#61 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

I did, All sources say 25 of each Bloodname. Of the original 800 Bloodnames 450 are listed on Sarna. They are not broken down by 1st names. I'll go o the source an get an answer though. Cause it does kinda read as though you could have 25 for Andry and 25 for Nicholas. However there isn't 25 for Ulric or Natasha as far as I know.

Ulric and Natasha would each be among either the 25 from Nicholas or the 25 from Andery ("which is from which". becomes the next question :D) - that is, the two of them together would be among the combined total of 50 warriors to carry the Kerensky bloodname at any given time.

#62 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 03 October 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Ulric and Natasha would each be among either the 25 from Nicholas or the 25 from Andery ("which is from which". becomes the next question :)) - that is, the two of them together would be among the combined total of 50 warriors to carry the Kerensky bloodname at any given time.

Interesting... I posed this over at the CBT forum for clarity. Thanks for piquing my curiosity. I haven't wanted to dig around for a long time! :D :D

#63 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

I stand corrected. Confirmation backs up your claim. So only 50 Kerensky's total. Thank you.

#64 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Interesting... I posed this over at the CBT forum for clarity. Thanks for piquing my curiosity. I haven't wanted to dig around for a long time! :D :)

You're welcome. :D
(Also, could you post the link to the answer, when able?)

Also, it seems that things get even more fun later in the timeline - apparently (see here and here), the post-split Crusader Wolves maintain separate Bloodname Houses for each of Nicholas and Andery, and the Wolves-in-Exile also maintain separate Bloodname Houses for each of Nicholas and Andery, and each set is separate from the other!

So, one could theoretically have up to a grand total of 100 Kerenskies running around (25 from (Crusader) Nicholas house + 25 from (WiE) Nicholas house + 25 from (Crusader) Andery house + 25 from (WiE) Andery house). :rolleyes:

#65 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Operation Klonike

I don't want to open that can of worms since we are only at the beginning of the Invasion.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#66 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 October 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Operation Klonike

I don't want to open that can of worms since we are only at the beginning of the Invasion.

Thanks, and fair enough. :D

------------

So, back to the business at hand...

View Postpbiggz, on 18 September 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

I PETITION THE GRAND COUNCIL THAT THE NOBLE NAME STARK BE ADDED TO THE WOLF CLAN'S GENETIC LEGACY!

The Stark line that really matters is not that of the Starks of Winterfell, but that of the Starks of Long Island! :D
Posted Image

May the Clans and Inner Sphere alike be finally united under the benevolent and awesome rule of the Men of Iron! :)

#67 seija

• Pip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

no

#68 Rowanas

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Giving in to the fad of the day? I vote we keep the bloodnames pure.

#69 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

I, as a Jadewolf, vote "HELL NO" for inclusion of Stark into the hallowed pool of genetics of the Wolf Clan.

#70 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 04 October 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

I, as a Jadewolf, vote "HELL NO" for inclusion of Stark into the hallowed pool of genetics of the Wolf Clan.

Jade wolves aren't true wolves, just vlad ward's mad dogs. The wardens are the true clan wolf.

#71 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

the Crusader Wolves are just as legit as the Exiles... even if they have been abjured.

Jade Wolves were a political maneuver by the Falcon leadership.

#72 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

I want to be Tony Stark.

#73 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Loled all the way around that moronic thread, thanks lads for lulz. I just wonder why some nerd still hasn't demanded ork killa kans\imperial dreadnoughts (space wolves for da wolf clan!)\eldar wrathlords (purple maric ladies?) to battle in MWO. Stompas\Titans maybe? Some trash from star wars? C'mon, don't be shy, go on rambling, it's all about lulz :(

edit: typos fixed

Edited by Featherwood, 04 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#74 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 04 October 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Loled all the way around that moronic thread, thanks lads for lulz. I just wonder why some nerd still hasn't demanded ork killa kans\imperial dreadnoughts (space wolves for da wolf clan!)\eldar wrathlords (purple maric ladies?) to battle in MWO. Stompas\Titans maybe? Some trash from star wars? C'mon, don't be shy, go on rambling, it's all about lulz :D

edit: typos fixed

Who are you, this is a serious discussion and you're mocking tone is not welcome here, BEGONE!

#75 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 19 September 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

You may ask Jaroth if he has noted this Bloodname in his project :P

Anyway, as far as i know, only an IlKhan may create a new Bloodname (like Kell).

Oh,and i only read a book,but the series seems very interesting to me. Maybe i could read the other books after i finish the Battletech novels :)

Apologies, Stark is not listed as a Bloodname for ANY Clan. Also FYI, a Khan can create a new Bloodname, not just an ilKhan. Your best bet to seeing this come to fruition would be to ask the devs directly on the Battletech forum.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 05 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#76 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Neg.

I believe ilKahn Leo Showers would have to decide but I believe he has more important matters to attend to at this moment.

#77 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 27 December 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Neg.

I believe ilKahn Leo Showers would have to decide but I believe he has more important matters to attend to at this moment.

No, Khans can do it. Ulric Kerensky made Kell a wolf bloodname before the clan fractured.

#78 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 28 December 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

No, Khans can do it. Ulric Kerensky made Kell a wolf bloodname before the clan fractured.

I still believe the Khans have more pressing matters to attend to than to make an unknown name a Bloodname... You would have had to pull off quite a feat to get such an honor.

#79 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 28 December 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I still believe the Khans have more pressing matters to attend to than to make an unknown name a Bloodname... You would have had to pull off quite a feat to get such an honor.

You do realize my post was mostly in jest right? I was just remarking on how appropriate it would be if Stark was a blood name of Clan Wolf, as their house sigil is a Dire Wolf.

#80 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 28 December 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

You do realize my post was mostly in jest right? I was just remarking on how appropriate it would be if Stark was a blood name of Clan Wolf, as their house sigil is a Dire Wolf.

Do you understand that I realised that but wanted to portray a serious clanner response to the question and therefore replied the way I did in jest?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users