690 replies to this topic

#21 Ravendreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 549 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thank you Russ and Thank you PGI for the work you are doing to give us a good product.

#22 HRR Nighthawk

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Will there be a way to test system specs (or a demo or something) prior to the founder's package time running out? I'm gonna be close on all those specs and i want to make sure it will run before i go spending $60.

#23 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

When you say "lowest-end" quad core system, do you mean like a low-level Q6600 quad core? 2.40GHz, 8 meg cache, 1066 MHz frontside bus. This is a "cheap" quad core (less than $100) for Core 2 Quad-compatible (LGA775 socket) systems. Is this more-than-enough to get a smoothish play experience?

Well at home I have a Intel Core 2 Quad but I forget the MHZ but the point is that machine is maybe 1 year newer than the Core 2 Duo system we test on internally as the min spec but it performs leaps and bounds better. The bottom line is that CryEngine really wants to have a Quad core system and it seems even the entry level Quad core systems run very respectably.

#24 aidan pryde

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the update!

#25 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostHRR Nighthawk, on 15 June 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Will there be a way to test system specs (or a demo or something) prior to the founder's package time running out? I'm gonna be close on all those specs and i want to make sure it will run before i go spending $60.

I don't see how unless you manage to get into Beta before hand.

#26 darkrei9n

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

View PostMana211, on 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

No XP SP3 support?

I'm not likely to pay $100+ for Win 7 to play a game when my other games run on XP.

No I won't buy a gray market copy nor will I just torrent a free copy.

A proper legit copy of Win7 is not cheap.

Because tech needs to advance and you're holding everyone else back by refusing to upgrade?

#27 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

great thanks for the info now we just have wait about 3 weeks long to get into the grrrr what will i do till then ????

#28 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Thank you for an honest, non-PR sounding misinformation campaign. Despite the usual internet rage at things, we gamers actually do appreciate the truth and an honest approach in information. It nice to be treated like adults rather than addicts or children :D

#29 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Okay European players, here is the answer you have been looking for: Yes you can buy the Founders Package and you will never be blocked from continuing to play on the North American servers. Also if we are able to set up servers in your region you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those regions servers taking everything you own with you.

one word to express my feelings on this...

AWESOME!

rgds
Om

#30 Hadrian_Blackwater

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Thanks for the update.

#31 HRR Nighthawk

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't see how unless you manage to get into Beta before hand.

*sigh* ah well thanks for the honest answer :D

#32 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostMana211, on 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

No XP SP3 support?

I'm not likely to pay $100+ for Win 7 to play a game when my other games run on XP.

No I won't buy a gray market copy nor will I just torrent a free copy.

A proper legit copy of Win7 is not cheap.

Even though they didn't specificly state it, there is a very good chance it will run on WinXP since it only requires DirectX9. Where you are going to run into trouble is the 4GB memory requirement. Although thas same issue should plague Vista 32-bit as well. Any 32-bit OS will probably not be able to use 4Gb of memory due to overhead (my winXP machine only recognizes 3.5 of 4 GB installed).

#33 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Pretty bad news for Europeans :/ A lot of "If"'s...

View PostThat Guy, on 15 June 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Thank you for an honest, non-PR sounding misinformation campaign. Despite the usual internet rage at things, we gamers actually do appreciate the truth and an honest approach in information. It nice to be treated like adults rather than addicts or children :D

Did you read that "if"?

Okay European players, here is the answer you have been looking for: Yes you can buy the Founders Package and you will never be blocked from continuing to play on the North American servers. Also if we are able to set up servers in your region you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those regions servers taking everything you own with you.

#34 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Damn... I guess I have to upgrade to a quad core now.

#35 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Muchos Gracias =)

#36 Grimblade

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Is it correct to assume other continents (i.e Australia) will get the same oppurtinities as the Euro players??

#37 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I will champion your cause, Land Down Under.

#38 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostMajor Tom, on 15 June 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Even though they didn't specificly state it, there is a very good chance it will run on WinXP since it only requires DirectX9. Where you are going to run into trouble is the 4GB memory requirement. Although thas same issue should plague Vista 32-bit as well. Any 32-bit OS will probably not be able to use 4Gb of memory due to overhead (my winXP machine only recognizes 3.5 of 4 GB installed).

My system at home is vista 32 but yes I really only have access to 3.5 gigs of RAM but it plays very well. It is a Core 2 Quad with basically a min spec card in the 8800 GTS 512

#39 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Nice update. Thanks for info. :D

Too bad you got over the earliest expected release date of summer, but well, after ten years, noone's going to mind a few weeks here and there, anyway. :D

Also, how's been beta testers response to Paul? :ph34r:

#40 Jack Simmons

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well thanks for the solution for the European potential players :D

I guess that means i have to buy 2 Founders Packs (myself and my financee (sp?)) :ph34r:

and maybe i need to switch my triple core to a quad... well i already had plans to do so anyway :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users