Ac5 Vs Uac5

45 replies to this topic

#41 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

There's other options as well. JM6-S is my preferred for uac/5 spamming. I treat it as a high DPS assist mech, like a mage in MMORPG's. You can cram 4 ML + 3 UAC/5's which runs abit warm when your guns are jammed but, treat the 4ML as your backup weapons. This helps offset the jam of the UAC/5's vs 4x ac/5's and for some reason people think chainfiring ac/5's does as much damage as 3x uac/5's. Often 2 will jam for me because i'm trigger happy but, all 3 rarely are down even though it does happen. It's a roulette wheel at times for sure but, it's so much fun. Anywho, treating it as a heavy assist mech I tend to run a smaller engine than most. Well lemme grab smurfy real quick.. and....
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...97cd31419f2baad
From what I've experienced position plays more of a part with doing well with this thing than speed. Speed is great if you're going to try to take out rear armor with things but, the high gun mounts allow you to use alot of cover while shooting your targets. You really only need to be fast enough to keep up with assualt mechs, preferribly something nice n tanky or a brawler. Anywho, this is what works for me.

#42 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Well yeah, if my life actually depended on it, that's one thing. I'd also never use a gauss - because who wants to have to charge a weapon before firing it? I'd rather that it held the charge. But I also understand why PGI added in that mechanic.

So I suppose in the name of full disclosure - in a game where no actual harm will come to me, on a mech with a enough weapon system variety that I can afford to lose one - then I prefer the UAC. -_-

Then again, I put a flamer in the head of my Wolverines strictly because it looks like I'm spitting fire. I'm not to be taken too seriously. :blink:

#43 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 03 February 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Stuff that wasn't actually read when quoting; 'cause Kon's just passing through before returning to art.

Oh Buck! Sorry I just remembered. You know the artillery thing you asked before? Here ya go. Confirmation on targets the "o" crosshair.

#44 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostKoniving, on 03 February 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Oh Buck! Sorry I just remembered. You know the artillery thing you asked before? Here ya go. Confirmation on targets the "o" crosshair.

Lol, thanks!

#45 Devlin Stone

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

I use the AC5 if I'm running a brawler or need the critical space to squeeze two guns into one arm, and the UAC5 if I'm sniping. When sniping, the UAC's tendency to jam is a non issue, since you keep yourself in a position to duck behind cover while you unjam, and you want to be able to output damage quickly before your enemy spots you or moves to cover. Get a jam in a brawl and you're sol.

#46 MadIrish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

If you can loadout 2 UAC5s why bother loadout an LBX, AC10, or AC20 they never jam. In my opinion the UAC5 is a worthless piece of scrap metal...it jams way to often, costs more, weighs more, and takes up more space. I have had 3 on a DD and all three jam 4 times in a row after that i just stopped using it all together. Now the only players I see using UAC5s are the ones I leave dead on the field. On the rare occasion that it functions right is it fun but with a jam rate that seems be more like 40-50%. Might make sense to put in a pilot skill & module that would cut the jam rate to 5%.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users