostTyr Gunn, on 17 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

We're tryin' to say something nice over here.

Same as commy to Stalin. :rolleyes:

Edited by Warge, 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#31 Xander185

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yep, game is great fun even with it's issues but then I have never played an mmo/fps that did not. I log in each night and blast things with my Yen-Lo I have nicknamed the Kocknocker and have fun. What it is about. Too much real stuff to get worked up over. More rock'em sock'em fun.

#32 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 17 September 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

As long as I stay within the CoC, I can post where and what I like. My parents taught me exactly what I said, not to thank people for doing what they are supposed to do. I guess your parents taught you to have low standards. Why should people who haven't hit deadlines or been able to get out promised content anywhere near on time be thanked? Are they doing this on the side? Are they modders who are just working on this for fun? They have jobs to do and if they don't do them well I'm not here to thank them for at least showing up to work and collecting a paycheck.
If they start hitting deadlines, communicating and properly managing the community I will thank them for improving and doing what they are supposed to do well. Until then I will hold them to the same standards I hold myself to.
Feel free to encourage mediocrity by "thanking" them for doing what is expected of them.

Still trolling regardless of what you claim

#33 Direwolfe72X

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSpanaway,WA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Totally agree. I have no doubt with more time, the devs will produce the game WE ALL want. Until then I still luv playing the game, and can't wait until I get my SABER Battlemaster in January, like a belated Christmas present!

Edited by Shaedow, 17 September 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#34 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Cry more OP!

things will... wait... something positive, and not short sighted irrationally hateful and selfish?

NOT ON MY FORUMS

:rolleyes:

but in all seriousness, +1
:(

#35 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Along with everyone else voicing their (deluded) positive comments.

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 17 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#36 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

As long as I stay within the CoC, I can post where and what I like. My parents taught me exactly what I said, not to thank people for doing what they are supposed to do. I guess your parents taught you to have low standards. Why should people who haven't hit deadlines or been able to get out promised content anywhere near on time be thanked? Are they doing this on the side? Are they modders who are just working on this for fun? They have jobs to do and if they don't do them well I'm not here to thank them for at least showing up to work and collecting a paycheck.
If they start hitting deadlines, communicating and properly managing the community I will thank them for improving and doing what they are supposed to do well. Until then I will hold them to the same standards I hold myself to.
Feel free to encourage mediocrity by "thanking" them for doing what is expected of them.

So you're one of those people that don't thank a server when they refill your water or bring you your food. I gotcha. I suppose a tip is out of the question entirely too. That's pretty crappy, dude.

Out of curiosity, would you thank a police officer that prevented a crime from being perpetrated on you? From what you're saying, absolutely not! Firefighter saving your home? Nothin'?

I guess I'm happy my parents taught me basic decency and to be accepting and grateful to others even when they may not meet my "standards".

Y'know what though, I'm not gonna blame your parents. I'm sure they did their job. Be sure not to thank them for anything, ok?

Edited by Tyr Gunn, 17 September 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#37 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostDeadlyNerd, on 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Along with everyone else voicing their (deluded) positive comments.

And queue pointless meme generator. Way to show "creativity".

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 17 September 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#38 Oppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

I stopped playing around December, looked back into MWO in June and didn't like it at all due to the PPC/Gauss meta. Some days ago I gave it another try, and I like it a lot better now that close combat brawling is possible again. I actually think weapon balance in MWO hasn't been better since I joined in closed beta. So yeah, maybe the game doesn't progress as fast as I'd like it to (still wanting CW asap), but it does progress and it does improve (at least in my opinion).

So, congrats PGI, here is at least one founder you had lost and have now won back as a player.

Edited by Oppi, 17 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#39 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 17 September 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

So you're one of those people that don't thank a server when they refill your water or bring you your food. I gotcha. I suppose a tip is out of the question entirely too. That's pretty crappy, dude.

Out of curiosity, would you thank a police officer that prevented a crime from being perpetrated on you? From what you're saying, absolutely not! Firefighter saving your home? Nothin'?

I guess I'm happy my parents taught me basic decency and to be accepting and grateful to others even when they may not meet my "standards".

Y'know what though, I'm not gonna blame your parents. I'm sure they did their job. Be sure not to thank them for anything, ok?

Funny I thank people who do their job well all the time, those who try and continually fail and think apologizing makes it all better, not so much. I'm glad you are proud of your low standards. You're among a growing majority of people so be proud.
If you think PGI's slow and uneven work deserves thanks, then by all means trumpet to the heavens how you appreciate their trying. I appreciate people doing. Did the server fill my water or say they would and keep forgetting and apologizing? If you think police and fire fighting work is on par with making a video game I can understand why you are puzzled by my stand.
Like I said I go out of my way to thank people who go out of their way to do their job right, not people who merely try. So keep on rewarding people for trying, I will continue to reward people for doing.

#40 MrJJ

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

I do agree. I would be more understanding to their plight if it wasnt for the fact they are not doing this on the side but as an actual job. If they were devloping this as a AAA in the box game I am sure financial trouble would of barked up the tree by now. Only reason they have not hit deadlines is they can just fall back to the core game they already have us playing and toss a few bones in and contenue on with their mismanaged timeframe. There is some promise, but I refuse to toss any more money in till I see some real progress from closed beta other than 1x game mode and a handful of maps & mechs. A mech a month is barely added content and does not count as gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users