#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

My point is that you are not forced to buy anything that is on sale to play this game. If you like MWO, you will play it whether something you want is on sale or not. If you find a sale that you like better in another game, then spend your money on that game. You can complain all you want, but the current sale will not change. Eventually there will be a sale that you will like and then you will have so much money saved up from not spending money on sales that you do not like, that you will be able to take full advantage of the sale that you do like, pretty simple concept.

The point of a sale is to get people already willing to pay interested in what you're selling. This isn't really one of them. You can certainly play this game w/o paying a cent, but if every sale is as badly marketed, let alone what is being sold, you're not going to make a profit.

Sales in a supermarket, like other games are far more frequent, if not more worthwhile. You can get by w/o buying cookies (especially if you're on a diet), but when you can buy 2 for the price of 1, value comes into play as people will loosen their wallets a little if they get what's already enticing. That's how a sale should feel like to a player.

I'm not marketing genius, but as a consumer, value is always determined by what you are willing to pay, particularly when a sale is involved. Not all sales are equal, but you must grasp what the "actual value" of a product is, even if it happens to be all digital. The feedback in the thread has the intent to tell PGI "we want more sales of X and Y, not E and F". That's should be something PGI should be paying more attention to.

Besides, the sale most people are looking for last I checked are MC sales, followed by cheaper colors. MC sales last occurred last year IIRC.

Also, that money you speak of that's being saved up... chances are with the kinds of players that exist these days... are being spent elsewhere. That's not saving up money... that's losing the sales wars to the competition. It's hard to find a player these days that don't dabble in other games. When this game gets too depressing or repetitive, I play another game (which can be repetitive, but at least more enjoyable). So, it's difficult to assume that most players would stick to just one game... the wallets dictate where most of where the time is best spent for a person.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#22 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Just because the sale doesn't appeal to you specifically doesn't mean the sale is a failure overall.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostHeffay, on 29 September 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Just because the sale doesn't appeal to you specifically doesn't mean the sale is a failure overall.

Well, I've seen sales on "Awesomes" and other bad mechs/variants fall into that category.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 September 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#24 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostSybreed, on 27 September 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

too late Niko, we know it was you

Yeah we knew it from the begining

#25 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent