66 replies to this topic

#41 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

So what's up with all the server crashes?

Seems to be every weekend the servers barf. Usually night time, for me its around 10PM eastern and goes into the early morning hours. This is the second weekend in a row where we see multiple disconnects on back to back matches, this is occuring server side and many people in the next match will ask if anyone else is getting disconnected. Weirdly its not everyone always, like tonight one match we lost about 6 people right at the end, 3 of which where in my drop, but it didn't lose me. Match before that it dumped all of us. "Session was lost"

So what gives, too many players for you to handle? Seeing how it is mostly on weekend end nights?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Meta

Edited by Meta 2013, 05 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#42 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Well I'm getting sick of the stupid random 'crash to desktop', 'crash to mechlab' or straight up 'session lost'... seriously no issues until launch occurred and it happens only on the weekends when I'm trying play during my primetime in AUS.

I know it's nothing with my specs or internet... so the question comes down to how overloaded are your servers getting? And why isn't a fix/solution being sort?

#43 Mackensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

It is worse now! Complete random freeze. Black screen. Can't recover with Ctrl + Alt + Del + Esc.

P L E A S E F I X T H E D A M N G A M E

#44 Armadill0

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany, Munich

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

I am also experiencing freezes since the last patch. Today I had three game freezes (had to kill it via the taskmanager), which I never had before. No changes have been made to the system (besides Windows Updates).

Edited by Armadill0, 06 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#45 Pz_DC

• Private
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have no words... Realy... Few sec ago game crashed with cry engine error at 8th time when I try to play it... 8 !!! One by one, 8 times it crashes with different (!!) cry engine errors!!! What the **** else You want to hear?! 6th patch and still no ******* changes - game is totaly ****** up with those errors. I was patient after 2nd, 3rd and even 4th weeks of this nightmarel, but now its altready not even 5th - but 7th week and totaly no changes that i can see! **** all content, **** all - just give me my game, as it was untill august!... PLASE...

P.S. why i didnt say system spec and error text? becouse 1st was told few times already, and 2nd are... guys do You realy think that memory allocation for each byte of code is important to tell? I dont know what are safe place in this game's code - it looks like its all corrupted... Yes, I've try fix it - no changes. Yes, I've try to re-install etc - no changes....Sorry but I cant rly be more patient and give You more info - You already have more then enoth of it... It crashes at start, when game is in progress - only safe place are main menu etc.

Edited by MGA121285, 06 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#46 Ahasver

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

The New Map crashes about 90% of the time for me.
I had the negative Countdown now 3 times.
I had disconnect during the game about 3 times
and I could actually play the map only 2 times.

This does not happen on any other map.

#47 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Session lost @10:35 PM EDT ... Hello ...Knock Knock PGI ... whats going on? Talk to us ... acknowledge you know YOU have a problem and are working on it... Hello... this isn't beta anymore, paying customers would like some support for issues...

#48 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Crashing on occasion would be fine - if you could rejoin the battle. This is the main issue here. You gotta be able to rejoin the battle after crashing. Combine this with the joke that we call MM that launches games with not enough players and we've got a disaster in our hands. Just half an hour ago I joined a battle. In the ready screen it looked for a long time that it was gonna be 10 vs 12. Well, in the last second we got an 11th player at least. But then one crashed. So there we are, 10 vs 12, great, ain't it? Crashing aside, what's the reason for launching a game hoping that there's gonna be enough players? Don't launch it until there's 12 players on each side, please. I'd much rather get a "battle not found" -message than having to play with less than 12 players on my team. Not having a battle at all is better than having a battle with uneven force.

Edited by arghmace, 09 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#49 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since the last patch I've been crashing about once every 10 games. Are your QA guys not playing 10 games in a row, OR, is it your product managers deciding broken stuff is ok as long as the piece that processes cash isn't broken?

#50 Pilou

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Session lost at least 4 or 5 times this morning (Europe zone)...
Now I'm starting to regret I spent money...
What's going on?

#51 WrathBorne112

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Hello.After the patch,i found a MAJOR nuisance about the crashings and all.Got blackscreen 3 TIMES! Every crashing tend to happen if i play for 30 minutes or so.One also sent me back to desktop.Idk how to fix it and i get very upset about not getting to my matches.game. Very strange? huh?
Besides that,the crash only happens when im in maps such as Alpine Peak,River City and Frozen City.
Ok,thats all! Hope there is a good patch! Good Bye! ;)

Edited by WrathBorne112, 10 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#52 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Apologies for not posting sooner, yes we've been tracking the freezing issue internally for a while now, we've recently managed to reproduce it internally (though sadly still not consistently) as far as we've been able to determine at this point something in the skinning system is deadlocking when it occurs. This isn't code we've touched much and has been largely used as is so not sure what may have changed recently to make it more unstable, we're continuing to investigate and track this so rest assured it is getting attention as soon as we know more as always we'll update the community.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime while we continue to investigate, and sorry that this one slipped through testing, we're starting wider soak tests internally shortly on more diverse hardware that should give us a greater chance of catching these types of issues in future before they get to live.

#53 Tyrist

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

YARG I KEEP CRASHING WITH NO WARNING MESSAGES!!!

#54 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostTyrist, on 10 October 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

YARG I KEEP CRASHING WITH NO WARNING MESSAGES!!!
LOL, I'm sorry but the programmer in me just had to point out the following:

If you get messages, it's not a 'crash' but an 'automated shut down'.

It only qualifies as a 'crash' if you don't get messages.

#55 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

My game freezes at least a couple, if not more than a couple times each evening. The freezes always happen either during the countdown/ready-up screen, or at the end of the match, waiting for the stats/score screen to show up. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del/task manager to close the game. I do not get a 'program not responding' message or anything. Just a plain-ole-freeze. I believe this crash is new since the patch that brought out the ready-up pre-game screen was introduced. (Oct. 2)

Spoiler

#56 MrDoggss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Crash to desktop, no error message. Client just closes. Happens every time I group, after Launch, and before ready screen. 5 out of 8 matches tonight. Been happening since last patch. Verified 3 times.

Sys Info:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/28/12 16:12:31 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16268MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Edited by MrDoggss, 10 October 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#57 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 10 October 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Apologies for not posting sooner, yes we've been tracking the freezing issue internally for a while now, we've recently managed to reproduce it internally (though sadly still not consistently) as far as we've been able to determine at this point something in the skinning system is deadlocking when it occurs. This isn't code we've touched much and has been largely used as is so not sure what may have changed recently to make it more unstable, we're continuing to investigate and track this so rest assured it is getting attention as soon as we know more as always we'll update the community.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime while we continue to investigate, and sorry that this one slipped through testing, we're starting wider soak tests internally shortly on more diverse hardware that should give us a greater chance of catching these types of issues in future before they get to live.

Thank you.
Its a relief to know that this bug is being investigated by the devs right now.

#58 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Out of last 6 battles in Terra Therma 5 have crashed in the ready room. Below is the error log from last case.

https://www.dropbox....011_Omicron.log

I've ran repair tool and also checked the pak files' integrity with 7zip. No errors found.

#59 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I've been having a fair number of freezes on the new Ready screen. Often after I've clicked the Ready button and am awaiting the start of the match, sometimes during the power-up sequence, the game will stop responding and the screen will freeze. In past these would often clear witha ctl-alt-del and then switching back to the game, but these new freezes don't recover.

If there any additional information I could provide to help track this down?

Win 7 home premium 64bit, 16GB ram, etc etc.

#60 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Mass time-out again this weekend... 2:50pm (GMT+10)... seriously another weekend crash. Upgrade that server capacity!

Entire 12 team got 'Session Lost' at the same time... fix your network and servers...

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users