90 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

The solemn Stalker pilot perched himself upon a mangled Atlas, with a very injured expression upon his face he fell upon his knees to the cockpit floor. The puny plot of the story was so thin, however, when compared to the deep mystery through which he was groping, and he found his attention wander so continually from the action to the fact, that he at last flung it across the room and gave himself up entirely to a consideration of the events of the day. Supposing that this unhappy young man’s story were absolutely true, then what hellish thing, what absolutely unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred between the time when he parted from his father, and the moment when, drawn back by his screams, he rushed into the glade? It was something terrible and deadly. What could it be? Might not the nature of the injuries reveal something to my mechanical instincts?

Clearly killed in COLD BLOOD.

Grab the Raven RVN-3L, Quickdraw QKD-4G, Stalker STK-5M for 30% the MC price. No Cold Blooded killer is complete without a matching outfit to finish the job. Tartan permanent patterns are 50% off the regular MC price and is unlocked for all `Mechs within a Chassis type. Tartan Red, Blue & Green are 50% off.

For that extra vanir of senseless coring, Camo Blue Colors are 50% off the MC price.

#2 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Rofl.

#3 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

That was a really good match I was in the middle of :)

It's about time you created a way of gracefully clearing the queues so that you can restart those servers.

#4 Zendred

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Uh... yeah... Keep your day job, writing isn't your strong suit.

Thanks for more colors.

Edited by Zendred, 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postwarner2, on 27 September 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

That was a really good match I was in the middle of :)

It's about time you created a way of gracefully clearing the queues so that you can restart those servers.

I know you're probably sick of hearing this, but it's coming with UI 2.0.

#6 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Come on. ..you guys have really demonstrated you know how to get new players to spend thier MC in the first two week's sales some leaving beta for launch. ....not.

Seriously get a marketing or sales person on the team and build excitement in ways other than anemic attempts at sales on items people would rarely spend Cbills on, let alone MC.

You seem to really have missed the ramp in revenue launch week and the tournament would and could have provided.

#7 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

You know the launch event stream yesterday was really exciting, then these lame sales just put a bad taste back in my mouth.

Put a proper sale on for once!

#8 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

The cold blooded sale doesn't include the cobra skin?

#9 Chowda

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostJman5, on 27 September 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

I know you're probably sick of hearing this, but it's coming with UI 2.0.

UI 2.0 is bringing so much with it. Christmas, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and the Apocolypse. Can't wait!

#10 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Vanir?

Veneer?

#11 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

common sale. Pretty useful for someone.
I just don't buy mechs for MC, don't buy permanent patterns and already bought dark and light camo blue colors. :)

#12 Taren Avalis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGreat Gorge, Crucis March

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 September 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Vanir?

Veneer?

You know, Vanir. A subgroup of ancient Norse deities. Duh.

#13 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

yay, another sale. although I did like Niko's sales pitch lol

#14 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

The day they have the "Unacceptable Slap to the Face" sale is the day they master trolling on the internet. :)

#15 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

The solemn Stalker pilot perched himself upon a mangled Atlas, with a very injured expression upon his face he fell upon his knees to the cockpit floor. The puny plot of the story was so thin, however, when compared to the deep mystery through which he was groping, and he found his attention wander so continually from the action to the fact, that he at last flung it across the room and gave himself up entirely to a consideration of the events of the day. Supposing that this unhappy young man’s story were absolutely true, then what hellish thing, what absolutely unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred between the time when he parted from his father, and the moment when, drawn back by his screams, he rushed into the glade? It was something terrible and deadly. What could it be? Might not the nature of the injuries reveal something to my mechanical instincts?

I thought I'd rewrite this, something tells me English is not your native language, and some of the story doesn't make a lot of sense. No offence; your story was still interesting =p

He clambered onto the mangled Atlas corpse and gazed across its wrecked body, a solemn expression on his face. Locating what used to be the cockpit, he fell to his knees and searched carefully, a particular prize on his mind. Unable to place his cut and bruised hands on the treasure he searched for, he flung the useless wreckage in his grasp away and fell back into contemplation of the day's events. Supposing that the intercepted transmission were true, what hellish thing, what unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred moments after father and son separated? What could have caused such destruction in the few moments between their parting, and, drawn back by his screaming static, the discovery of his shattered 'mech? The Stalker pilot had searched in vain to ascertain the nature of his father's injuries. One thing was certain: this murder had been performed in cold blood.

Edited by Yosharian, 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#16 Rotlung666

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

lol, thanks Yosh, much better...

#17 Goreka Salazar

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

:) IGP/PGI, thats not fun anymore ...

Edited by Goreka Salazar, 27 September 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#18 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

/hides from the Pity Parade

#19 ceeon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

[x] voted for Hero Mechs on 30 % off Sale

[x] MC xx% off Sale

#20 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Oh, c`mon! Is that all your marketing? Look at Star Citizen - they bet on adult people and they got $20,000,000! You screwed all BattleTech fans and going for freshmeat that doesn`t really care about franchise and ain`t gonna pay you for this stupid colors.

Edited by ove bababoke, 27 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users