#7201 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostTesunie, on 15 January 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

As far as my knowledge goes, I believe it is as soon as the weapon starts to shoot is when the Ghost Heat timer is set. So, it's at the start of the laser beam, the start of the wave of LRMs (for Clan versions) and as soon as the first AC shell leaves the barrel (for clan ACs).

I will give some margin that I could be completely wrong on this, but this is what I last had heard and it follows through with the basics of what I have experienced.

I'm sure that's how it is.
Lasers are 100% sure the heat penalty starts when you fire, independent on any beam duration.
And the rest should be the same, but only 99% sure :)

#7202 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostXaius, on 15 January 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Okay, I'm sure someone has asked this before, but I simply cannot find the answer anywhere.
How do I increase the volume of my teamates audio, the soundeffects are always way louder and I can never hear them.

Go into the in game settings. For this, you should see a gear symbol on the bottom right of your home screen. From there, select audio settings and adjust the sliders. There is a specific section for VOIP, and I believe you would wish to adjust the Playback levels. However, shy of that, you can also turn down in game volumes (leave the master alone most likely) so that the game sounds are quieter. Then, just turn up your speaker volume, which makes the game "the same volume" but the voices from VOIP would still be much louder. (I've done this with my computer as a whole.)

#7203 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostTercieI, on 15 January 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

I wish this forum's search function didn't suck.

The order is (per Karl Berg an subsequent testing): CT-RT-LT-LA-RA-LL-RL-HD

Wasn't that also the order in which voltron is formed? (mind, it only has center torso... no XL engines back in those days ;)

#7204 Mercu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi all,

Why is it that my Maddog's always launch their LRMs in a stream with the cooldown starting when the last missile is released when other mechs launch in clusters with the cooldown starting sooner and causing more precise damage? Especially as their are enough miles tubes in the torso to fire all at once?! Perplexed.

Cheers, Mercu.

#7205 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

View PostMercu, on 17 January 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Hi all,

Why is it that my Maddog's always launch their LRMs in a stream with the cooldown starting when the last missile is released when other mechs launch in clusters with the cooldown starting sooner and causing more precise damage? Especially as their are enough miles tubes in the torso to fire all at once?! Perplexed.

Cheers, Mercu.

This is due to the difference between Clan LRMs and IS LRMs I believe. All Clan LRMs shoot out as a stream instead of as a burst. The Ghost Heat cooldown (0.5 seconds) applies at the very start of the missile launch, but the weapon cooldown doesn't start until the last missile leaves the tube. This can also effective some IS mechs, who's number of tubes avalible may be less than the size of the launcher. (Known on the Atlas, which some of it's visual launchers can only get to 5 or 10 tubes.)

As the Maddog all too often has 6 LRM systems, it will often be more noticeable as it streams them out, compared to other clan mechs which often have fewer launchers. So it isn't specific to the Maddog, but instead to all Clan mechs that use LRMs. It's just more noticeable on a mech like the Maddog.

#7206 Mercu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

Shame. But thanks nonetheless.

#7207 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Does the "Damage done" number in the post-battle scoreboard include team damage or not?

#7208 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 19 January 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Does the "Damage done" number in the post-battle scoreboard include team damage or not?

In one of my more memorable early fails with a light mech I actually scored zero damage with 5 points team damage. So, unless they've changed it since, I would say NO.

#7209 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Makes sense. I've just scored one of my own memorable fails - 500/150 (still won, and that poor teammate somehow survived). Was wondering if 150 is part of those 500. If not, then I could do worse, I suppose :)

#7210 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 19 January 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Makes sense. I've just scored one of my own memorable fails - 500/150 (still won, and that poor teammate somehow survived). Was wondering if 150 is part of those 500. If not, then I could do worse, I suppose Posted Image

It is definitely not part of the damage done figure.
Also, people get mixed up with the team damaged displayed post match. The post match numbers display both TEAM DAMAGE and C-BILLS LOST due to team damage.

So that said, you sure you did 150 team damage and did not just lose 150 c-bills?
150 team damage is right on the border of gross negligence and down right intentional.

#7211 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 19 January 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

So that said, you sure you did 150 team damage and did not just lose 150 c-bills?
150 team damage is right on the border of gross negligence and down right intentional.

Oh, it is easy to get those mixed up. I've had friends on comms before saying "I couldn't have done that much damage to a teammate", only to find out a moment later that they did like 5 damage instead...

Though I did a dozy of team damage one match myself. I did something like 148 team damage from a single strike that... apparently my teammates walked into (but it did hit the enemy too). I still dealt more damage to the enemy, and my teammate(s) did still somehow survive (and we won)... And then we had to wait a 5 min penalty for it... (first offense for the day. I'm surprised it was so long...)

My unit learned something, keep the strikes out of Tesunie's controls... Posted Image

Then we laughed it off. Posted Image

#7212 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 19 January 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

The post match numbers display both TEAM DAMAGE and C-BILLS LOST due to team damage.

I have confused these numbers with each other once or twice before, but now I know where to look for what. Yes, I did 150 team damage. I could swear that guy had no icon above his head whatsoever, and he was walking among enemies, so I kept hammering him with 4 LPLs. And then suddenly a blue icon appeared.

A better question is: how could I do 150 - some of which was in the back - and still not drop him!

Edited by DavidStarr, 19 January 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#7213 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 19 January 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I have confused these numbers with each other once or twice before, but now I know where to look for what. Yes, I did 150 team damage. I could swear that guy had no icon above his head whatsoever, and he was walking among enemies, so I kept hammering him with 4 LPLs. And then suddenly a blue icon appeared.

A better question is: how could I do 150 - some of which was in the back - and still not drop him!

Hit reg. Sometimes, hit reg will not apply the damage, but yet it rewards you with the damage count at the end of match screen.

I once ended a match with 300+ damage fighting only a single light mech. My team won by elimination of all enemies. I ended up having only 1 assist... I didn't even pierce the light mech's armor. With 300+ damage.

I don't know what happened, but it was very strange...

#7214 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

Or, it could be that not all of this team damage was dealt to one mech, now that I think about... It was a chaotic game full of close-range brawling on Mining Collective, let's leave it at that :)

#7215 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

I don't get faction loyalty points at all as a merc? Somehow I thought I'd get some, just less than a loyalist would...

#7216 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 20 January 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I don't get faction loyalty points at all as a merc? Somehow I thought I'd get some, just less than a loyalist would...

You get Mercenary reputation points instead.

#7217 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

150 team damage sounds bad but many of us have had games, like that time in a Run Hot or Die tournoument match when I dropped arty on the enemy location at the same time as our drop caller ordered everyone to push, I finished the game with 3 kills, unfortunately the enemy team all survived the match.

As for 300 damage against just a Light Mech, that sounds a bit suspicious, yes a 35 ton Mech does have enough armor and structure to survive that much damage but it certainly should not have much if any armor left and would most likely have destroyed componants

#7218 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Why no weapons that fire like darts? Like in most Science Fiction? It's just pew pew pew, beam beam beam?

#7219 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 706 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostTercieI, on 20 January 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

You get Mercenary reputation points instead.

But I won't get mechbays with Mercenary points?

#7220 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 20 January 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

But I won't get mechbays with Mercenary points?

Look at the merc progression line. I do believe that there are mechbays to be found as the rewards. I'd have to boot up my game to find out where exactly to locate it, but it's either in or near where the loyalist progression is...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users