Posted Image

#162 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

We have launch!!! Congratulations to the whole development team, Piranha Games, and IGP!!!. Thanks for all your hard work on a very good game!!!

I've enjoyed the game since closed Beta and look forward to the many new features and capabilities coming in the future.

This game is fun and I've been having a blast!!!

Knight4Him

#163 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I am the opposite of overwhelmed. Not whelmed. Underwhelmed. I am underwhelmed.

I would like you to know that I am going to play less than 24 games and forgo this cockpit item as a way of saying, "I'm not happy about your launch." I know you guys track the stats for these things, so I hope that others will join me in this. I suspect that it's the only feedback you'll notice.

I'd give more specific feedback, but I seriously don't think you'll listen to it.

I'm sure I will still like playing the game, but my breaks are getting longer and longer in between playing. I'm afraid that if some real metagame content isn't added to this "launched" game soon, that I may just lose interest all together.

#164 Ricktor Black

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostDr B00t, on 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

i assume to those going to the launch funeral, that wearing black is expected?

You guys are friggin' hilarious for the exact opposite reasons you are trying for.

#165 RoboticRooster

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts

A year ago my excitement for this game could possibly have caused distruptions in the space time continuum. I threw money at it like a neurohelmet wearing crack fiend needing his next giant robot fix. Now, on launch day, what do we have?
  • New mechs and maps!
  • Same game modes, which are both pretty much the same mode.
  • ECM introduced OP as hell, then nerfed to the point that it barely does anything.
  • 6 months of sniper meta "fixed" by a garbage ghost heat system that should be tried for homicide for what it did to the awesome/AC2's/etc.
  • Complete lack of major features that were supposed to be in the game 9 months ago, and inclusion of systems we were told were never going to be in the game.
  • Role warefare, supposedly a design pillar, is nonexistent.
  • Fixed key hold repeat issue for Backspace in chat windows!!!!!!!!!!!

So here we are, launch day for a game I was once rabidly excited about, and I don't think I'm even going to bother.

#166 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

I just want to join in the many festivities and celebrations for this fantastic launch. I have to admit, I was skeptical about launch. I thought it might be way too soon, or that the game was missing crucial features. Or that gameplay was still a broken mess with terrible and poorly balanced mechanics. Or that none of the polish was there. Or that unwanted features w\had been crammed into the game. I had concerns that the game would get panned with bad reviews, or worse get totally ignored.

But all I can say is this: 'boy was I wrong!' This mightb be the single greatest and most successful launch in the history of all video gaming. This blows away Half Life 2 and Grand Theft Auto combined, because no game will ever have a launch as celebrated or amazing as this crowning jewel in the already majestic PGI crown. Nearly every single gaming website is talking about Mechwarrior today, completely overshadowing every other game being released this quarter! PGI managed to use all of the popularirty for their company to turn around an old IP that no one cared about into a fantastic new and updated game. I was worried it would all just be World of Tanks with robots, but that's simply not true. Simply a perfect launch.

Starting with the gameplay: I can't beleive how much it has imrpoved. This truly is "the thinking man's shooter." With the amazing choice of not one but two different deathmatch modes, the depth of strategy and tactics goes way, way, way beyond simply "kill the enemy mechs," or "simply running to a point." It's not simply clustering together and rolling forward as a ball, but rather careful strategic objective based gameplay with all sorts of side missions and consequences.

And the recent gameplay changes have only added to the fun. I love how the C-Bill earning have gone from sort of fair to totally nightmarish grind - the perfect way to draw in more new playing into a niche Free2Play title. Ghost heat has done nothing to limit build choices, and has made already fantastic mechs like the stock Awesome 8Q into real masters of the battlefield. 3PV is a worthwhile and meanginful addition to the game - a fantastic use of your time and resources, because it has obviously been a huge help for new players, and experienced players have too much honour to use 3PV to peek around corners or over hills.

You know, I had high expectations coming to this game, but PGI has again blew me away. I remember thinking about convoy missions, or attacking dropships, and a complex map for community warfare that involved strategic choices, alliances, and in game resolutions. Well thankfully PGI delivered way way more than that. The two varieties of randomized 12v12 deathmatch with no lobby is perfect for organizing communtiy events, and knowing that community warfare will mean even more randomized 12v12 deathmatch for years to come. Looking forward to it.

Also, I'm looking to all the fantastic new grab deals for U.I. 2.0 in the future. I can't wait PGI. May your success be as large as your vision.

Posted Image

#167 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

At least we know there will be 2 more maps coming.

But still no information on more game modes. Hopefully Christmas will be the big day when many things come together?

What would help is giving an idea of the benefits/disadvantages of being part of each different faction, among other things. Effectively a roadmap telling how much is completed would be nice.

#168 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

View PostKhanHeir, on 17 September 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Quoting for pure Awesomeness!!

#169 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

*sheds a single tear and walks away from computer*

Edited by Team Leader, 17 September 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#170 SuperBroHeroFella

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

I dont regret giving you money, but hell, after watching this mess I just hope that you learn from this and give your supporters some affection. This sure is a launch, but non that will be pleasently remembered.

#171 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

WTF is a "Semi-Monthly Patch"

so you aren't even patching every month now?

#172 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostZonbiBadger, on 17 September 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

In the No Guts No Galaxy podcast trilogy, they said October or November.

They did not say what year.... :P

#173 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

View PostSilent Hunter, on 17 September 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I do every time I log in and see there's a patch. Oh yeah I see my problem now... I play the game first and then come to the forums! Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I should be here telling a games company how to run themselves instead of playing the game. D'oh!

since the game is down for maintenance...i would say you are not playing the game correctly
i will admit your way sounds about as fun

#174 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

View PostWales Grey, on 17 September 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

I wish they'd tell us these things through "official" channels, rather than squirrel them away in podcasts with their pet interviewers.

Saying it's their "pet interviewers" makes NGNG out to be the bad guys. I mean, NGNG is getting paid to do those chats and videos. That's pretty legitimate. Would you expect paid programming to ask hard questions or not act excited? Don't be ridiculous.

#175 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostMindwiper, on 17 September 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Best thing is: No "THIS IS A BETA!" whiteknights anymore!

Pretty sure giving them the benefit of the doubt was not "whiteknight"ing.

Well PGI, Beta is over, time to get your game face on, you'll now have a lot less people giving you the benefit of the doubt from here on out. Good luck, and do your best, and please aim for no more disapointments!

I have a feeling that after this "Launch" you won't be able to afford another major disapointment.

Not that we didn't all already know that today would be nothing truly special, it still is kind of disapointing.

#176 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostDamocles, on 17 September 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

WTF is a "Semi-Monthly Patch"

so you aren't even patching every month now?

Semi-annual means twice a year. Semi-monthly, I extrapolate, means twice a month.

#177 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 17 September 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Semi-annual means twice a year. Semi-monthly, I extrapolate, means twice a month.

Ah ok, i was trying to read bi-monthly and not seeing that made me poop a little.

#178 Arcaist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

As much as I enjoy the game...those patchnotes for LAUNCH are kinda...disappointing...

#179 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostProtection, on 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

I just want to join in the many festivities and celebrations for this fantastic launch. I have to admit, I was skeptical about launch. I thought it might be way too soon, or that the game was missing crucial features. Or that gameplay was still a broken mess with terrible and poorly balanced mechanics. Or that none of the polish was there. Or that unwanted features w\had been crammed into the game. I had concerns that the game would get panned with bad reviews, or worse get totally ignored.

But all I can say is this: 'boy was I wrong!' This mightb be the single greatest and most successful launch in the history of all video gaming. This blows away Half Life 2 and Grand Theft Auto combined, because no game will ever have a launch as celebrated or amazing as this crowning jewel in the already majestic PGI crown. Nearly every single gaming website is talking about Mechwarrior today, completely overshadowing every other game being released this quarter! PGI managed to use all of the popularirty for their company to turn around an old IP that no one cared about into a fantastic new and updated game. I was worried it would all just be World of Tanks with robots, but that's simply not true. Simply a perfect launch.

Starting with the gameplay: I can't beleive how much it has imrpoved. This truly is "the thinking man's shooter." With the amazing choice of not one but two different deathmatch modes, the depth of strategy and tactics goes way, way, way beyond simply "kill the enemy mechs," or "simply running to a point." It's not simply clustering together and rolling forward as a ball, but rather careful strategic objective based gameplay with all sorts of side missions and consequences.

And the recent gameplay changes have only added to the fun. I love how the C-Bill earning have gone from sort of fair to totally nightmarish grind - the perfect way to draw in more new playing into a niche Free2Play title. Ghost heat has done nothing to limit build choices, and has made already fantastic mechs like the stock Awesome 8Q into real masters of the battlefield. 3PV is a worthwhile and meanginful addition to the game - a fantastic use of your time and resources, because it has obviously been a huge help for new players, and experienced players have too much honour to use 3PV to peek around corners or over hills.

You know, I had high expectations coming to this game, but PGI has again blew me away. I remember thinking about convoy missions, or attacking dropships, and a complex map for community warfare that involved strategic choices, alliances, and in game resolutions. Well thankfully PGI delivered way way more than that. The two varieties of randomized 12v12 deathmatch with no lobby is perfect for organizing communtiy events, and knowing that community warfare will mean even more randomized 12v12 deathmatch for years to come. Looking forward to it.

Also, I'm looking to all the fantastic new grab deals for U.I. 2.0 in the future. I can't wait PGI. May your success be as large as your vision.

Posted Image

You blew up my sarcasm meter

#180 Seven Strikes

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I guess I'll be toying with Hawken until more features are put into MWO.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users