66 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Crashed to Desktop? Fatal Error? Frozen? Let us know what happened here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps?
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler]

In some cases we've seen that deleting the shaders folder and relaunching the game will solve these crashes and related issues.

Simply delete the shaders folder located here by default:
C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders
Otherwise, please use our new repair tool, which will verify your game directory files and repair any file issues:http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/
Remember to contact us at support@mwomercs.com with your dxdiag for additional 1-to-1 support from our Game Masters!

#2 Fat Amy

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Well. 1st try to play with the new patch. Ta-da: FRead-Error again. So no fix there yet. Here goes hoping for the next patch.

No further info needed, since this issue has been known for month and month. Support obviuosly does´nt have a clue what to do about it.

;) :P

#3 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Second game - crash to home; a friend also froze up at the same time but recovered half a minute later. Saw a couple DC right from the beginning of the match.

Not looking good.

#4 DamienJnr

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationSlightly behind the back of beyond

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Crashed on new map. Testing mountain climbing. Also no new game available. Server crash?

#5 Kelito

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 October 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

[color=#959595]We have uncovered a critical issue which is requiring the server to go under another quick and temporary maintenance of approximately half an hour. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to get you back into the Mech action as soon as possible. [/color]

Thank you for letting us know so soon Niko...

#6 Blackbass

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Played 3 matches so far with no issues. Now i'm getting failed to find server but i see the servers are down for 30 mins to fix a critical issue. Although i have only seen about 15% of the new map, I like it.

Thanks....

Edited by Blakbas1 USA, 01 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#7 Durankil

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

first game crashed, second game crashed again, traininggrounds functions, tried too lock in with another mech "no match found"

#8 Raistlic

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Game crashed when a Boar's Head went down. Is there still that issue with Atlas chassis with a 400 XL bringing the game down when the mech gets destroyed?

#9 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Started first game after patch and everyone else in the game froze in position or stayed running in place. I was able to move all over but could not interact with anyone. Restarted the game all over and noticed the server button on the patch screen was red. I was able to get to the main screen and hit search but now always get a cannot find a match error. Almost every time there has been a patch there is a problem. OOps sorry did not see the other post about server coming down again.

Edited by amenophis, 01 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#10 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Freezing issue is still there.

- game freezes with no error message (often when turning the torso using mouse or randomly any time in game)
- game freeze is present on testing grounds/movement training/matches
- sound loops still play like the cockpit hum and mechanical sound of torso twist
- only way to get out is to kill the process
- i play on low settings
- core2duo 2.8ghz / Ati 4650 1GB / 6GB ram

waiting for next patch

#11 Tarl Dichari

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well, I've been running this game for months and months, NO ISSUES at all. Today, AFTER the patch...I can hardly finish a game without a crash. I had 1 crash to desktop after the game started.......I had another lockup ie, the mouse pointer was stuck and would not move after exiting a game. After the crash to desktop I restarted the client and entered another game with a different mech to try it out.........as soon as we engaged in battle (after a few min) another crash........this time, MWO-online has stopped responding popped on my screen briefly, then crash to desktop again. So apparently something got broke in the patch.

#12 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

i finally got the game to not crash and now its back, my fps went up but what good is that when you freeze up?i used to freeze for 30 seconds now i freeze and lock up and need to control alt delete.

Edited by Gorantir, 01 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#13 Megahard

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Same as always, locking up with a frozen screen then crashing to desktop. Specs are fine, heat is fine, it just likes to crash,

#14 mooky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALHENA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Crashed at load UI / pre-round lance selection screen.

Specifically, the UI stopped responding, couldn't click the ready button, and then the timer ticked down, and at "launch" the game crashed to main mechwarrior "login" screen with popup "session lost" ... this happened at approximately 6:50pm PST tonight, October 01, 2013

#15 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

crashed to the desktop 4 times out of the last 12 games. also seeing other people in game disconnecting. this current patch is much less stable than the last. error message "lost connection to server" or somthing

#16 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have never crashed, but with the new patch I keep getting disconnected from the game ("Server connection lost") and from matches (kicking me out without even loading areas) every minute. Even after the hotfix.

Edited by lunticasylum, 01 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#17 BillHones

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKerbin

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

hello. not sure if this is in right spot. in between drops and in a rush. my hunchback 4sp on river city night and new map, takes off without pressing w at start. no throttle decay. throttle windows showed full throttle. also time to go to full throttle is faster than usual. not an elite issue. then the last issue with the throttle is when I press b to view map, the throttle lowers by itself, then rises when I exit map. very strange.

#18 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Also, I started getting lags that either keep or kick me out of the game. My ping does not lose packets though.

#19 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Results for 6 matches:
1. Launched the UI, I got disconnected to the logon screen five times. Four of them said: "Connection the Server Lost".
2. Launched a game with Atlas. Crashed straight away to the UI with no messages. The 'Mech got locked.
3. Launched a game with Ilya. All went fine.
4. Launched a game with Atlas. Got 1 long lag (20 seconds), and a 15-second one leading me to the UI again. Pinged out.
5. Launched a game with Jagermech. Crashed to UI in the middle of the game.
6. Launched a game with Ilya. Crashed at the end of the game to UI after a small lag that is not at my ISP.

Overall: not a good patch and hotfix. I cannot play anymore.

Launched ping and tracert after and before each game. No packets were lost. The ping speed was normal.

I have not changed any settings, nor have done something unordinary.

Edited by lunticasylum, 01 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#20 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Yesterday I did a bunch of drops on the new map... Seems to go fine though the game froze up a couple times. Completely unresponsive, would not even close out until I went into the task manager and ended the process manually.

Today I noticed some severe rubberbanding in the new map, as well as a ~10 second delay in my advanced zoom and weapon firing after being pressed. (My ping was 41 at the time, so it's not on my side)

I'm also getting a -lot- of game freezes today. 3 so far within less than 10 matches.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users