Welcome To Launch, Mechwarriors!

2555 replies to this topic

#181 Daganfall

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationDeep space

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Congratulations on reaching your launch milestones. Having experience with launching online games, I appreciate the work, blood, sweat and tears that has gone into getting to this point.

However, as a player of this game, I must agree with some of replies within this thread: a launch day with no real changes or new features to excite isn't much of a launch day from our point of view.

Edited by Daganfall, 17 September 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#182 Xyseven

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostFlcn, on 17 September 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Not a launch,
sorry pgi igp whatever you dont deserve it to praise yourself for this "launch"
Really come on the best you can come up with is play 24 games and get a hanging item??
WTF!

View PostProtection, on 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

I just want to join in the many festivities and celebrations for this fantastic launch. I have to admit, I was skeptical about launch. I thought it might be way too soon, or that the game was missing crucial features. Or that gameplay was still a broken mess with terrible and poorly balanced mechanics. Or that none of the polish was there. Or that unwanted features w\had been crammed into the game. I had concerns that the game would get panned with bad reviews, or worse get totally ignored.

But all I can say is this: 'boy was I wrong!' This mightb be the single greatest and most successful launch in the history of all video gaming. This blows away Half Life 2 and Grand Theft Auto combined, because no game will ever have a launch as celebrated or amazing as this crowning jewel in the already majestic PGI crown. Nearly every single gaming website is talking about Mechwarrior today, completely overshadowing every other game being released this quarter! PGI managed to use all of the popularirty for their company to turn around an old IP that no one cared about into a fantastic new and updated game. I was worried it would all just be World of Tanks with robots, but that's simply not true. Simply a perfect launch.

Starting with the gameplay: I can't beleive how much it has imrpoved. This truly is "the thinking man's shooter." With the amazing choice of not one but two different deathmatch modes, the depth of strategy and tactics goes way, way, way beyond simply "kill the enemy mechs," or "simply running to a point." It's not simply clustering together and rolling forward as a ball, but rather careful strategic objective based gameplay with all sorts of side missions and consequences.

And the recent gameplay changes have only added to the fun. I love how the C-Bill earning have gone from sort of fair to totally nightmarish grind - the perfect way to draw in more new playing into a niche Free2Play title. Ghost heat has done nothing to limit build choices, and has made already fantastic mechs like the stock Awesome 8Q into real masters of the battlefield. 3PV is a worthwhile and meanginful addition to the game - a fantastic use of your time and resources, because it has obviously been a huge help for new players, and experienced players have too much honour to use 3PV to peek around corners or over hills.

You know, I had high expectations coming to this game, but PGI has again blew me away. I remember thinking about convoy missions, or attacking dropships, and a complex map for community warfare that involved strategic choices, alliances, and in game resolutions. Well thankfully PGI delivered way way more than that. The two varieties of randomized 12v12 deathmatch with no lobby is perfect for organizing communtiy events, and knowing that community warfare will mean even more randomized 12v12 deathmatch for years to come. Looking forward to it.

Also, I'm looking to all the fantastic new grab deals for U.I. 2.0 in the future. I can't wait PGI. May your success be as large as your vision.

Posted Image

I enjoy this game truly, but I too was expecting more!

#183 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Please don't tell me there are only going to be two game modes... because that would be just sad for a launch..

#184 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

231.86MB?

#185 King Curt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts

Now I shall retake ... my ... KINGDOM!

Hail Curtopia!

#186 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

just waiting to:

1. download patch
2. play a couple games
3. go through the stages of grief
4. get refund on my founder's

#187 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Can't wait to see how MWO blows away GTA5, just look at those patchnotes. It's gonna be a unparalleled success the game industry hasn't seen since the release of Command and Conquer!

Enough sarcasm from me, I'll humor PGI and play a couple of games.

#188 DrXitomatl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUnited States

I was really expecting UI 2.0 and launch day to coincide. "Launch Day" should be full of cool stuff, like new mechs they've been holding out on us and keeping tight lipped about, UI 2.0, a new map or 2... all of those things. THEN it would be a party for us all.

Still, I love the game, and will keep right on playing it, though my hours will decline until bigger changes and additions are made.

Thanks for the super fun game, PGI. Keep it up, but please consider a faster pace on some things.

#189 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

The press, is going to have a field day.

I could see this whole thing get shut down.

#190 Ahja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Well not a bang but more a pop fizzle? Its hard to note any change at all and sadly the game seemed better at start. So the only thing we really can expect in the next year is a nerf buff rollercoaster ride? *Sigh face palm*!?!

Ok so I posted this in another post but it seems better here. *throughs arms into air and walks away from computer*

[color=#959595]This is easy and why it keeps being such a big problem I will never understand. [/color]

[color=#959595]1) go back to Battletech/Mechwarrior weapons spec's.[/color]
[color=#959595]2) tell anyone who wants to change them "TO BAD".[/color]
[color=#959595]3) do not play the "balance game" that has killed the PVP in other MMO's.[/color]
[color=#959595]4) get used to the fact that 30 years of Battletech/Mechwarrior is not the place you as a dev. will be making your big mark and that players have loved this for that long for a reason.[/color]

[color=#959595]STOP FOOLING AROUND WITH WHAT WORKS[/color]

[color=#959595]FORGET BALANCE IN MMO PVP IT DOES NOT EXIST. [/color]

[color=#959595]Now put it right, launch the thing and stop fooling around. [/color]

#191 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostSeven Strikes, on 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

I guess I'll be toying with Hawken until more features are put into MWO.

Seriously? I just can't get *into* that game. I'm trying. It's... kinda entertaining. But man, it has no staying power with me.

#192 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hmm...

#193 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostSkunk Wolf, on 17 September 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

The press, is going to have a field day.

I could see this whole thing get shut down.

It'll live for while, but it's difficult to get rid of the bad reputation if the game indeed tanks.

#194 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Through all the bitching, I love the MWO community :P Cheers to PGI. Cheers to Founders. 100% acknowledgment that the game exists because of the Founders passion, dollars, commitment. This is the best game community I've been a part of.

The game is missing a lot. For one day though, I would like to call an armistice and enjoy what it IS. Piloting a spider is about the most fun a guy can have playing computer games.

#195 Wilhelm Fraek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

so can anyone actually patch yet?

Edited by Wilhelm Fraek, 17 September 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#196 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

'gratz on the ding Pirahna.

#197 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Patching...

but hey, why no new maps for Launch Day? That would draw players out to explore new things. The Orion has some well known problems, so only the brave will go there.

#198 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Awesome, very proud to be here with this milestone. Can't wait for the features on the books to come.

#199 Patzer

• PipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuena Park, California

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Congrats and well done, Its awesome to be here as part of this event.

Battle on Mechwarriors see in the 24.

#200 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

The perfect launch.

Posted Image

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users