#7821 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 712 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 June 2017 - 04:06 AM, said:

view in Mechlab

Tried that, doesn't seem to work. Clicking on a mech in the store does not actually select it for the rest of the UI.

#7822 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 25 June 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

I have XP on some mechs that I do not currently own. How can I see which mechs those are?

Try hitting "Convert XP" and see if that mech shows up on the list
EDIT: Hmm I don't think that will work either, that list only shows XP and not HXP

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 25 June 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#7823 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 25 June 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

I have XP on some mechs that I do not currently own. How can I see which mechs those are?

Also, which ACH variant was among the trial mechs?

You can't have mech XP for mechs you don't have.

You can have converted HXP, which is variant based that needs to be converted to mech XP to be used. It seems there's no direct way to see it, for mechs you don't own.
( just to make it clear, the old mech XP was all converted to HXP, for owned and not owned mechs)

What you can look is XP earned from your stats page. Of course it shows all XP, so you might have used it(to skill the mech), in which case you get HSP, or converted it into GXP in which case it's been refunded as GXP.

https://mwomercs.com...stats?type=mech

Trial mechs are champions. So you can see from store which Arctic Cheetah is champion, and it's the ACH-prime.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 25 June 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#7824 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 712 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 25 June 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

What you can look is XP earned from your stats page

Great idea, thanks, that's all I need!

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 25 June 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Trial mechs are champions. So you can see from store which Arctic Cheetah is champion, and it's the ACH-prime.

Ah! I knew trials are all champions, but didn't realize that answers my question. Thanks for pointing it out.

#7825 MechWarrior7075152

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

How to turn off the intro at start?
How to save the password?

it is a mess .. start launcher .. start game ... wait intro ... skip intro.... enter password ... login

... = waiting time

#7826 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostMechWarrior7075152, on 26 June 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

it is a mess .. start launcher .. start game ... wait intro ... skip intro.... enter password ... login

... = waiting time

AFAIK, both of those options are not available ... no saving the password, no skipping those three "Cry Engine, Nvidia, PGI" screens.

#7827 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

... = waiting time

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 26 June 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

AFAIK, both of those options are not available ... no saving the password, no skipping those three "Cry Engine, Nvidia, PGI" screens.

Can't save password, can't use a password manager because you can't paste the password into the box.

Can't turn off the intro, but if you click on the screens it goes to the next screen, so you can basically skip it by clicking.

#7828 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

... = waiting time

Intro is easy enough to skip simply by clicking your mouse or tapping your space bar (among other possible user interactive buttons one can push to skip it manually). I don't find this taking too long personally. A couple of mouse clicks or space bar presses and soon enough I'm at the log in screen. It could be unskippable, or it could be far worse. Star Trek Online has a far longer boot up (which also doesn't bother me), which has to boot up (and often update) the steam launcher first, then boot up the STO patcher that you log into and type your password out, then it will always take a few more minutes to always "check version" and "patch" (even if there isn't a patch and each step requires you to press a button, it isn't automatic), and then it will go into a "booting up" page (which if you tab out of and tab back into, it will crash or at least it does for me and then restart from the top again), and then after that you have the pre-character select screen, then you have the character select screen, and then finally loading into the game... (And I still don't find that too much, besides when it crashes that is.)

As far as auto-saved passwords... I think it is best to not have that auto save. Actually, most every game with a password I know of I have to manually type in my password. Especially if it has "pay for real content". Thankfully this isn't one of the few games that forces you to also type the user name every time you boot back up.

I don't exactly know why, but I hear a lot of people complain about "the waiting time" or "the number of clicks" with some aspects of this game. I actually find it reasonable and not at all something I would think to complain about. I've seen far longer wait times in other games (easily) and I often do more mouse clicks in a single match of MWO than I do on any other aspect of the game.

I actually find log in times to be less than 30 seconds...Posted Image

#7829 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

Watched a video yesterday and the uploader had a text that popped up during the video that said, "Remember to crit pad, kids!" He had just taken a hard hit but only lost a heatsink on his Hellbringer.

I believe the uploader was BlackhawkSC.

QUESTION(S): What is "crit padding", and how do we do it?

#7830 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

AFAIK, it's referring to making sure your crit slots are full of things that can take critical hits without causing you to have ammo or gauss rifle explosions (or maybe lose heatsinks??). This stems from the fact that internal damage can cause hits to individual critical slots and its essentially a RNG for the number of filled slots in that component.

Did that make any sense? I'm too tired.

#7831 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

View PostGibson Ibanez, on 29 June 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Watched a video yesterday and the uploader had a text that popped up during the video that said, "Remember to crit pad, kids!" He had just taken a hard hit but only lost a heatsink on his Hellbringer.

I believe the uploader was BlackhawkSC.

QUESTION(S): What is "crit padding", and how do we do it?

Basically, you are trying to place other things you can use but don't care about into a shared component with something you want to protect/keep. Often times you place needed heatsinks to "pad" a weapon or other piece of equipment. The reason is, the loss of a single heat sink often wont hinder a mech much, so you'd rather lose a heat sink over, say, your Gauss or a set of MLs.

You know how you make your mech, and each component has so much "crit slots", right? Each slot represents a location that can take a crit hit. If you only have a single component in that location (say, a ML) and all the other crit slots are empty, if you suffer a critical hit (any hit that damages an unarmored location has a chance of dealing a critical hit), your ML is the only thing that can take the hit. (100% chance of it being hit and critted/destroyed.) If, for example, you have two items there, that ML and a ton of ammo, now you have a 50% chance your ML will take a crit hit, or that Ammo. The ammo, when it is destroyed has a 10% chance to explode. Exploding ammo is typically a very bad thing. Now say, you have a ML there, that ton of ammo, and a single Double Heat Sink (say, the two slot Clan DHS for simple math). Now your chances when you take a crit hit to that location becomes 25% chance your ML will take it, 25% chance your ammo (which may explode and could kill you) and a 50% chance your CDHS will take it.

This continues on for however many crit slots you have filled. (No, crit slots taken by FF or Endo do not take crit hits, so they don't pad your equipment.) If you have something you wish to protect, and the crit slots and tonnage for it, then place things that you can live without in the same spot as things "you don't want to have critted/explode". It's not fool proof, but it helps reduce the chances of worse things happening.

FYI: All ammo can explode when destroyed, except for Gauss ammo. So if you have a Gauss Rifle, pad it with it's own ammo. As a farther note, weapons do not typically explode, except for the Gauss Rifle, so make sure you pad that... Hey. Why not pad it with it's own ammo? Posted Image

Edited by Tesunie, 29 June 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#7832 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

Thank you both very much. Every day I play this game I learn something new. I understand crit padding now and will have to rearrange some of my mechs. :D

I hope some more rookie pilots will benefit from this.

#7833 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostGibson Ibanez, on 29 June 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Thank you both very much. Every day I play this game I learn something new. I understand crit padding now and will have to rearrange some of my mechs. Posted Image

I hope some more rookie pilots will benefit from this.

This is why the thread was made, and why many of us are here. It isn't as much fun if someone else isn't having fun. It's always more enjoyable when everyone is having fun.

Just be aware of what you are trying to use as a crit pad. Don't take unnecessary equipment just for the sake of crit padding, but at the same time consider where your equipment is going and try to pad what you need to.

#7834 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostTesunie, on 29 June 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

...lots of text...

Thanks for confirming what I thought I knew, and explaining it in much more detail than I was capable of at the time :)

#7835 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostKaethir, on 29 June 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Thanks for confirming what I thought I knew, and explaining it in much more detail than I was capable of at the time Posted Image

Never hurts to have more than one answer to a question. Your post was correct, I just wanted to add in more detail was all. (Because I'm a stickler for the details... Sometimes to my own detriment.)

#7836 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

I play at 1600x900 screen res but can't find that as an option within the PTR client. How the hell did I manage to select it in the first place and how do I do it again?

#7837 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 29 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

I play at 1600x900 screen res but can't find that as an option within the PTR client. How the hell did I manage to select it in the first place and how do I do it again?

I just checked and 1600x900 is an option on my MWO PTS client, 5th from bottom under settings-video, so I am not sure why it is not there for you.

possibly update graphics drivers, although I doubt that would help as it shows graphics settings which would not work for me.

#7838 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 29 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

4:3 or 16:9 or 16:10?
If you have it set one way or the other, it will exclude options that conflict with that.
It's been so long I can't remember how to set it, but I know I used to because all my old videos were recorded at a 1600 4:3 resolution.

#7839 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Indirectly related to MWO, but not worth its own thread:

If you were to read about a campaign on the MWO forum: Who would you want to see fight?

Steiner (Vs Kurita or Marik)
Kurita (vs Davion or Steiner)
Davion (vs Kurita or Liao)
Liao (Vs Davion or Marik)
Marik (Vs Liao or Steiner)

(Will expand on it for an IS versus Clan version later on; feel free to tack the initial invading Clans alongside your answer for later consideration).

Note: Have the "attacking" side on the left and the defending side on the right.
Second note: I know I left out Rasalhague; I don't know enough about them to do justice for them in a narrative campaign.

Edited by Koniving, 02 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#7840 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Liao going on the attack unsuported against Davion would be interesting (mostly because I do not see how Liao could have any chance unless Davion were otherwise occupied).

ultimately though I would be fine with any of those pairings, would it be during the sucession wars?

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users