690 replies to this topic

#41 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postchumppi, on 15 June 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Pretty bad news for Europeans :/ A lot of "If"'s...

Did you read that "if"?

Okay European players, here is the answer you have been looking for: Yes you can buy the Founders Package and you will never be blocked from continuing to play on the North American servers. Also if we are able to set up servers in your region you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those regions servers taking everything you own with you.

What choice do I have my friend? until a deal is signed in Europe it must be an IF. But I can tell you we have multiple European publishers talking to us about publishing the game in Europe. Things couldn't look better but no deal is signed until it is signed..therefore it must be an IF

The same is true for all regions

#42 fatcat01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Thanks for the info, very enlightening. One request though; could we get an 'order of importance' chart for system specs? It was mentioned that the game runs much better on quad core CPUs, it would be nice to know what the most important components are so we can upgrade more efficiently.

#43 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

What exactly do you mean by "the community warfare features won't be in at beta"? What exactly is included in "community warfare"?

Does this mean there's no Galaxy Map or planets to fight over, and it's just regular matchmaking? Is there going to be no stats-tracking?

Clarify please!

#44 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

My system at home is vista 32 but yes I really only have access to 3.5 gigs of RAM but it plays very well. It is a Core 2 Quad with basically a min spec card in the 8800 GTS 512

One thing I did not take into consideration which may be a HUGE factor is multi-threading. Making use of all your CPU cores. This is something that Vista and Win7 do much better than WinXP, and possibly why XP was excluded.

*** doh quoting Russ... I should have just asked about XP, didn't realize you were in the thread

Edited by Major Tom, 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#45 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Again, thanks to PGI for caring enough to keep us in the loop.

#46 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

you had me at " hey mechwarrior fans" :D
thanks for the update. expecially concering "european founders".

best regards

#47 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View Postfatcat01, on 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the info, very enlightening. One request though; could we get an 'order of importance' chart for system specs? It was mentioned that the game runs much better on quad core CPUs, it would be nice to know what the most important components are so we can upgrade more efficiently.

Currenty CPU is by far the most limiting factor. CryEngine really likes a Quad core

#48 darkrei9n

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

My system at home is vista 32 but yes I really only have access to 3.5 gigs of RAM but it plays very well. It is a Core 2 Quad with basically a min spec card in the 8800 GTS 512

32 Bit systems are unable to fully access 4 gigs of RAM. It falls somewhat short because 2^32 is not equivalent to 4 gigabytes.. You shouldn't worry about the memory the OS and programs use unless you're running a lot of programs which take up a lot of memory.

Also, MWO will probably only use around a gig to a gig and a half of memory, and even if Vista isn't scaling back its memory usage correctly you'll still have nearly an entire gig left over.

Edited by darkrei9n, 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#49 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postboxofaids, on 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

What exactly do you mean by "the community warfare features won't be in at beta"? What exactly is included in "community warfare"?

Does this mean there's no Galaxy Map or planets to fight over, and it's just regular matchmaking?

I'm pretty sure that yes.

Judging by the fact they have barely three maps and need to make at least a bunch of mechs, the meta game can wait for a bit. :D

Edited by Adridos, 15 June 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#50 fatcat01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Currenty CPU is by far the most limiting factor. CryEngine really likes a Quad core

I see, good thing I've been saving up for one of those i5s. Thank you for the fast response.

#51 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Hrm...that big "IF" really does not look good.

And it looks liek there is also a big IF about whether the game will run on my PC....It really hinges on my CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+) and my OS (Win Xp SP3 32 Bit) and Ram (since my OS limits me to about 3.5 Gigs of Ram. Pretty old DDR2 Ram, that is.)
At least my Geforxe GTX 260 is a bit better than the Geforce 8800..

#52 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View Postboxofaids, on 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

What exactly do you mean by "the community warfare features won't be in at beta"? What exactly is included in "community warfare"? Does this mean there's no Galaxy Map or planets to fight over, and it's just regular matchmaking? Is there going to be no stats-tracking? Clarify please!

Put simply it will be more of the lone wolf experience for the first couple of months.

#53 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Russ, what about multiple Founder's Packages.
If I purchase 2 will I receive 2 Founders Mechs and 4 months of premium service?

#54 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

@Russ Definitely it must be an if, but to me the sentence sounded like that there's not 100% determination on the case that "We will be in EU", if you had structured the sentence differently... but for me it sounds like that you may very well hold off on the EU part if it's too much trouble.

But that's... something to be expected for a f2p game. Can't say I'm not disappointed :( NA East is usually playable for me but that is game dependant and would require testing before buying a Founder's package, my connection usually pings 125-200 to US East. Sometimes even 100, but that's rare.

Edit: Ok so we have a more verified answer on page 4, glad some forum whining clarifies things even further! ;)

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Trust me as far as regions go it is not a big IF...more on the tiny side.

View PostGarth Erlam, on 15 June 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

To sum: the 'if' is more of a 'when.'

Edited by chumppi, 15 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#55 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Delicious news. Very glad to hear it.

#56 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

The only RECOMMENDED setting I don't meet is the 8GB RAM, i only have 6, and an i5 processor.

#57 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Thanks for the update Russ !
Good to know about the migration beeing possible when european servers launch.

I will have my founders mech with genuine cow leather seat, mahogany apliances on the interior and opening rooftop, i like the smell of melted ferro-fibrous armor in the morning. ;)

#58 Jack Simmons

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

What choice do I have my friend? until a deal is signed in Europe it must be an IF. But I can tell you we have multiple European publishers talking to us about publishing the game in Europe. Things couldn't look better but no deal is signed until it is signed..therefore it must be an IF

The same is true for all regions

I guess most people understand that ;), for those who don't i'd put that part into the original post. I for one am happy to being able to support the game at launch, get a Founder Package that i can transfer once/if/when European Servers are avaible. Makes me one happy future MWO Player :(:

#59 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostFaenwulf, on 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hrm...that big "IF" really does not look good.

Trust me as far as regions go it is not a big IF...more on the tiny side.

#60 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Put simply it will be more of the lone wolf experience for the first couple of months.

So ronery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users