• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:40 PM

View Posttorsie, on 03 June 2024 - 06:25 AM, said:

some people also say even big 7 is good. Posted Image

Those people are wrong. As far as I know, the opportunity costs for targeting computers get pretty steep after about three tons - if you look at Epikt's link, you'll notice that the beam range bonus starts at 4% and goes up by 1% each ton, while other bonuses are proportional. So TCs are slightly less valuable for beam weapons as you add tonnage, but only slightly - the key is the value of what you're giving up for range and crit bonuses on those lasers.

With 8ERLLs, you're going to have a LOT of heat: fiddle with your engine, upgrades, and tonnage to max out your heat sinks, then see what tonnage you have left over. If you can afford it without being too slow (or fragile, don't forget armor stripping,) pop out a heat sink and fill some or all of its space with TC.

#10322 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 09:29 PM

There are few very niche build with large TCs, but they are not for quick play but for extreme long range in faction play or comp. At the top of my head, I remember having a Nova Cat with ERLLas or a ERLLas+gauss Corsair with large TCs. But again, no point in QP.
For most builds a TC1, or a 2 or 3 if for some reason it fits the build, is the sweet spot.

#10323 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 04 June 2024 - 11:50 AM

Thank you I will try small computer, I already have max engine and 15 heat sinks, so I wanted something else. Posted Image

#10324 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 June 2024 - 01:53 PM

With 8 ERLLs, you can literally never have enough heat sinks.

#10325 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 06 June 2024 - 10:57 AM

Hi, can I donate MCs or C-bills from my account to another player? Ive commited a terrible sin and want to apologise to him.

#10326 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 11:00 AM

View PostExoForce, on 06 June 2024 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hi, can I donate MCs or C-bills from my account to another player? Ive commited a terrible sin and want to apologise to him.
Not possible.

#10327 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 June 2024 - 07:31 PM

View PostExoForce, on 06 June 2024 - 10:57 AM, said:

Correct, you cannot donate funds you already have BUT you can purchase MC from the Gift Store /Booster and provide him with the claim code.

https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts

#10328 RavenBranch

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 09:43 AM

Does laser duration affect PPC's/Plas Cannons at all? and how does the heat generation on plasma cannons work?

#10329 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 09:56 AM

View PostRavenBranch, on 17 June 2024 - 09:43 AM, said:

Does laser duration affect PPC's/Plas Cannons at all? and how does the heat generation on plasma cannons work?

Laser duration only affect lasers, so nope. PPCs have no duration anyway ^^
About the plasma cannons, I suppose you mean the heat inflicted on the target. I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like a heat spike like when you shoot one, just smaller. Iirc, unlike the flamers, it does not have a heat cap.

edit: new player! Welcome! <3

Edited by epikt, 17 June 2024 - 09:58 AM.

#10330 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 10:09 AM

Does laser duration affect PPC's/Plas Cannons at all?
No, it does not.

and how does the heat generation on plasma cannons work?
Read this:

Piranha Games Inc. said:

Heat Damage: 0.25 (this will result in 1-2% based on the heat capacity of the mech)
(Note: Not all of the Heat Damage in the Plasma Cannon is in the primary damage, some is in the splash damage as well. In order to land full heat damage on your target, you must hit them in a torso component. Hitting a limb will result in only 2/3 of the heat damage being dealt as some splash damage is lost)
Essentially, the heat damage is almost negligible.

#10331 RavenBranch

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 01:23 PM

View Postmartian, on 17 June 2024 - 10:09 AM, said:

No, it does not.

Read this:
Essentially, the heat damage is almost negligible.

was hoping to toast some of the laser mechs i see everywhere but unless they vomit not happening huh?

#10332 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 June 2024 - 03:06 PM

View PostRavenBranch, on 17 June 2024 - 01:23 PM, said:

was hoping to toast some of the laser mechs i see everywhere but unless they vomit not happening huh?

It might cause them to take a little more overheat damage if you boat the plasma cannons. Say you have 6 of them, firing leftside/rightside. Every time you hit with that combo, it'll push a 'mech's heat up by 1.5. That's... probably 10% of an optimized laser boat's cooling within the cooldown window of that gun. So it's not nothing, but it's not very much, and players are going to notice the damage a lot more. Think of the heat generated as a bonus, but not the reason you bring the Plasma Cannon.

#10333 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 08:12 PM

View PostRavenBranch, on 17 June 2024 - 01:23 PM, said:

The in-game effect is so weak that I guess that the majority of players do not even know that such heat effect actually exists.

#10334 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 June 2024 - 08:20 AM

Adding heat to your target can very easily become an unfair denial weapon if it were too strong. Also, if they're above 90% heat already, I think I read it won't add more, like with flamers.

#10335 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 941 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 June 2024 - 09:34 PM

I want a Jade Falcon sashimono (hata jirusi?) on my King crab.
So, can I use - dunno - DC sashimono and put decals on that?
Because some ******* forgot to make bolt-ons' setup to properly set (hey, Clans use spheroid models, just sayin'!)...

#10336 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 03:16 AM

Hum... you know you can say "flag", right? That's the name in the MWO mechlab, and it would help those who want to give you an answer but don't speak Japanese, or just don't want to do a google search for your sake...

Anyway, no, you can't apply a decal on a bolt-on.

#10337 Robaxacet

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 19 June 2024 - 08:53 AM

For AP Gauss and Magshots, what explodes when damaged? The weapon itself like larger Gauss Rifles or the ammo?

#10338 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 09:18 AM

View PostRobaxacet, on 19 June 2024 - 08:53 AM, said:

For AP Gauss and Magshots, what explodes when damaged? The weapon itself like larger Gauss Rifles or the ammo?
Both weapons do explode.

Their ammo does not explode.

#10339 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 712 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 02 July 2024 - 05:11 AM

I'm looking at the Solaris 7 mech pack, how would you rate these hero mechs compared to the standard variants and to the other "normal" heroes? Basically, are these mechs good / unique, or just average?

#10340 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 July 2024 - 08:08 AM

Here's about those I own:
- Griffin Ares: kicks ***, 3 snubs and rampage (the main weakness is the weapons being on the arms, I often end games without my left snub)
- Urbie Street Cleaner: faster than other Urbanmechs (higher engine cap + quirk) but tbh I don't find it fantastic
- Mad Dog Revenant: 2 CT hardpoints make it a unique MDD, and allow for strong laser vomit (weakness: low mounts and weak legs, but strong mech anyway)
- Firestarter Firestorm: I like it with 3 LPPCs and 4 magshots

I don't have it, but the Dao Breaker have an interresting laser HSL+1 quirk, allowing for 3 binaries + ERMLas.
No idea what you can do on the 2 assault mechs.

At 15$, it looks like a good deal to me, assuming you don't have those mech already.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook