#61 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 October 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

[color=cyan]Hello everyone![/color]

I just wanted to tell you guys really quick the following bugs are fixed here and will be added to the Oct. 15th patch:
  • Streak SRM's always targetting BlackJack centre torsos.
  • Atlas head hitboxes being larger than they should be.
There will of course be other fixes and tweaks, but I wanted you all to know those will be included.

Cheers,
-TheGarth

Credit where credit is due these sort of updates are helpful, as a BJ pilot I know I am not imagining this, as an atlas pilot that explains so much.

#62 Watchemkillem

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 43 posts
  • LocationBronx, N.Y.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

How about the Orion CT? Throw that one in there while you're at it. Also the Boar's Head goes down like a cheap hook*r. I hope this fix helps it out. If so many thanks in advance. I love this game and am basically working to give you all of my money.

Edited by Longjedge, 04 October 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#63 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSmittiferous, on 04 October 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

So firing a pair of AC/2s in two separate groups is supposed to cause massive heat spikes? Looks broken to me...

The heat spikes on stagger-firing the AC2 is due to the general heat penalty rule that there must be a .51 second gap between shots to restart the counter on the heat penalty. PGI would have to write up code to make AC2s an exception to the general rule, and I'm betting even if PGI thought it was a good idea, it's pretty low on the totem pole right now. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have UI 2.0 and Community Warfare first, and I've replaced my AC2s with AC5s and AC10s in most cases, more bang for less heat.

#64 WaywardMind

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 50 posts
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I just wanted to tell you guys really quick the following bugs are fixed here and will be added to the Oct. 15th patch:
  • Atlas head hitboxes being larger than they should be.
There will of course be other fixes and tweaks, but I wanted you all to know those will be included.

Cheers,
-TheGarth

Thank you!!!

#65 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostShinVector, on 04 October 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Garth... Just a thought since see you guys did it for Blood Bay.
If it is not too much to ask.

Could you pull all the mechs chassis in the game currently in the Testing ground maps ?
Also maybe list them out for us in the forums or something as to which mechs are in what maps at which Grid.

PEEF had to proven the BJ/Streak problem existed in the a Live game.
It would have have been much easier to find a BJ in testing ground and just fire Streaks at it from there.
2 mins tops to have evidence of the problem.

BJ is in the Crimson Strait Testing Grounds. But this would be nice anyways.

#66 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostPOWR, on 04 October 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

That's not another variant. Just a tweaked build of an existing variant.

It does, however, count as a new variant in-game.

#67 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 03 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up. You guys are rocking communication; keep it up.

100% signed communication has improved dramatically after you addressed the lack of interaction we were having.

#68 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

... I feel so sorry for all Atlas enthusiasts!

#69 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostMrBlonde42, on 04 October 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

BJ is in the Crimson Strait Testing Grounds. But this would be nice anyways.

Ahhhh... Couldn't find it.. Thanks for the info.

#70 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

Good to see these little communication posts. This goes a long way. Keep it up.

#71 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

They need to look at Tera therma, the other day I was running around in my jagger s and was circling to flank the enemy and all the sudden I herd the computer voice start saying critical damage i thought I was getting shot at from behind then it happened again no red hash mark for damage from a direction or anything like that. Mayb an ECM spider from far out but no 1 was around then my leg blew up then ammo explosion and Hercules 1981 killed hercules1981. I was like wtf just happened I was no where near lava at all at the base of some hill just running full speed maybe 72kph with no leg damage at all then water ever glitch it was went through all my leg armor 41 points I think and internals real quick then dead and oh yeah there was some dude watching me and said it happened to him earlier in the day too.

#72 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 03 October 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

What about Ac2 staggerfire heat? Cant be that big a problem to fix..

Yeah I second this for sure fix it now can't be to hard ultras sure ain't what they used to b so I have been using the ac2 and noticed this wasn't fixed yet.

#73 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

View Posthercules1981, on 07 October 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Yeah I second this for sure fix it now can't be to hard ultras sure ain't what they used to b so I have been using the ac2 and noticed this wasn't fixed yet.

It's not broken. It's working they way that they want it to.

In Case 1:
The user fires 2 AC2's in the same group with chain fire. The shots fire in .52 second intervals. No heat penalty occurs.

In Case 2:
The user fires 3 AC's in the same weapon group without chain fire. The shots are fired in .52 second intervals and three at a time. No heat penalty occurs.

In Case 3:
The user fires 2 AC2's in the same group with chain fire as well as a third AC2 without chainfire in a separate weapon group. The shots are fired from Weapons 1 and 2 at a .52 second interval and with Weapon 3 firing .1 seconds after the first AC2 and .42 seconds before the last. Heat penalties begin to occur with the fourth shot (See Heat Penalty below).

In Case 4:
The user fires 3 AC2's in separate groups and in succession all without chain fire. The shots fire .1 seconds after one another and leave a .32 second interval between "volleys."

Heat Penalty (And why this is happening):
Case 1 - The user has generated 11 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 5.72 seconds and fired 12 shots - No heat penalty
Case 2 - The user has generated 33 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 5.72 seconds and fired 36 shots - No heat penalty
Case 3 - The user has generated 72 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 2.7 seconds and fired 12 shots - Heat penalty
Case 4 - The user has generated 72 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 1.76 seconds and fired 12 shots - Heat penalty

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING:
Weapons of the same type, to which heat penalty applies, require .51 seconds between shots in order to avoid being counted toward the total number fired at one time. As shown above, and due to their short cooldown, if the user staggers the firing of AC2's they will continue to fire within the .51 second window causing the total shots fired to increase with each shot. While the multiplier applied to the heat of the AC2 is relatively low, the overall effect of firing a constant stream of bullets can be significant.

TL;DR:
The system is working as intended. In the example s made in comments and videos by these posts users often show AC2's being fired in succession and in separate weapon groups. Similar fire rates may be obtained by grouping the weapons together and firing with their natural cooldown or with chainfire, however attempting to stagger the weapons and fire in a continuous stream will often result in a significant heat penalty.

P.S. According to design, the AC2 Global Heat Multiplier is under revision.

Cheers,
daemur

AC2 Heat thread

I don't like or agree with it, but it is what it is. I still find it strange that MG can fire until dry with no heat, but the AC2 gets heat from chain firing and not alpha striking.

#74 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

no one trolling "PGI lies" yet?

#75 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

what about protector CT hit box ?

#76 Varrin Coursca

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic, USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thanks, although isn't the Atlas' head hitbox already pretty small?

And since your guys are doing a pass on hit registration, please fix the Spider's hitboxes.

#77 Kremnican

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Really great idea to tell everyone where to shoot. Till today, I never died on a headshot in Atlas. Today, I died like that at least 4 times now.

#78 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostKremnican, on 08 October 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

Really great idea to tell everyone where to shoot. Till today, I never died on a headshot in Atlas. Today, I died like that at least 4 times now.

I know that I've been going for only head shots on Atlas... Its very dirty, yes, but If It's implemented into the game then its not cheating :D

#79 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostPoLaR, on 08 October 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I know that I've been going for only head shots on Atlas... Its very dirty, yes, but If It's implemented into the game then its not cheating :D

True, its not cheating in the sense that everyone has equal opportunity to us it. It is cheating in the sense that its an exploit that ruins the continuity of realistic simulation. Hence the term exploit and this qualifies. It should be def be fixed.

#80 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hello, Garth!

English is not my native, so i don't really know if i am wrong to think that the quote above actually means multiple centre torsos of a single BlackJack. I do think so, at the moment, because if you'd mean centre torsos of many BlackJack mechs, then you'd probably say "BlackJacks' centre torsos"; and if you'd mean a single centre torso of a single BlackJack, then you'd probably say "BlackJack torso" (not "torsos").

Which makes me wonder: will October 15 patch make BlackJack to have multiple (well, at least two) centre torsi?

I suspect it won't, but then, what do i know! %)

with-a-crazy-look,

Fins

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users