#1 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Introduction
Li Song Mechlab (LSML) is an EFT inspired 'Mech loadout creation and analysis tool for PGI's Mechwarrior: Online game.

The core design goal of LSML is to give you the numbers you need to make the best loadouts for MWO, and doing it effortlessly. We live by #nobullshitjustrawdata.
LSML differs from other similar tools such as Smurfy by the amount and accuracy of information it gives you.

LSML is an offline application which means that you will always have access to it even when you don't have Internet access. It will automatically read game data from your MWO install (if you have one) to give you up-to-date information from the latest patch.

Getting updates/Following us

LSML contains an automatic update checker which will check for updates every three days unless you disable it. If you wish to get news on whats happening on the project I recommend that you follow us on Patreon.

Download/Screenshots
http://li-soft.org

How is this different from Smurfy?
  • Modules & Quirks!
    • LSML correctly calculates your DPS and range stats based on equipped modules, quirks from omnipods and chassis as well as pilot skills and targeting computers. Ever wonder how much the new heat quirks on Awesomes affect DPS on a PPC boat? LSML will tell you.
  • Map specific heat!
    • Ever wondered how well your loadout will do on Terra Therma or Caustic? Select those maps from the Enivornment drop-down and see for yourself in an instant.
  • Spread & Jam!
    • LSML will tell you what the expected DPS of your Ultra-ACs is when double firing and tell you the statistical burst damage for burst type weapons. The DPS of weapons that are affected by a spread, such as LB-type ACs will be compensated for spread assuming a target the size of an Atlas side torso.
  • Realistic sustained DPS!
    • LSML calculates maximal attainable sustained DPS using smart choices, .e. only firing the most heat effective weapons. For example smurfy's calculates sustained DPS assuming you fire everything you got as often as you can. As a result the sustained DPS number from LSML is higher and for a skilled pilot, closer to reality.
  • Graphs!
    • LSML shows a stacked DPS graph (as opposed to overlaid) showing you which weapons contribute the most to your damage at what range. If a weapon isn't present in the graph, it's because it's not beneficial to your sustained DPS to fire that weapon, at all. I.e. dead weight when considering sustained DPS, it may still have other situational uses which is up to you to decide.
  • Ammo stats!
    • Shows you how long you can be in combat with each equipped weapon. Easier to match ammo amounts for your weapon ranges. Shows how many volleys you can shoot and summarises missile weapons. It doesn't show SRM 6 + SRM 2 + SRM4, it shows SRM 12 in the summary.
  • Automatic Armor Distribution!
    • Easily add or remove armor in half-ton quantities and have it automatically distributed over the mech to protect your important items. Need to shave of 1 ton of armor to get that last heat sink in? Just drag the slider two ticks and you've got it! It'll take the armor of your shield-arm/dead-side if you have one or just shave evenly. Of course you can manually adjust when you've decided on the rest of your equipment. Or just go manual from the start, the choice is yours!
  • Smart Place!
    • By enabling smart place, double clicking an item to add will automatically shuffle your gear around so that the wanted item can be added. Makes for building a mech easy. Just double click from the equipment list to add what you want on the mech, the placement is handled automatically. Of course you can manually place items too by drag-n-dropping!
  • You're not dependent on an internet connection to use LSML!
  • Many more smart features to make your theorystomping life easier!

Edited by Li Song, 29 July 2018 - 04:52 AM.

#2 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Edit: I see that it isn't a smartphone app. Is a Win Phone 8 version planned?

Seriously Devs, a good Mechlab smartphone app would probably sell. I'd certainly pay for one.

Edited by NRP, 17 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#3 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

I installed this in a different directory than standard and I get an error "Unable to find game files"

#4 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostNRP, on 17 September 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Edit: I see that it isn't a smartphone app. Is a Win Phone 8 version planned? Seriously Devs, a good Mechlab smartphone app would probably sell. I'd certainly pay for one.

edit: It's planned, see FAQ. Android version is planned, windows phone is not planned but not ruled out.

View PostMavRCK, on 17 September 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I installed this in a different directory than standard and I get an error "Unable to find game files"

You installed LSML in a different directory? Or your game? Can you please try the default directory to confirm that this is what is causing it?

Edited by Li Song, 17 September 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#5 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostLi Song, on 17 September 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

It's planned, see FAQ.

You installed LSML in a different directory? Or your game? Can you please try the default directory to confirm that this is what is causing it?

Will do now.

I installed in the default directory and had the same pop-up. Is this perhaps due to my MWO in a non-default install folder?

Edited by MavRCK, 17 September 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#6 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Also what OS+java version, and where is your MWO installed?

edit: It will search for MWO on your harddrives. Does the drive where mwo is installed have over 50mb of free space?

Edited by Li Song, 17 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#7 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostLi Song, on 17 September 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Also what OS+java version, and where is your MWO installed?

Windows 7

Just updated to Java Update 40.

Reinstalled - same message.

MWO in installed in c:/games/piranha games/mechwarrior online/mechwarrior online

Edited by MavRCK, 17 September 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#8 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Seriously Devs, a good Mechlab smartphone app would probably sell. I'd certainly pay for one.

Working on it ;)

#9 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Issue resolved:

MWO was installed in: c:\games\pirahna games\mechwarrior online\mechwarrior online

Fix was to cut and paste the game folder to: c:\games\pirahna games\mechwarrior online

Thanks Li!

Added to resources list in the tier list!

Edited by MavRCK, 17 September 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#10 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationGMT -8:00 - Vancouver B.C.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Good job, My install is also a non-default location. It searched for a while then suggested my Steam folder. I said cancel and it searched a bit longer than found the install location. Nice resource, had fiddled with RC1 and 2,,

AV

#11 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

I really like the look of this! Liked EFT also. I will use this to store my builds. Very nice work!

Some things I would like to see, though;
- Writable armor values, I hate clicking armor values.
- Garage subdirectories
- Number of tubes in a missile hardpoint, actually very important
- Mouseover tooltips not disappearing after 4 seconds

I hope you continue developing this, I'm sold! :(

Edited by IV Amen, 17 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#12 Procellus

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

I really like this program. Nice work! And Amen, if you click on the Armor tab you can set the values there.

#13 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostIV Amen, on 17 September 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I really like the look of this! Liked EFT also. I will use this to store my builds. Very nice work!

Some things I would like to see, though;
- Writable armor values, I hate clicking armor values.
- Garage subdirectories
- Number of tubes in a missile hardpoint, actually very important
- Mouseover tooltips not disappearing after 4 seconds

I hope you continue developing this, I'm sold! :rolleyes:

Most of that is already planned, see issues #36, #124 and #8 on the issue tracker if you wish to be notified of when they are done and what release they'll be in.

The mouseover tooltip is temporary until I figure out a better way to display stats.:rolleyes:

#14 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

A thousand times - YES... well, as long as it's an iPhone app.

#15 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

LSML 1.0.1 Ingenious Ilya

Changes:
* Fixes issues with finding game files. It will first ask you if you wish to search manually (only if your game isn't in the standard installation, otherwise it finds it instantly). If you decide to search automatically, it will now not find every other Cry Engine based game.
* Will now properly load old garages that had an Ilya Muromets in them. PGI changed the name of the mech in the XML files (to a much more consistent name).

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#16 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

LSML 1.0.2 Spoofy Spider

Changes:
* Fixing redraw issue with mechs packing machine gun ammo (issue #146)
* Future installers will remember custom install diretory of LSML (issue #144)
* Fixed a typo in the splash screen (issue #136)
* Fixed line feeds in installer's license (issue #111)

#17 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

LSML 1.1.0 Many Misses

Changes:
* Loadout panel has been compacted to make LSML usable on lower resolution screens.
* Performance optimizations have been done. There are still some issues left though.
* The "misc" category has been moved up in the left hand side list.
* A manifest has been added to let Windows know we are UAC aware but don't need permissions.
* The loadout panel will show how many tonnes and slots each upgrade takes.
* Removing an engine will also automatically remove all heat sinks in it.
* Dragging items will now show a preview while dragging.
* A "clone" option has been added to the right click menu on your garage and the "loadout" menu of your 'Mech window. Use it for building an alternative loadout based on an existing one.
* Pressing cancel at a "save-to-garage" dialog while closing the program will now not close the program.
* You can type in armor values directly.
* Changed the installer to install as a native 64 bit application as it is java and 32/64 depends on your JVM.
* The installer will properly remember your install path from this version onwards (was previously bugged).

Use download link at the first post.

#18 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

bumping!

#19 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Looks good, will definitely give it a go.

#20 Stijnovic

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Yes, more stats! I will install this when I get home.

Some thoughts:
  • Could I see total potential damage besides "combat seconds" in the weapons stats?
  • Some "per weapon" "heat per second" info so you can see which weapons to use when almost overheating?
  • Maybe a whole section comparing the weapons for heat, damage, weight, slots, etc...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users