#221 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Poststjobe, on 08 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Who the hell put the General in a Hermes in the first place?

Its a Hermes II and it is a dedicated Command Mech...because of superior communication systems

#222 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 October 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Its a Hermes II and it is a dedicated Command Mech...because of superior communication systems

Irian E.A.R. - used on the Hermes II 2S and 5S, and the Stalker 5M, none of which seem to have any fluff about being dedicated Command 'Mechs.

Do I need to dig out my old dead-tree TROs or novels to find the source for that statement?

#223 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

yes you have to afaik in the TRO3025 the comm system of the hermes should even be able to communicate with ships un orbit

#224 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 18 September 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

I will work up an awesome and throw it in here.

Posted Image

Like I said it's ok to have BIG ARMS, in the case of the Awesome it is renown for it. Those massive pauldrons just soaking damage. But even then, once the arm blows off that damage transfers to the side torso's.

The side torso look massive but also keep in mind you are looking at it from the 3/4 view, straight on the CT and side torso's are equal.

That is my ideal Awesome hit boxes. I would pay money for all those hit boxes to be in the game.

#225 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 October 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

yes you have to afaik in the TRO3025 the comm system of the hermes should even be able to communicate with ships un orbit

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get off work.

In that case, good choice of 'mech, General (if a bit light - an AS7-D-DC, CP-10-Z, or BLR-1G would perhaps have let you keep standing) ;)

#226 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostMahws, on 05 October 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Reduced to not by.

One leg = capped at 50% of top speed.
Both legs = capped at 15% of top speed.

Ah that's better. I knew I wasn't seeing it right, so i had to ask ;)

#227 The Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Mr. CarrionCrows you win the internets. Golf clap to you sir. Your color diagrams really drive the point home about how screwed up the orion's hitboxes are and how they should be, great work on the other chassis too. I hope PGI takes notice.

#228 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Poststjobe, on 08 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Who the hell put the General in a Hermes in the first place?

Because they was under attack in the factory, with fresh off the factory line Mechs, and the General drew the short straw. :-D The other explanation was excellent though, better comms lol.

Edited by General Taskeen, 08 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#229 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

These ideas have great merit. Listen up, PGI!

#230 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 08 October 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

The other explanation was excellent though, better comms lol.

Its all in the rules man - and YES BattleTech has even a rule for - everything :(

BTT:
When the pelvis of a Mech count as legs - the MechBuild Meta will change dramatically...
no ammunition is longer "secure" in the legs
you need CASE when using STD fusion
leg armor has to be increased.

That together may reduce weight for ammunition, heatsinks and weapons for 1-3 tons.... so hell yes its a good idea....also that the shoulder mount of the side torso is - a arm hit box.

....because i can't remember - was there a suggestion about damage transfer, too?

Edited by Karl Streiger, 09 October 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#231 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Time for bump.

#232 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Updated front page with a better understanding of the issue of pelvis / pelvic area CT hitboxes.

#233 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

PGI, glance at this thread a couple of times and take it to heart. As an Awesome pilot, I have to say, this man is onto something fantastic here! Carrioncrows, well researched, written, and posted. We need more constructive critics like yourself!

#234 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Be sure to vote on the Ask The Dev's

I've submitted my question to them in regards to this thread.

Please lend your support:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2826860

#235 Dexion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWestern Ma.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Over 100 people liked the OP, come on guys hit the ATD thread.

#236 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostDexion, on 10 October 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Over 100 people liked the OP, come on guys hit the ATD thread.

considering this thread got 3x as many likes and what transpired from it, you live in hope.

#237 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 10 October 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

considering this thread got 3x as many likes and what transpired from it, you live in hope.

Most of the issue is that my post isn't on the front page, and people can't be bothered *shrug*

Perhaps next time

#238 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

likes front pages etc, it doesn't really matter. what matteres is that the devs consider it and give feedback as to why it does/ doesnot work for their schedual/abilities to implement etc.

popularity as has been proven plenty of times does not suddenly make devs "see the light" what matters is that they can work with something they can do on the cheap at the last minute etc. otherwise they won't consider it at all. Homeless Bill's ideas was simply taking up too many peoples time for too long to implement such a thing without stiring up more problems. the gauss recharge made people runaway how'd you think people would react to more charge bars and their reticle playing up if they used one loadout in group fire, alpha strike etc compared to another loadout? people would just give up because PGI would HAVE to dedicate time and resorces on all fronts to make it happen, graphic designers, coders QC etc. that's why we got GH only took a mathmatician and some coders to implement it and vola! heavy damage in one area curbed... so they thought. as people have proven heat alone can't stop this heavy dmg in one area exclusive to a few builds giving them more lethality overtime than anything else makes a meta. when they heat or charge nerf AC, missles boats and dual gauss will return. heat and even cooldown times can not stop one weapon killing stuff quicker than others because the target is always too easy to kill.

the hitbox idea is entirely different as it would take less resources to test and implement. so likes don't matter this is a far more viable plan to tackle the speedy deaths with ct only core out kills happening often regardless of the weapon meta. many people are convinced {and i don't blame them cause it is a problem} that convergence and all over armour BT values are used in a real time FPS. the hitboxes solution is another bandaid but it's better than increasing armour again, because it reduces the chance to hit the CT. at the moment BT armour values aren't as relevent as they should be because the best torso twister could turn away from one attack and line him/herself up perfectly for another. what we need is a limiter on the SKILL of the SHOOTER, cone of fire denighs it all together so that doesn't work but if CT hitboxes were simillar to HEAD hit boxes then skill shoots are properly rewarded and most people can enjoy more dmg dealing and soaking and dakka dakka play that we all want for a MW game.

TL;DR likes and ATD doesn't make good ideas stick, heads incharge of skill and resource managment make good ideas stick and this solution has the biggest positive impact for the least amount of time and effort to implement so i'm positive that the dev's will take notice of this one regardless.

#239 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 10 October 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

likes front pages etc, it doesn't really matter. what matteres is that the devs consider it and give feedback as to why it does/ doesnot work for their schedual/abilities to implement etc.

popularity as has been proven plenty of times does not suddenly make devs "see the light" what matters is that they can work with something they can do on the cheap at the last minute etc. otherwise they won't consider it at all. Homeless Bill's ideas was simply taking up too many peoples time for too long to implement such a thing without stiring up more problems. the gauss recharge made people runaway how'd you think people would react to more charge bars and their reticle playing up if they used one loadout in group fire, alpha strike etc compared to another loadout? people would just give up because PGI would HAVE to dedicate time and resorces on all fronts to make it happen, graphic designers, coders QC etc. that's why we got GH only took a mathmatician and some coders to implement it and vola! heavy damage in one area curbed... so they thought. as people have proven heat alone can't stop this heavy dmg in one area exclusive to a few builds giving them more lethality overtime than anything else makes a meta. when they heat or charge nerf AC, missles boats and dual gauss will return. heat and even cooldown times can not stop one weapon killing stuff quicker than others because the target is always too easy to kill.

the hitbox idea is entirely different as it would take less resources to test and implement. so likes don't matter this is a far more viable plan to tackle the speedy deaths with ct only core out kills happening often regardless of the weapon meta. many people are convinced {and i don't blame them cause it is a problem} that convergence and all over armour BT values are used in a real time FPS. the hitboxes solution is another bandaid but it's better than increasing armour again, because it reduces the chance to hit the CT. at the moment BT armour values aren't as relevent as they should be because the best torso twister could turn away from one attack and line him/herself up perfectly for another. what we need is a limiter on the SKILL of the SHOOTER, cone of fire denighs it all together so that doesn't work but if CT hitboxes were simillar to HEAD hit boxes then skill shoots are properly rewarded and most people can enjoy more dmg dealing and soaking and dakka dakka play that we all want for a MW game.

TL;DR likes and ATD doesn't make good ideas stick, heads incharge of skill and resource managment make good ideas stick and this solution has the biggest positive impact for the least amount of time and effort to implement so i'm positive that the dev's will take notice of this one regardless.

I totally get what you are saying.

And as much time and resources I continue to invest in this thread and spreading the word, at this point is really to insure the developers "SEE" and "Read" this thread.

As novel as my idea is they may choose not to use it. That's ok. That's their call.

I've thrown as much common sense, explanation and discussion on why i believe this idea is a must and has merit all towards the singular purpose of getting the developers to Read it, Understand it and Consider it.

After that, it's in their hands.

But I can at least rest assured that "I" did everything I could on my end to make "MWO" a better game.

Leave it all on the field so to speak and I can go home happy knowing I did all I could.

=)

#240 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Maybe you should add a second picture with a "fixed" pelvis area.

Althoug I have to admit - that i just started shooting at this area - after i have seen your pictures :(

even if you hit the leg - they are so low armored that it is still serious damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users