10297 replies to this topic

#81 SuriViruS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

AIR/Artillery Strikes: Are we able to hear or see incoming strikes ?

#82 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Don't know about now, but I never heard them incoming before they landed. This is the warning you get.

#83 Suspect

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

PPC and ERPPC have an EMP effect that will disable an enemies ECM for 4 seconds. The PPC does 0 damage at 90 meters or less.

Does the PPC disable ECM under 90m?

I am engaged with 2 enemy mechs, both have ECM. I hit one with an ERPPC can I lock my SSRM's on that mech?

Does the EMP effect of ECM stack with any other ECM counter?

#84 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Here's a link for the bit Koniving is talking about:
http://www.youtube.c...eCAJa7_DPY#t=87

View PostSuspect, on 17 October 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

I am engaged with 2 enemy mechs, both have ECM. I hit one with an ERPPC can I lock my SSRM's on that mech?

No, it'll still be covered by the other mech, just as if it was a non-ecm carrying mech you'd hit with a PPC.

View PostSuspect, on 17 October 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Does the EMP effect of ECM stack with any other ECM counter?

Guessing you meant EMP effect of the PPC?

Then yes. If you're fighting two enemies with ECM, you have a BAP or ECM in counter and you PPC one of them you won't be effected by ECM for the four seconds the EMP lasts.

Edited by Mahws, 17 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#85 Suspect

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostMahws, on 17 October 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Guessing you meant EMP effect of the PPC?

Then yes. If you're fighting two enemies with ECM, you have a BAP or ECM in counter and you PPC one of them you won't be effected by ECM for the four seconds the EMP lasts.

Yea that's what I meant, thanks.

Edited by Suspect, 17 October 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#86 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

(Link went to the artillery strike which occured while I was talking, then the airstrike shortly after. But yes that one Mahws posted goes directly to the airstrike. Sadly there's only a visual warning. Nothing more.)

#87 Heavenly Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

location priorities for ammo storage? where after head and legs?

#88 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ammo usage pattern...

HD --> CT --> RT --> LT--> LA --> RA--> LL--> RL

Generally I fill the CT next

#89 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostHeavenly Angel, on 17 October 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

location priorities for ammo storage? where after head and legs?

If you mean "Where should I put them to minimize explosion risk/losing ammo before I die" then it depends on the mech. Like scJazz said CT is usually a safe bet because that's the second place ammo gets used from after the head, so chances are you'll have used it before it becomes an explosion risk. For some mechs with huge CT (e.g. Dragon) you can put it wherever, as the chances of losing an arm/side torso before the CT are pretty slim. For a mech like an Atlas arms are less of a good choice because you lose them fairly frequently.

That being said ammo explosions are very rare (the ammo needs to be destroyed by crit and then there's a 10% chance of it exploding). So your main concern should be preventing losing ammo from having an arm/side torso blown off.

Edited by Mahws, 17 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#90 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

If it's something that would get used up quick, then CT. Otherwise I prefer to use the torso side that is opposite of my strongest weapon.

#91 RecklessFable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

If you die and and quit a match, are there any consequences to C-Bills or Exp earned?

#92 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostRecklessFable, on 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

If you die and and quit a match, are there any consequences to C-Bills or Exp earned?

Yes. If you quit out of the match instead of spectating, you will not be awarded bonuses for assists on enemies that are killed after you exit.

Edited by DEMAX51, 18 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#93 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostRecklessFable, on 18 October 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

View PostDEMAX51, on 18 October 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yes. If you quit out of the match instead of spectating, you will not be awarded bonuses for assists on enemies that are killed after you exit.

IE you damage a mech - and an ally finishes it off - you get a bonus after for helping kill it.
You quit before it dies, you don't get that bonus.
You die early enough/only hit one or two enemies, it is probably better to drop and start a new match if Cbills are your worry though
(feel weird saying that :))

#94 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 18 October 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

(feel weird saying that :))

You should! At the very least stick around for the 5 seconds to type what killed you and where!

#95 Kaosity

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNapping in a cockpit

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Is there a way to select a map before launch or to change mechs after launch? I am so sick and tired of bringing energy weapons to a 90+C map or any other number of really bad combos between mech, loadout, and map. You would think that you should know where you are going, allowing you to make the proper mech/loadout selection accordingly. I just find it hard to believe that a pilot's life is one non-ending series of blind drops.

#96 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 09 October 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Q: What is the most powerful mech and/or weapon in the game?

A: There isn't one. It is you, the pilot, who makes any mech powerful or weak. Choose your weapons, engines, and equipment wisely and use teamwork to your advantage. Therein lies the true power of a good mechwarrior: his/her team.

That's not true.

Competitive players choose mechs they view to have a competitive advantage over other mechs, especially within the same chassis variants. This highly contentious topic has pitted numerous pilots against pilots for some time.

However, fact is, competitive match after competitive match shows similar choices of mechs and similar layouts and thus logically, perceived or real, there are mechs that are more powerful than other mechs.

Competitive players are united in saying there are advantageous mechs and less advantageous mechs. Non-competitive players will argue otherwise.

If you're a sports fan, you will know that some teams are stronger than other teams on the basis of their players, coaches etc.. In fact, the whole point of fantasy teams is to make a list of the best teams, players, coaches and compare them.

In MWO, that is your MWO Tier List: http://mwomercs.com/...mech-tier-list/

:)

Edited by MavRCK, 18 October 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#97 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostWhenReaperComes, on 18 October 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Is there a way to select a map before launch or to change mechs after launch? I am so sick and tired of bringing energy weapons to a 90+C map or any other number of really bad combos between mech, loadout, and map. You would think that you should know where you are going, allowing you to make the proper mech/loadout selection accordingly. I just find it hard to believe that a pilot's life is one non-ending series of blind drops.

currently no, you must select a mech and then play on a random map.

Further versions of the game game will possess lobby and dropship systems (as part of Community Warfare) to allow you to influence which map will be played and change it into a choice factor instead of a random factor.

#98 Kaosity

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNapping in a cockpit

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 18 October 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

currently no, you must select a mech and then play on a random map.

Further versions of the game game will possess lobby and dropship systems (as part of Community Warfare) to allow you to influence which map will be played and change it into a choice factor instead of a random factor.

Thanks for a prompt reply. Too bad that's the plan because the future is only a misty dream, not the here and now which is the only true reality. Beginning to see why some people are disgusted with PGI. Kind of like Microsoft in the early 80's (am I showing my age?). Their policy was screw any bugs or bad design, just get it to market and collect the coin. Worked for MS though. :)

#99 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostWhenReaperComes, on 18 October 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Worked for MS though. :)

Half a guess who currently owns the rights to the mechwarrior series :P

#100 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Regardless of how I feel about PGI's approaches to balance, I will say they do good at hunting for bugs. They create new bugs with each one they fix, but they do good at fixing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users