46 replies to this topic

#1 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts
  • LocationForestHill, California

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi, as of lately for no reason MWO seems to Freeze/Hard Crash and I must End the process with Task manager.

I tried as many things as I know to fix this but nothing worked.

I even tried using the Mwo Repair. It said it found a Mismatch in some patch file, proceeded to click the fix button.

After all was done thinking after having using the repair tool and fixing the file it found, Mwo crashed first round I entered.

Not very fun, and it getting annoying really fast.

Help or a answer would be great.

Edited by Epalypso, 10 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#2 shalnark

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm having the same problem and I'm afraid to say there is no known fix for this problem AFAIK, the repair tool doesn't fix it.

you will just have to live with it since pgi won't try to resolve it from what I've seen.

#3 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

If the game just freezes sometimes you can alt-tab to another open program (firefox my favorite) then click on the active MWO game and it will unfreeze. Not always... so far I'm 50/50... some CTD myself recently, but so far only when exiting a match or training grounds.

#4 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hi, back again. after yesterdays post which I would like to continue on getting some help.

For as I just woke up and started to play my first round for the day and as im about to destroy a spider-5k, guess what happens?? Freeze/Hard Crash.

Forced to end the program threw task manager yet again.

I love this game as a old BattleTech/MechWarrior Junkie. BUT refuse to PAY for anything until this is fixed.

AT least MW4 gave me access to all the mechs for free... as long as I bought the game for a base line price, and the game never crashed like this!!

I understand you guys are getting lots of Flak for trying to remake a game so many people have been waiting for, but this is a game a lot of people been waiting for - "One of them being me".

I hope this game will not fail in the future. but with current state the game is in. I don't understand how you have more time to run around for Game Launch's and Parties when players are waiting for this problem to be fixed.

Edited by Epalypso, 11 October 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#5 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Can you post up your computer specs including your PSU specs, and dxdag This might help us.

#6 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

First game of the day... 12:12pm 10/13/2012

Hard Crash/ Game Freeze'd as soon and the match started.

Getting Annoying fast.

DID not give you 100+ dollars on content and Premium time for this to happen -- And for a game that should of never had the beta taken off, Im thinking your just giving us the stick cause you want free testers to find the Russic bugs in this game, Real Pro... Especially for lack of content this game has, a 3rd world B+ $40 game has more then this.

YOU have two game modes and a sloppy mech bay, how can this happen? Do you not care that people are upset? I have seen too little or NO advice on this matter from pgi. Instead they have their lacky founders comment on this stuff.

Edited by Epalypso, 13 October 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#7 Epathian

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Ok after the post I just did, tried to play AGAIN. GUESS WHAT!?!?!!

FREEZE/ HARD CRASH as soon as the player team/Sheet poped up.

REALLY?? REALLY??

I can Play Crysis 3 on max with my RIG but I cant play this game?!?! WTH!

Edited by Epalypso, 13 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#8 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I am getting an issue where my video freezes but everything continues on at a reduced rate/response.
usually ctl alt del kills the client then relog back in but match is over.

This time it froze and I c a d and came back kept client running and the mech stayed on course - into the line of fire of course.
Please find a fix to this.

It only started this today.

Edited by Blurry, 16 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#9 Valkeer

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

I have been having the same freeze problems. Sporadic, and usually early in a match. The screen freezes, and i can still hear the noise of the match, but no controls work. The Alt Tab mentioned above has never resolved it.

#10 Erik

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

So I think there's finally a work around for this. I use to crash almost once every five games and now I can't remember more than one crash in the last two days.

http://mwomercs.com/...-core-machines/

#11 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostValkeer, on 16 October 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

I have been having the same freeze problems. Sporadic, and usually early in a match. The screen freezes, and i can still hear the noise of the match, but no controls work. The Alt Tab mentioned above has never resolved it.

Yup I am still getting the video freezing up. I hear the sounds but cant do anything. Ctl alt del does work for me but by time I regain control I almost dead because it is at the start of the game and usually around first contact. Mech continues on in game.

I dont have an old machine lga 2011 (i7-3820)16 gigs ram and a gtx680 lightning in surround. On liquid cooling. any ideas?

#12 Bushrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada & Guyana

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

I have the same problem... but only since two patches ago. My game freezes in a game at least once per day.

my computer specs:

ROG laptop G75VW-DH72

Nvidea GTX-670

core i7

I hope they fix this soon.. it kind of annoying

Bushrat

#13 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Just wanted to report that this is still an ongoing issue for me and almost to the point I may give up. Every 3 matches I walk off into no mans land and by time I recover I am basically dead.

Upgraded to the newest drivers by nivida and still losing it. - forgot to add that.

is it an issue from the launcher to the game itself or is it more than that? cause it seems just after first contact ect the things spazzes out and says no you shall not see. (i do get a blink to the launcher but who knows)

Edited by Blurry, 22 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#14 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

try to not have a Firefox Window open when you play MWO. Close all FIrefox windows. I smell a connection to it.

My guess that the Hardware Acceleration of Firefox is in conflict of the Cryengine renderer and thus causes freezes.

#15 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostBlurry, on 22 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Just wanted to report that this is still an ongoing issue for me and almost to the point I may give up. Every 3 matches I walk off into no mans land and by time I recover I am basically dead.

Upgraded to the newest drivers by nivida and still losing it. - forgot to add that.

is it an issue from the launcher to the game itself or is it more than that? cause it seems just after first contact ect the things spazzes out and says no you shall not see. (i do get a blink to the launcher but who knows)

Were the Nvidia drivers you updated to Betas or release? I have had problems with Betas in the past. Good luck with resolution.

#16 Sarmach

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I have the same issue but it is usually once every few days. It has had the worst timing to the point where I'm going to have to stop playing to avoid getting into a {Scrap} mood. I hate having to fear a freeze when I'm having a really good game. Hope they fix this soon so I can get back to playing.

#17 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

been having this problem 3 updates ago. an its really old. i dont see BETA up there anyome Piranha its a little past time you fix this problem

next time is does this im just going to uninstall an maybe see how broken the game is when you finnaly add the clans an untell its fixed your not getting a cent from me.

Edited by kf envy, 23 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#18 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 22 October 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Were the Nvidia drivers you updated to Betas or release? I have had problems with Betas in the past. Good luck with resolution.

They were the release drivers not the beta

#19 Valkeer

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

So far the problem persists. None of the solutions mentioned has seemed to effect it. Granted it is sporadic, and not common for me. But I hate leaving the team a mech short when the game freezes and locks me out.

This brings up another point I would like to see the developers address. This wouldn't be as big a problem if you could close the client, log back in, and re-enter the match. Another popular game, that will not be mentioned here, has that feature that if the client crashes in match, and you log back in, you are placed back into the match. This game does not have that function. Once you are out, you are out.

Most of the times when these crashes happen to me, its at the very beginning of the match. More than enough time to log back in, but....

#20 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

ATM all my owned and trial mechs are you guest it in game ware i cant use them because your NON BETA keep crashing.

this game should still be in Alpha but greed got in the way them making a good working game that does not crash, full of bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users