#21 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostYosharian, on 27 September 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

I thought I'd rewrite this, something tells me English is not your native language, and some of the story doesn't make a lot of sense. No offence; your story was still interesting =p

He clambered onto the mangled Atlas corpse and gazed across its wrecked body, a solemn expression on his face. Locating what used to be the cockpit, he fell to his knees and searched carefully, a particular prize on his mind. Unable to place his cut and bruised hands on the treasure he searched for, he flung the useless wreckage in his grasp away and fell back into contemplation of the day's events. Supposing that the intercepted transmission were true, what hellish thing, what unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred moments after father and son separated? What could have caused such destruction in the few moments between their parting, and, drawn back by his screaming static, the discovery of his shattered 'mech? The Stalker pilot had searched in vain to ascertain the nature of his father's injuries. One thing was certain: this murder had been performed in cold blood.

Hehehe, personally, I've just gotten use to the strange sentencing structure these stories seem to use. :)

View Postwarner2, on 27 September 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

That was a really good match I was in the middle of :rolleyes:

It's about time you created a way of gracefully clearing the queues so that you can restart those servers.

Or, I don't know, you could try to use your memory, and recall this happens EVERY week, so dropping just before 1pm Eastern or 11am Western (North American time) is you're own dang fault. Also, as stated, UI2.0 is supposed to fix this.

#22 ImperialParadox

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postwarner2, on 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

You know the launch event stream yesterday was really exciting, then these lame sales just put a bad taste back in my mouth.

Put a proper sale on for once!

What would have been fun would be if they had picked a VIP from each weight class in the tournament yesterday, and offered those mechs for sale today - better yet with the same loadout used by the VIP's. Give people a chance to buy a "tournament-winning mech."

#23 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Nothing including a quickdraw for MC should ever be considered anything short of a charity drive.

Alms, alms for the poor. Buy a Quickdraw feed a dev!

#24 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

The solemn Stalker pilot perched himself against his computer tower, with a very injured expression upon his face he fell upon his knees to the bedroom floor. The puny content of the game was so thin, however, when compared to the Mousepad through which he was clutching, and he found his mouse cursor wander so continually from the action to the fact, that he at last flung his mouse across the room and gave himself up entirely to a consideration of the events of that day. Supposing that this unhappy young man’s story were absolutely true, then what hellish thing, what absolutely unforeseen and extraordinary calamity could have occurred between the time when he parted from his internet, and the moment when, drawn back by his screams of nine-year-old-FPS-Players, he rushed into the glade? It was something terrible and deadly. What could it be? Might not the nature of the internet reveal something to my melancholy interjections?

Clearly disconnected in COLD BOOT.

fixed for relevance

#25 Roger Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Cool sale, just picked up Tartan Blue and Light Camo Blue.

#26 Neonlite

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

As he peered deep into the dark crevices of the mangled cockpit, a flickering reflection of the flames defined that which he was seeking....

YES

YES

My Precious.....

#27 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Vanir being the mortal enemies of my kind, Cimmerian, i shall drop my professionalism and kill each and every one of you sporting those colors for pure joy and not Cbills. Might even give the game a meaning.

Edited by DAYLEET, 27 September 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#28 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sooo, no fire sale anymore for the (former) trial mechs? Know we sell them only with 30% discount?
Tststs...
Also, great game; the QKD was on sale last week.
I'm sure the demand was astonishingly high. :)

At least it's good to see camo and colours on sale.

#29 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

found this on another site (now realize this is just for a patch sale and these are in-game currency items...not MC style):

x5 experience for the first victory

up to 50% special discount for modifications and purchase prices of 1.35 Update new planes:
  • — Fw-190A-5 (with 4 cannons) — tier 10
  • — Bf.109E-1 — tier 5
  • — La-5 37 series — tier 7
  • — La-5F 39 series — tier 8
  • — Yak-3P — tier 11
  • — MiG-15 — tier 20
  • — North American F-86-F25 Sabre — tier 20
  • — North American F-86-F2 Sabre — tier 20
  • — Curtiss P-36G Hawk — tier 4
  • — Spitfire MK. IIa — tier 5
  • — Spitfire LF. MK. IX (with Merlin 66 engine) — tier 13
  • — Spitfire F. MK. IX (with Merlin 61 engine) — tier 10
  • — Ki-102 — tier 10

that's how you hype a game and get people to play...you had a friggin launch and this is what we get?

no money for you

#30 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sales are good and I appreciate that they keep happening.

I'll pick up a color. I've never tried the 3L so perhaps I'll give that a whirl too.

I'd like more Hero Mech sales, if possible.

#31 Darramouss

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I know I'm just one of the new guys, but I love how often MWO has sales!! The amount of sales on the other MMOs I play are as rare as hen's teeth. Granted, I'm not going to make use of this sale as these items aren't on my list of shiny things to collect, but I'm sure they're on someone's list and I'm sure that the items I want will be on sale soon enough.

#32 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

I WANT TO GET TO BUY T-SHIRTS AND SWEATSHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by amenophis, 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#33 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

It's funny how people can never see that the world and relevance does not rotate around them. Something one person does not care about may actually be exciting to another person. I can comb the internet and find a hundred sales that I could care less about and make no sense to me.....but that does not make them universally useless.

This sale doesn't interest you? Cool, move along.....move along.

They just put two very popular hero mechs on 30% off 2 weeks ago. Along with XP conversion, and several other things. What, do you want a major sale every week? Kinda assumes a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "sale".

Food for thought.

#34 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Again, PGI fails at marketing. I realized that their programming is not so bad (if you look at their experience) but the marketing of these guys is horrible.

#35 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 27 September 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Again, PGI fails at marketing. I realized that their programming is not so bad (if you look at their experience) but the marketing of these guys is horrible.

They need to hire some serious business people. Guys in suits. Or girls in suits. Someone in a suit at least.

#36 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostThumper3, on 27 September 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

What, do you want a major sale every week? Kinda assumes a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "sale".

Bbbbbbbut, in good 'ol Murica, everyday is a good excuse for a sale:

It's Christmas, buy a new car!

It's the new year , buy a new car!

It's Valentine's day, buy a new car!

It's Memorial Day, buy a new car!

It's Wednesday, buy a new car!

I hope you get my drift.

Edited by Mystere, 27 September 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#37 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Niko,
Please drop a hint about when the Boar's Head will be available, if you can. Thanks.

#38 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

I do enjoy the weekly fix of "surprise" when the latest patch update / sale / quasi-sale goes out. If its good, Like the one with XP Conversion, Premium Time, and Firebrand, great! and if its a "same-old" then well, till next week then. No problem. I have come to really look forward to the once in a while good sale. Nothing beats the ??That's All?? Launch though. I support the Tournament Champion Mech Config Sale!

#39 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

See those mechs on sale? Those are actually mechs on the trial rotation before the launch day, so it's actually "Trial by Fire" in reverse... except that every newbie that were in those trial mechs were murdered in cold blood by other players and veterans that had custom mechs.

Instead of more griping, here's my Cold Blood sale story:

Feeling blue? It might be because I nailed you with Large Lasers in cold blood.

See that Raven? I legged that chicken in cold blood.

See that Quickdraw? I backshot it in cold blood.

See that Stalker? That crazy person shot you in cold blood.

There we go. It wasn't special, but it was quick and painless. Now if I could only obliterate bad sale pitches in cold blood.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 September 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#40 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Sweet, I was thinking of getting blue for Steiner and this sale was perfect timing.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users