2555 replies to this topic

#321 Vyrago

• PipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostMydgard, on 17 September 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Quiet good but were are the huge differences to yesterday (in features)?

BTW the launch trailer is a little bit strange as in more than one scene, there are coming approx 20 mechs over the hill to attack. We can't play in games with more than 12 mechs ...

Is this a foresight of even bigger mech battles than 12 vs 12?

Posted Image

#322 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostMydgard, on 17 September 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Quiet good but were are the huge differences to yesterday (in features)?

BTW the launch trailer is a little bit strange as in more than one scene, there are coming approx 20 mechs over the hill to attack. We can't play in games with more than 12 mechs ...

Is this a foresight of even bigger mech battles than 12 vs 12?

No that's just deceptive advertising :P

#323 Benden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Most pathetic launch I ever participated in, and I've tested a lot of games since Terra 2120 in 1996.
The sad part is that MW / BT is my most beloved universe. Hate you PGI.

#324 KillerLeo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Well I got to say I hoped a more interesting launch than this. I still enjoy this game I have been playing since CB, bought elite founder, bought phoenix, have bought MC and premium time, and I dont regret it. I had fun with this game, and I still do, but i find myself taking longer and longer breaks from it, and frankly i was about to take a long break last month perhaps till phoenix release or the next big feature, because i was getting tired of the same old deathmatch pugs, but I bumped into an old RL buddy of mine and told me he and other guys were playing MWO actively and invited me to their regular gaming nights, so thats what keeping me in game right now, we were pretty excited about upcoming CW and we want to form a merc group, but now im worried that it gets pushed into 2014...for the time being im still having fun blasting away pugs with my new lancemates (its funny how an organized lance can turn the tables in a pug), so i will keep playing but one thing i made my mind today was not spend a single more dollar in this game till CW is released, i feel i have spent more than enough on a team deathmatch shooter, no matter how cool it is to pilot a Mech and blast others away. The main selling point for this game for me was being able to select my drops, who to fight for and those things very like Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries but with real opponents. In fact big part of selecting a loadout, having different mechs for different situations is being able to select that situation or at least having a debrief or any idea of what you are facing. Its frustrating to drop blind onto my brawling atlas, because well im in the mood for some brawling, and get dropped into Alpine Peaks, or end up in terra therma onto my pulse laser loaded Stalker. It was ok during beta "ok they are tweaking the combat systems, the root of the game" but now its time they started adding stuff that makes said combat more meaningful.

Also, the other thing that made me not wanting to spend another dollar here till i see some meaningful good change is that recently it seems like PGI is more focused on squeezing money from us than adding the promised features in game. Most of the recent patches always contain a shiny new Hero Mech for MC only, that have much better bonuses than Founder Mechs, and Phoenix Mechs or like i like to call it "Founder Package 2.0" which yeah I bought I liked the mechs and extra premium time and at the time i really thought that we would get CW at Launch or at Phoenix Launch at least partially, or some nice new feature!, but now i feel like it was just a money grab.

#325 Xaira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 346 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

So... that is it? Launch? Really?

Where Inner Sphere, where global map, where Great Houses and Mercs, where Clans?

Nothing. Just another session game, not a real MechWarrior. Piranha, now I can say it: u suck!

#326 SubXulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEngland

View PostDamocles69, on 17 September 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Que the HindenStalker meme

pmsl .. i thought it was funny :P

#327 Sixnations

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts

Congrats we are officially open beta now!!!

#328 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

View PostBad Andy, on 17 September 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

hey noobs your website logo still says "beta" gg

Try deleting your browser cache, its what all the techno nerds do with new web images. :P

#329 ElementalFury

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

the download takes so long it's almost promising!

#330 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

So, it's no more beta right?

#331 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Comments on Launch Trailer disabled. A wise decision.

#332 Orybazy07

Rookie

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

I can kind of understand no UI2.0, CW or even new map/mech on fixed date launch.
Missed number of deadlines myself. Still to sweeten it up I would expect some unique gift for
beta testers of the game. It would not take much time to create hero variant of some light mech.
This is what Wargaming recently made giving a free anniversary light premium tank to ALL players.
Since I have spend quite a bit of money on a game (4x Hero Mechs + Phoenix) I feel I should not spend any more if loyal and supporting players are not rewarded. It is free to play after all, counting on players to support it.
I believe many players support MWO for the sake of keeping BT universe alive and would probably rather have offline Mechwarrior 5 with campaign, lance management etc. and online gaming as extra.
Not listening to the voice of core players and going in the direction of wider public (like with 3rd person view) can result in having casual only non-paying players happy to move to any newer tactical shooter.
My biggest wonder - why on Earth not milk the launch?! No sale other than camo?
3 day only ! Launch Event Sale ! Join MWO in a new Mech now 30% cheaper ! etc.
I would tempt myself to some discounted Misery especially if I would have some warm feelings
after getting my free beta tester mech (that I would probably not use much anyway just like WoT gift tank)

#333 Direwolfe72X

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSpanaway,WA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't normally post. I don't know what to say, but I hope for more. I'm done until the major features are done as the devs discussed. It's a great game, and I'll be back when the devs deliver on my founders/saber/$400MC/REINFORECEMENT$30

#334 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

@OP: What is up with the new Terms of Service? They look horrible! Not even Origin does such things anymore and Origin is the worst f**king bloatware ever.

#335 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nice launch video. Real neat showing features you haven't launched too.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 17 September 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#336 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

The MWO Forums...a soap opera for gamers...like WWE is a soap opera for men....lol!

#337 SubXulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

I normally don't contribute to negative threads and vibes, but I have to concur, this truly is a **** launch.

#338 Hardes13

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Ok when is the real launch?

#339 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostAdran, on 17 September 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I love how everyone is complaining about the lackluster launch like MWO is the only game to ever do that. Clearly there are no Neverwinter players here, or they'd know that Neverwinter did that too. It's becoming a trend for MMOs to not really do anything special for launch now apparently, so we should probably get used to this unless the game is a p2p game.

Neverwinternights was feature complete at launch thought... their beta was feature complete thought. The beta was just for polishing the game thought.

MWO is NOT feature complete at launch... it was NOT feature complete when it went into "beta"

You are comparing a complete game with mwo here. They didnt had big features for launch because all features where allready in while MWO is still missing THE VERY BASICS of an online game after 1 year of open "beta"

#340 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostCorwin Maxwell, on 17 September 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

The MWO Forums...a soap opera for gamers...like WWE is a soap opera for men....lol!

no clans, no CW, no DX11

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users