561 replies to this topic

#541 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 19 September 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Then your sarcasm is pathetic. You said the same thing 3 times. Are you that much running out of arguments that just have to repeat your sarcastic comments over and over.

Don't get mad because you didn't get it and got all huffy. :D

#542 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 19 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Don't get mad because you didn't get it and got all huffy. :D

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Poe%27s_law

#543 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 19 September 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Why would they lie? They have nothing to gain by it. ...

By the same token, why would people lie outright and rate a game that they still play and "love" a zero on metacritic just to spite the developers? They too have nothing to gain and in this case everything to lose.

Logical conclusion: People everywhere do stupid things that other people are not meant to understand.... :(

Not to take sides (which is kind of impossible anyway becasue one of you 2 is obviously joking and the other one isn`t realizing it), but simply to call into memory that humans have always been notoriously stupid and incapable of clear thought when even the slightest amount of emotion is present ;)

Edited by Zerberus, 19 September 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#544 Solvent

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBottom left on the map

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

First and last (probably, I'll troll ingame instead) post.

MWO is fun. I've read a lot of reviews. They really annoy the hell out of me. So much so I went and posted a Metacritic review.

Blame is lame, this is a great game. The coolant flush is not what I hear people have made it out to be. This is not pay to win.
Pop poptarts in the face, and shadup. Alpha builds are lame, even with my 6 medium laser Jenner-eff, alpha strike has always sucked. It's a last resort, kinda like shutdown override.

3000+ matches, and I think about 80 bucks in, and I will still support this game. If I wanted to have a game that I was in charge of, I'd have broke out my old table top maps, and borrowed some miniatures.

Good looking out guys. I kinda like that the Devs are trolling spergs. At least this is how it seems.

Terra Therma is my favorite map BTW. I'm so sad you're mad. You can't oneshot my spider.

Looking forward to the next time I get to run down Garth in a pubbie match.

"BL NF" "Die in a fire" "Your mom" "Sperg about me in the forums"

#545 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostSolvent, on 19 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

First and last (probably, I'll troll ingame instead) post.

MWO is fun. I've read a lot of reviews. They really annoy the hell out of me. So much so I went and posted a Metacritic review.

Blame is lame, this is a great game. The coolant flush is not what I hear people have made it out to be. This is not pay to win.
Pop poptarts in the face, and shadup. Alpha builds are lame, even with my 6 medium laser Jenner-eff, alpha strike has always sucked. It's a last resort, kinda like shutdown override.

3000+ matches, and I think about 80 bucks in, and I will still support this game. If I wanted to have a game that I was in charge of, I'd have broke out my old table top maps, and borrowed some miniatures.

Good looking out guys. I kinda like that the Devs are trolling spergs. At least this is how it seems.

Terra Therma is my favorite map BTW. I'm so sad you're mad. You can't oneshot my spider.

Looking forward to the next time I get to run down Garth in a pubbie match.

"BL NF" "Die in a fire" "Your mom" "Sperg about me in the forums"

A lot of people I was playing with in game are saying the same thing about the Metacritic floods (even the ones that don't agree with PGI on some things believe that the entire site has gone to K-town so to speak). Hell this whole ordeal of hating the company reminds me of the Battlefield V COD that happens on a regular basis.

It also seems that the ranters, or whatever you call them now, want the game to fail....wonder if they realize that if that happens, there won't be another Mechwarrior game for another ten to fifteen years. Why that assumption you ask, could be because this I.P. is considered too troublesome and risky to do by a good deal of developers and publishers nowadays, is also filled with diehards that want it to be THEIR game, and lets not forget our old scumbag of a friend Harmony Gold hiding under their weathered bridge down yonder (probably the bigger issue).

-TL-DR edition: If you hate the game it's your bloody prerogative to leave, it doesn't mean you have to spread your vitriol around like an STD.

#546 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 19 September 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

A lot of people I was playing with in game are saying the same thing about the Metacritic floods (even the ones that don't agree with PGI on some things believe that the entire site has gone to K-town so to speak). Hell this whole ordeal of hating the company reminds me of the Battlefield V COD that happens on a regular basis.

It also seems that the ranters, or whatever you call them now, want the game to fail....wonder if they realize that if that happens, there won't be another Mechwarrior game for another ten to fifteen years. Why that assumption you ask, could be because this I.P. is considered too troublesome and risky to do by a good deal of developers and publishers nowadays, is also filled with diehards that want it to be THEIR game, and lets not forget our old scumbag of a friend Harmony Gold hiding under their weathered bridge down yonder (probably the bigger issue).

-TL-DR edition: If you hate the game it's your bloody prerogative to leave, it doesn't mean you have to spread your vitriol around like an STD.

I think many of those that want the game to fail wish it didn't come to that. PGI themselves spat on them pretty often, ignoring deadlines, feedback, and various other things that reduced the activity of their clans and/or friends.

Although I'd wish they wouldn't go on such a vitriol, there are arguably too many things involved with PGI management that feeds their fires. People don't like how PGI is effectively squandered various opportunities to provide the support they need, and I guess it's fair to say at times "what goes around come around". It happens just as much in other businesses, not limited to an online mech stomping game. If you find ways to annoy people to no end repeatedly, there are consequences to those actions.

Edited by Deathlike, 19 September 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#547 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostZerberus, on 19 September 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

By the same token, why would people lie outright and rate a game that they still play and "love" a zero on metacritic just to spite the developers? They too have nothing to gain and in this case everything to lose.

Logical conclusion: People everywhere do stupid things that other people are not meant to understand.... :)

Not to take sides (which is kind of impossible anyway becasue one of you 2 is obviously joking and the other one isn`t realizing it), but simply to call into memory that humans have always been notoriously stupid and incapable of clear thought when even the slightest amount of emotion is present :blink:

Not really the same thing since maybe by giving zeros they hope PGI will see the damage their 'communication' is doing and change. How about that. Also if you are going to be passive aggressive and condescending you can just go **** off.

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 19 September 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#548 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 19 September 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Not really the same thing since maybe by giving zeros they hope PGI will see the damage their 'communication' is doing and change. How about that. Also if you are going to be passive aggressive and condescending you can just go **** off.

More likely they'll just see them as bad eggs that are beyond repair. Not to say they shouldn't reflect on the past to improve going forwards, but its clear some people aren't going to be pleased no matter what they do to improve themselves.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#549 Axefan

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 19 September 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Also if you are going to be passive aggressive and condescending you can just go **** off.

If that is not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

It's just sad that a few zealots are trying to ruin a game that I've waited so long for. Also, I'm done reading these forums for awhile since they are just full of such negativity. Peace out.

#550 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostAxefan, on 20 September 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

If that is not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

It's just sad that a few zealots are trying to ruin a game that I've waited so long for. Also, I'm done reading these forums for awhile since they are just full of such negativity. Peace out.

Please point out my passive aggressiveness. I'm not lining my posts with condescending smilies.

Nice how anyone who doesn't think that this game is good is a "zealots are trying to ruin a game that I've waited so long for"

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

More likely they'll just see them as bad eggs that are beyond repair. Not to say they shouldn't reflect on the past to improve going forwards, but its clear some people aren't going to be pleased no matter what they do to improve themselves.

As always and everywhere, but I have yet to see any improvement.

#551 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

I haven't kept up with MWLL that much so I might be missing something, but how exactly would PGI have gotten the MWLL team to keep quiet if there was a conspiracy? I might not be familiar with the details of this particual case but I do understand NDAs, gag orders and other similar things.

Although its certainly possible that PGI/IGP sent MWLL a cease and desist letter and threatened them into shutting down but they can't get them to keep quiet about it. The only way that could have happened is if PGI offered them something in return for them signing a confidentiality agreement (you have to voluntarily sign a confidentiality agreement for it not to be nullified by the courts).

But I haven't heard anyone say that the MWLL people got anything from PGI that might explain why they haven't created a bunch of posts about how PGI is a big bully. If this team suddenly started working for PGI I might start to believe it.

Call me naive if you want, but Russ's original post about how the two groups simply came to an agreement as adults rings more true. Its possible that they offered them money to shut it down or something similar, but I really just don't think its likely. Of course I'm not much of a fan of conspiracy theories anyways.

#552 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 September 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

It's not just Patch Day, it's LAUNCH DAY! Congratulations everyone, we made it! As usual the servers will be coming down at 10:00am PDT, and I will let you know when they are back up. Below are the patchnotes for you to peruse at your leisure.

Woo, LAUNCH DAY!
PATCHNOTES:
3, 2, 1, Launch!
Wow It’s been a year since open beta and how time has flown! It has been a fun experience sharing this journey so far but we’re not done, in fact, the opposite is true!
There is plenty of work still on our plate and we are not going to stop till every feature is in your hands. With that said here are some of this patch’s highlights!
  • The Orion is available for C-bills and has all of its patterns available to customize this amazing mech.
  • There is a new Applejack Custom Pattern you can equip on you ‘Mechs with some nice new Custom Colors as well.
  • All the Trials are Champions! Give them a try if you missed them the first time around! You have to buy them to get the XP boost though.
  • 3rd person is disabled in the 12 players pre-made group matches you lucky competitive Warriors.
  • Non 12 player Matchmaking is tightening its search parameters for Weight and ELO.
  • Weapon tuning and Bug fixes round out this patch.
Oh yeah and the Credits are up on the Website now with a link from the front end! Legendary Founders included!

See you on the battlefield, MechWarrior’s
Matt Newman

Content
  • Users can purchase skins for the Orion 'Mechs.
  • Orion 'Mechs can be purchased with CBills.
  • New Premium Skin Apple Jack is available for purchase.
  • New Trial 'Mechs
    • Jenner JR7-F©
    • Centurion CN9-A©
    • Dragon DRG-5N©
    • Atlas AS7-RS©
Gameplay
  • 12 players pre-made group launch is 1st Person View only.
  • Match making ELO and Weight Class thresholds narrowed down. NB: These changes will not affect 12 player groups.
    • The longer a match took to kick off, the broader the range the MM uses in terms of matching ELO and weight class.
    • This reduction means that the MM will no longer search as broad a spectrum over time (still increases but in a narrower range). It will be much more refined in terms of how much variance will be given in matching players and 'Mechs.
  • Match making timeout increased to 3 minutes.
    • This allows the MM more time to find players before terminating its search.
Weapons
  • AC/2
    • Heat scale multiplier reduced from 1.0 to 0.6.
  • UAC/5
    • CD changed to 1.5 (same as AC/5).
    • Jam rate increased to 20% (up from 15% but still down from 25%).
  • Flamer
    • Range increased to 90m (up from 64m).
    • Heat impulse balance so target takes more heat than player (heat generated on target increased and self generation decreased).
Front End
  • Added a credits button to the login screen.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where users are experiencing severe heat from the center volcano area in Terra Therma.
  • Fixed an issue where the lava in Terra Therma is causing unintentional damage to Mechs.
  • Fixed a number of stuck bugs in Forest Colony, Frozen City, and Terra Therma.
  • Fixed an issue where the 3rd Person drone appears to have weapon collision to the user firing.
  • Fixed an issue where the spectator will remain in 1st person view when spectating a 'Mech in 3rd person view.
  • 3rd Person drone will no longer spawn in Testing Grounds for the dummy 'Mechs.
  • UAV should no longer interfere with the 3rd Person camera by snapping camera back and forth when launching an UAV.
  • Fixed an issue where PPC is still colored yellow when aiming at a 'Mech below 90m.
  • Gauss Rifle will no longer charge when out of ammo.
  • Fixed key hold repeat issue for Backspace in chat windows.
  • Fixed chat messages being cut off in chat windows. Fixed the Hunchback Founder 'Mech colour.
  • Fixed an issue where users could not colour all three channels on the Hunchback Founder 'Mech.
  • Fixed an issue where shooting a specific point on the destroyed actuator of a Blackjack's side torso will damage the opposite side torso.
  • Fixed an issue where certain users were seeing blue tree sprites in the Forest Colony maps.
  • Fixed an issue where shadows would flicker depending on the angle of the camera.
We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
-The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

and the Mech stats for all the Orions can be found.... where? (aka twist rate and degree, etc)

#553 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

and the Mech stats for all the Orions can be found.... where? (aka twist rate and degree, etc)

I got to smurfy's.... because even PGI gets their patch notes wrong (see Hunchback "buffs" in a previous patch).

#554 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 September 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

I got to smurfy's.... because even PGI gets their patch notes wrong (see Hunchback "buffs" in a previous patch).

thanks.

Glad they go lazy with the stats and just cloned the Cataphract.

#555 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

thanks.

Glad they go lazy with the stats and just cloned the Cataphract.

The phract is still better than the Orion... (well, at least the 3D is, ironically).

#556 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 September 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

The phract is still better than the Orion... (well, at least the 3D is, ironically).

Sure. As is the Jagermech. Not having a CT that could be cored across the map by a blind monkey pretty much guarantees that.

#557 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I was thinking about something to be angry about but I'm still having fun with my mates
though could you look into fixing HSR so it worked like it did for lasers when HSR was first released for lasers for high ping players, bit more variety would be good 2
Cheers

#558 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I have a lot of success with the Orion. The problem is when people try to run it like a 'Phract. It's a pocket Atlas D-DC with no ECM. You put a standard 300 engine in it, an AC20 and SRMs/LLs/MLs to match based on the variant. With speed tweak it runs a bit over 70, relatively cool and with a decent eye you can put 50+ points in the torso of your choice within 300m every 3.5-4 seconds. Because of how the hardpoints are spread out you can lose either torso and still carry a solid punch with the other. The arms are low-slung enough that they cover your crotch when you swing and despite a larger CT when facing someone it spreads damage VERY well when swinging - the CT is pretty flat while the cannon barrel and missile pod protrude when swinging. I'm more likely to lose a side torso than CT. It pivots quickly and has a wide up/down arc for the AC20, I rarely have issues bringing firepower to the point I want.

The Orion was, historically, the 'first Atlas'. It harkens from a day when 75 tons was the biggest mech and it WAS the assault. It shines in that role and is an exceptional face-humper. I actually find it one of the best designs I've played in. If you can lay the smack down in an Atlas the Orion is going to be like that just with no ECM, a tiny bit less firepower but a lot more maneuverability.

#559 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 17 September 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

You might be mis-interpreting the update.

I think what they mean is that you will now spectate in whatever view mode the person you are spectating is in?

Clarification?

Yeah, after I posted that, I was trying to think of a further explanation. That is what I came up with as well. I mean, it is not like it gives you an advantage since they see what you see. At least it is not where you can spectate in 3pv and 1pv whenever you want...now that....oh god...I think the forums would explode.

#560 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Always cool to get a new map!
;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users