Jump to content

Cold Blood Sale


24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

The solemn Stalker pilot perched himself upon a mangled Atlas, with a very injured expression upon his face he fell upon his knees to the cockpit floor. The puny plot of the story was so thin, however, when compared to the deep mystery through which he was groping, and he found his attention wander so continually from the action to the fact, that he at last flung it across the room and gave himself up entirely to a consideration of the events of the day. Supposing that this unhappy young man’s story were absolutely true, then what hellish thing, what absolutely unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred between the time when he parted from his father, and the moment when, drawn back by his screams, he rushed into the glade? It was something terrible and deadly. What could it be? Might not the nature of the injuries reveal something to my mechanical instincts?

Clearly killed in COLD BLOOD.

Grab the Raven RVN-3L, Quickdraw QKD-4G, Stalker STK-5M for 30% the MC price. No Cold Blooded killer is complete without a matching outfit to finish the job. Tartan permanent patterns are 50% off the regular MC price and is unlocked for all `Mechs within a Chassis type. Tartan Red, Blue & Green are 50% off.

For that extra vanir of senseless coring, Camo Blue Colors are 50% off the MC price.



#2 Sybreed

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

too late Niko, we know it was you

#3 Vassago Rain

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

If it's a COLD BLOODED sale, why isn't cobra pattern and color going on sale?

It, uhh, doesn't get much more cold blooded than a reptile.

#4 Alymbic

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Clearly, all the evidence points to a rather dapper gentlemen, wearing tartan, a top hat and a cane.

But wait! How does that explain the camo blues! The plot thickens....

#5 employee24601

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

The Urbanmech did it.

#6 Steadfast

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

What a absolutly unneccessary and totaly un-mechwarrior like story. clearly a sign all is well and your all fixed totally on the battletech universe.
Seriously, wtf?

#7 Zolaz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostSteadfast, on 27 September 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

What a absolutly unneccessary and totaly un-mechwarrior like story. clearly a sign all is well and your all fixed totally on the battletech universe.
Seriously, wtf?


Welcome to MWO ... the almost mechwarrior game.

#8 focuspark

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I decided to spend USD on MWO again last week when the Cataphract and Jagger heroes were on sale... but the payment system was broken and I couldn't. Then the sale ended... and this sale is a joke.

I try and throw money at you people but you keep refusing it. Give me something to worth throwing money at! A hero mech sale or a MC sale and you'll get US$100 outta my pocket; but I don't care about more colors.

#9 theta123

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Again another failure sale event. The MC only sales are very community unfriendly PGI

Stop it
Include the non paying customers aswel. Look at your competitors like WOT and War thunder.

#10 Felbombling

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Here is how War Thunder got me to spend some money. I started playing a month ago. Within the first few games I was awarded some golden eagles, their in game real money currency. They were not enough to buy a plane I wanted, and they were not enough to buy another pilot slot, BUT they were sufficient enough to train my pilots up a little bit. Then they ran another event that weekend where I was awarded some more golden eagles. I was able to train up some more pilots. So, not only had I been given free golden eagles multiple times during my first weekend of play, but I was able to get an immediate benefit that I could notice in game with my improved performance. I was having so much fun, already advancing my tech trees to a good degree, I opened my wallet and spent about $30.00 bucks on a game that, not two days earlier, I had decided to tool around in 'just for free'.

If I compare that to my MechWarrior: Online experience, it is like night and day. On the day the game went Open Beta I tried to spend money on Mech Credits, but the page crashed. I then decided to wait a bit before spending, until I had figured the game had matured a little. Then I put my wallet away due to the long range sniping meta game that developed. I'd only played twenty games since Open Beta arrived, so I figured I'd wait it out longer. I have been tempted a few times to spend some money on Mech Credits to purchase some colours on sale, but I never pull the trigger. Why? Because I still haven't really wanted to come back yet. I'm probably waiting on collisions to come back into the game. This, from a fanatic Battletech/MechWarrior fan of about twenty-five years.

TL/DR PGI, if you want more people to spend money on your game, stop being so tight-fisted with the initial game experience! Get people used to the benefits of having Mech Credits in order to sell Mech Credits. Think of it as a loss leader. I don't have a desire to spend real money on your game because I have never experienced a benefit from having Mech Credits in the first place.

#11 theta123

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Also Warthunder awards 50 Eagles to every person that registers thanks to you. you can do ALOT with 50 eagles...

#12 Team Leader

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Lame sale. Make all mechs, paints, and skins 25% their current MC prices and lock it that way and then well spend some real money.

#13 Skunk Wolf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 28 September 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Here is how War Thunder got me to spend some money. I started playing a month ago. Within the first few games I was awarded some golden eagles, their in game real money currency. They were not enough to buy a plane I wanted, and they were not enough to buy another pilot slot, BUT they were sufficient enough to train my pilots up a little bit. Then they ran another event that weekend where I was awarded some more golden eagles. I was able to train up some more pilots. So, not only had I been given free golden eagles multiple times during my first weekend of play, but I was able to get an immediate benefit that I could notice in game with my improved performance. I was having so much fun, already advancing my tech trees to a good degree, I opened my wallet and spent about $30.00 bucks on a game that, not two days earlier, I had decided to tool around in 'just for free'.

If I compare that to my MechWarrior: Online experience, it is like night and day. On the day the game went Open Beta I tried to spend money on Mech Credits, but the page crashed. I then decided to wait a bit before spending, until I had figured the game had matured a little. Then I put my wallet away due to the long range sniping meta game that developed. I'd only played twenty games since Open Beta arrived, so I figured I'd wait it out longer. I have been tempted a few times to spend some money on Mech Credits to purchase some colours on sale, but I never pull the trigger. Why? Because I still haven't really wanted to come back yet. I'm probably waiting on collisions to come back into the game. This, from a fanatic Battletech/MechWarrior fan of about twenty-five years.

TL/DR PGI, if you want more people to spend money on your game, stop being so tight-fisted with the initial game experience! Get people used to the benefits of having Mech Credits in order to sell Mech Credits. Think of it as a loss leader. I don't have a desire to spend real money on your game because I have never experienced a benefit from having Mech Credits in the first place.


You do realize that because it was posted in the forums they will do everything possible to not do it, right?

#14 Felbombling

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostSkunk Wolf, on 28 September 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:


You do realize that because it was posted in the forums they will do everything possible to not do it, right?


I'm like a lab rat, continually pushing the button, hoping for food.

#15 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Posttheta123, on 28 September 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

Again another failure sale event. The MC only sales are very community unfriendly PGI

Stop it
Include the non paying customers aswel. Look at your competitors like WOT and War thunder.



If you don't like the sale, don't buy anything, it has no impact whatsoever on your experience in the game. Do you complain when you go to the grocery store and something that you don't like is on sale? I doubt it.

#16 Strum Wealh

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,022 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

So... did someone propose this particular sale after having finished (re-)reading Blood Avatar? :)
"The story is notable as the first BattleTech/MechWarrior novel not to feature a 'Mech battle, strictly focusing on the murder mystery."

#17 Deathlike

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

If you don't like the sale, don't buy anything, it has no impact whatsoever on your experience in the game. Do you complain when you go to the grocery store and something that you don't like is on sale? I doubt it.


When you buy stuff at a grocery store, people tend to buy what they need, regardless of the price sometimes. That's not what is happening here.

When cost conscious people buy stuff at a grocery store, they get EVERY freaking paper checking out their wares and compare prices. As soon as the prices are within reason, people buy the cheapest product or whatever the best value of the options that have been gathered.

If the sale in another game is worth MORE to the person than the stuff in MWO, well, whose fault is that when the sale does not meet the player's value of the product?

Edited by Deathlike, 28 September 2013 - 06:16 PM.


#18 JudgeDeathCZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Too bad I have not MCs or money now.I would like to buy those colours :x .

#19 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 September 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:


When you buy stuff at a grocery store, people tend to buy what they need, regardless of the price sometimes. That's not what is happening here.

When cost conscious people buy stuff at a grocery store, they get EVERY freaking paper checking out their wares and compare prices. As soon as the prices are within reason, people buy the cheapest product or whatever the best value of the options that have been gathered.

If the sale in another game is worth MORE to the person than the stuff in MWO, well, whose fault is that when the sale does not meet the player's value of the product?



My point is that you are not forced to buy anything that is on sale to play this game. If you like MWO, you will play it whether something you want is on sale or not. If you find a sale that you like better in another game, then spend your money on that game. You can complain all you want, but the current sale will not change. Eventually there will be a sale that you will like and then you will have so much money saved up from not spending money on sales that you do not like, that you will be able to take full advantage of the sale that you do like, pretty simple concept.

#20 Dr B00t

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Posttheta123, on 28 September 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Also Warthunder awards 50 Eagles to every person that registers thanks to you. you can do ALOT with 50 eagles...

u can also get 500 or so more just playing through the early levels...which you can do something with...because they have good sales

View PostEd Steele, on 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:



My point is that you are not forced to buy anything that is on sale to play this game. If you like MWO, you will play it whether something you want is on sale or not. If you find a sale that you like better in another game, then spend your money on that game. You can complain all you want, but the current sale will not change. Eventually there will be a sale that you will like and then you will have so much money saved up from not spending money on sales that you do not like, that you will be able to take full advantage of the sale that you do like, pretty simple concept.

the point is this game is bleeding players and income left and right...have fun waiting 30 minutes to find players to grind against





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users