• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 02 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think blood names will be canon only and only available to the highest ranking officers of factions, because of their contributions.

(if you *think* you've got a blood name already just wait until they implement them and force name changes... you could always make a cheesy version of a name but I'm certain it'll be reported and taken off the list)

It would be quite impressive to see only 25 (max) Kerensky's and only in Clan Wolf. As it should be.

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

It would be quite impressive to see only 25 (max) Kerensky's and only in Clan Wolf. As it should be.

Neg,as far as i know,it would be impressive to see 25 Kerenskys in the Clan units, i assume we as Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy have only one Kerensky bloodnamed warrior..

#43 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Only the wolves have the kerensky blood name. its one of the reasons the dezgra jade falcons hate us so.

(As a side note, i absolutely love the jade falcons, they along with the smoke jaguars are wonderful bad guys).

Now you'll have to forgive me for my comparison to warcraft, but blood names could be a very prestigious title, which you could lose at any time. If a warcraft player completes a challenge mode dungeon with a server best time, he and his group gets a title pertaining to that dungeon. A friend of mine is "scarlet commander", but they only have that title for their player for as long as they hold that record time, if someone else takes record spot, the previous holder of the title automatically loses that title.

Similarily, blood names could be prestigious rewards for surviving trials with other high level players perhaps. As long as you are the victor you keep your name, but if perhaps your KD drops below a certain threshhold or your loyalty points are somehow damaged, you lose that name, and another player can take it.

Edited by pbiggz, 02 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#44 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 October 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Neg,as far as i know,it would be impressive to see 25 Kerenskys in the Clan units, i assume we as Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy have only one Kerensky bloodnamed warrior..

Presently you would have at least 2
Ulrik Kerensky
Natasha Kerensky

I will have to check at home to see the TO&E of Clan Wolf during the Invasion.

#45 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

Presently you would have at least 2
Ulrik Kerensky
Natasha Kerensky

I will have to check at home to see the TO&E of Clan Wolf during the Invasion.

I mean the actual real world Clan Wolf units :ph34r:

#46 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

So you mean the players who actually won a bloodname in a CBT Event? :ph34r:

#47 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

So you mean the players who actually won a bloodname in a CBT Event? :ph34r:

or a Trial of Bloodright in this or any other previous MechWarrior game. Yes there are. In my Clan unit there are three Ward, a Kerensky, two Rhyme, a Radick and many others..

#48 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Actually, there are 50 Kerenskys in Clan Wolf, 25 each for Nicholas and Aleksandr :P

#49 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

But Aleksandr Kerensky died before nicholas actually created the clans. It might be nicholas and his younger brother Andrey you are thinking of. (andrey died during operation klondike, the khan of the not named clan, sarah mcevedy, blamed nicholas, and it eventually led to their annihilation).

#50 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I vote no.

#51 jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostAerokii, on 02 October 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

Depends on who you considered an "important Stark", since
Spoiler

You're wrong. Perhaps you should read the books instead of just watching the TV show. Books are a great way of civilizing yourself.
Spoiler

Edited by Piipu, 03 October 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#52 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 October 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Umm.... you cant compare the Wolves losses during the refusal war to what happened to the Smokes. Clan wolf and sigh, wolf-in-exile are still major powers. And EVERY important stark is dead im pretty sure. Just the young girl survives. The ******* freebirth Snow doesn't count ;) Plus at least a fellow clan damaged the wolves during the refusal not the IS>

Hmmm...perhaps you should read those books again, or at least the Wikipedia Cliff Notes version. Only 2 Starks, Ned and Robb, are eliminated by the end of book 5. Doubtless the author intends to restore them by the end. In any case, it has little to do with the matter of Bloodnames. I would personally hope that they have tournaments among the Clan faction people, consisting of single mech duels.

#53 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostMr Blonde, on 03 October 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

single mech duels.

depends on the clan. Falcons field 2 mechs of equal weight class against eachother for their trials, but wolves usually have more mechs on the field at once.

Edited by pbiggz, 03 October 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#54 Aerokii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationStrapped into a walking Nuke Reactor

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostPiipu, on 03 October 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

You're wrong. Perhaps you should read the books instead of just watching the TV show. Books are a great way of civilizing yourself.
Spoiler

Oh, such lovely assumptions~ tell me again how you have such delightful insight into my life and habits!

Spoiler

As for the show, I've only seen the first two seasons. I didn't care for all the (needless adult situations of amorous nature) HBO added, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all 5 books that GRRM's put out so far.

EDIT: For silly censorship

Edited by Aerokii, 03 October 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostZerberus, on 02 October 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Actually, there are 50 Kerenskys in Clan Wolf, 25 each for Nicholas and Aleksandr ;)

I will have to look this up. To my memory there is a hard limit of 25 of any Bloodname and lots of them have a cap well under 25. This IIRC happened well after the FASA written Clan Sourcebooks though.

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

I will have to look this up. To my memory there is a hard limit of 25 of any Bloodname and lots of them have a cap well under 25. This IIRC happened well after the FASA written Clan Sourcebooks though.

There is a hard limit of 25, but Kerensky has 25+25 for both Andery and Nicholas :D

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 October 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

There is a hard limit of 25, but Kerensky has 25+25 for both Andery and Nicholas :D

I have never seen that in my reading. Where can I find that please? Everything I have read only counts the last name as important so by that there should only be 25 Kerensky's total not per fist names.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 03 October 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#58 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

I have never seen that in my reading. Where can I find that please? Everything I have read only counts the last name as important so by that there should only be 25 Kerensky's total not per fist names.

I cannot remember now,sorry. Try on Sarna or in a sourcebook like Warriors of Kerensky or Wolf Clan Sourcebooks if you have them..

#59 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 October 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Indeed, the Wolves have the right to up to 50 Kerensky blood names - 25 from Nicholas himself & 25 from Nicholas' brother Andery Kerensky, with the two being considered independent lines from one another.

Also of note is that the Wolves share Andery's genetic legacy with the Coyotes to produce matched sibkos, in honor of the relationship between Andery Kerensky and Dana Kufahl (with the source cited by Sarna being page 34 of Historical: Operation Klondike, under the heading "Claiming a Legacy"), though only the Coyote-produced sibkos get access to the Kufahl bloodname and only the Wolf-produced sibkos get access to the Kerensky bloodname.

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I did, All sources say 25 of each Bloodname. Of the original 800 Bloodnames 450 are listed on Sarna. They are not broken down by 1st names. I'll go o the source an get an answer though. Cause it does kinda read as though you could have 25 for Andry and 25 for Nicholas. However there isn't 25 for Ulric or Natasha as far as I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users