Ui 2.0: Teamkill Under The 1 Minute Mark Should Automatically Assign A Temporary Ban.

86 replies to this topic

#1 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Since the update, many people who use the feature meant to reorganise lance get teamkilled by individuals in premade that are unhappy with the fact that them or some people from their lance have been moved around.

Of course, there are also people who teamkill for other reasons, and teamkills are relatively comun in MW:O.

So, my suggestion for UI 2.0 or even before that if its possible is that the game should automaticaly give a temporary ban for anyone who kill a team member under the 1 minute mark. Obviously, it would be even better if bans could happen automaticaly every time someone teamkill and have yet to engage the enemy, but that require more coding.

Point is, if it happen before enemies are engaged it is obviously intended. No, there aren't any legitimate reasons to team kill someone. Especialy for trivials things such as the ready buton or the commander moving people around.

Some things do not require human intervention, and this is one of them, it should be automatic.

Edited by BlackIronTarkus, 10 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#2 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Stop changing people around and you won't get killed black. :lol:

#3 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Maybe those people should ask before they go willy nilly through the team and are then too ignorant to change it back or relinquish command. I dont TK over it but I can sympathize with those that do. When you have 4 guys with the same house tag in a lance... cmon

Keep your sausage beaters off my lance!

(rage over)

Edited by Zakie Chan, 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#4 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Its no excuse. Do I teamkill premade because they never communicate or go by themselve on their merry way to get melted 12vs4? Well you right I cant because they died so fast, but still, its no excuse!

#5 espritjaeger

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

This is a HORRIBLE idea. As a person who has dealt with griefers in many games, I'll tell you what will happen... Griefers will quickly figure out this system and do one of two things: 1) Damage other players and stop right before killing them. 2) Keep attacking and griefing other players until the other person loses it and kills the griefer, getting himself/herself banned. Besides, adding a condition to this is kind of sanctioning griefing up to a certain point. It'll give griefers a "I am allowed to damage them a long as I don't kill them, and it isn't considered griefing" mentality.

#6 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Perfectly good ticket system for dealing with Tkers.

its like automated damage penalties, bad idea, I mean how many times have you been finnishing off a mech only to be masked by someone trying to get the kill credit..while, my attitude is well stuff them if they're that desperate, I also don't want to get penalised because they took 18 srm to the back armour

#7 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yeah team hate in general needs to change. Auto bans are great, removing damage negatives is also great.

#8 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

yup.

#9 Sturmforge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

-100,000 C-bills per teammate killed. Will start causing others to watch their fire.

#10 espritjaeger

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

What happens when the griefer gets to 0 C-bills? hm...

#11 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Penalty for TK: Death.

I think a better solution would be to just incorporate an field court-martial, and have the offending mech self-destruct with no rewards for the match.

Nothing will ever stop trolls and griefers from being trolls and griefers, but that'd end the punitive TKs right away.

It'd also make people more careful with their friendly fire and rabid kill-stealing attempts.

#12 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

TK is VERY VERY rarely legitimate. I think I have legit accidentally TK'd someone about three times in all of my matches ever.

Heavy penalty for it would be a good thing.

#13 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts
  • Locationsydney australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostBlackIronTarkus, on 10 October 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Since the update, many people who use the feature meant to reorganise lance get teamkilled by individuals in premade that are unhappy with the fact that them or some people from their lance have been moved around.

So, my suggestion for UI 2.0 or even before that if its possible is that the game should automaticaly give a temporary ban for anyone who kill a team member under the 1 minute mark. Obviously, it would be even better if bans could happen automaticaly every time someone teamkill and have yet to engage the enemy, but that require more coding.

Point is, if it happen before enemies are engaged it is obviously intended. No, there aren't any legitimate reasons to team kill someone. Especialy for trivials things such as the ready buton or the commander moving people around.

Some things do not require human intervention, and this is one of them, it should be automatic.

maby people that swap other people out of their pre made lances should get automaticly banned!!! in the long run this is PGI's fault for not thinking thing's out before releasing content.

if your geting TKed for moving people around what does this tell you???

answer...
dont move people around!!!

TKing for not hiting the ready button is a bit harsh but.

Of course, there are also people who teamkill for other reasons, and teamkills are relatively comun in MW:O.

team kills arnt that common in mwo...

i can only remeber being TK a hand full of times

one was when i started playing and like a noob hit some guy in the back with an alfa and his whole lance likely a pre made turned and TKed me and id say i deserved it because i did a dumb thing.
any other time ive been TKed was when i was drunk and shoot a freind just for the sake of it which resulted in the rest on my pre made group killing me.

if your being TKed its because your a tw@t that has done somthing realy stupid.....that includes solo droping taking company command then moving people around that are in pre made lances then acting like a pr!<k when they ask to be moved back!!

#14 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Umm.

1. Shoot someone repeatedly to irritate him.

2a. He gets annoyed and TKs you. He gets banned from you trolling him. GG.

2b. He resists the urge to shoot you back. You wait to 1:01, then TK him. LOL.

TKers may or may not be an issue, but your solution sucks. Sorry.

#15 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Maybe any team damage within 30 secs causes auto destruct? Or how about just being smart about it? No damage can be done for the first 30 secs or so, adjust as needed. So match starts...All systems nomina! Then 10, 20, 30 secs later or whatever it is...Weapons online! Solved.

Edited by BookWyrm, 10 October 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#16 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Why not just do "reflective" damage to the damage gibing arse?

Just in case people "test" their weapons against others "intentionally" or not, reflect all damage back to the player's internal CT armor and/or head internals (the head might be optimal, since it is the same on all mechs). That way, damage dealing and not necessarily TKing fools will gib themselves immediately.

It's not complicated, just enforce it in the first :30 to minute of the match.

Just remember that the head's internal armor is only 15 pts. That is 3 med lasers worth of punishment to be dealt.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 October 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#17 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

This is a pgi created issue. Do not move people around with out asking its simple. There should be a toggle that you can click to allow others to move you and t should be locked b default. Bang problem solved

#18 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 October 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Why not just do "reflective" damage to the damage gibing arse?

Just in case people "test" their weapons against others "intentionally" or not, reflect all damage back to the player's internal CT armor and/or head internals (the head might be optimal, since it is the same on all mechs). That way, damage dealing and not necessarily TKing fools will gib themselves immediately.

It's not complicated, just enforce it in the first :30 to minute of the match.

Just remember that the head's internal armor is only 15 pts. That is 3 med lasers worth of punishment to be dealt.

I like it but increase the time to 2 minutes. 30sec is nothing. Most people haven't even moved out of base in 30sec.

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 10 October 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I like it but increase the time to 2 minutes. 30sec is nothing. Most people haven't even moved out of base in 30sec.

Whatever seems reasonable. I'll roll with whatever.

#20 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think a better solution would be if people stopped screwing around with others gaming experience by shuffling around teams.

Click Launch, Click Ready, Play. That's all you need to do.

Edited by NextGame, 10 October 2013 - 10:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users