#81 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 13 October 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Nah, the blur is a screen space effect applied after the frame is rendered. It shouldn't save you any performance.

That may or may not be true, but removing it will remove immersion, for the sake of being able to respond properly.

Like film grain.... adding these effects may "look cool", but it's not the best thing for reducing your overall vision...

#82 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

This game at some point will get dumbed down to the point we are just beating each other with foam noodles. But I am sure that someone will say they bounce off their head to fast and may cause whiplash.

#83 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I love how people come to a sudden realization like this in big agreement, yet not a word was heard about it for weeks/months. ;)

It is true though.

Edited by Chavette, 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#84 CravenMadness

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNGNG TS3

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Loud Noises!

#85 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostChavette, on 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

I love how people come to a sudden realization like this in big agreement, yet not a word was heard about it for weeks/months. :(

It is true though.

I think it's the insurgence of 4-mans running streaktaros in conquest that has sparked it ;)

#86 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostEdustaja, on 13 October 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I think it's the insurgence of 4-mans running streaktaros in conquest that has sparked it ;)

Haha, god I can imagine. I tend to stick with Assault mode where the lights are few and far between. In Conquest it's probably a turkey shoot for Kintaros!

#87 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostWispsy, on 13 October 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

GUYS DO NOT WORRY! IT DOES NOT AFFECT HEAVY OR ASSAULT SNIPERS WHY THE **** ARE YOU COMPLAINING THAT **** IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A PROBLEM!

my bad...forgot for a moment that lights and mediums are not wanted and should just go **** off and play roll the ssrm dice to see who wins then wait for teams heavies/assaults to win/lose regardless of outcome...

You can change my streaks when I can kill a spider by shooting it in the back with 11 LL shots from 90M.

When I shoot a raven in the legs with 4ML salvos 5 times, and 4 of them do nothing, when I shoot jenners in the face with 2 LL and it doesnt turn my rheticle red, When I slam a trial spider in the CT from 110M with my LBX10 and it doesnt register and he kills me with his ERLL, I get mad and play my streakapult and go out of my way to chainfire them with streaks until they nerdrage.

Streaks boats are nimble, usually have JJ, and are pretty well going to eat it fighting anything heavier then they are. Try fighting a fresh atlas with a Streakapult. I did it because I had to on Forest colony in the water. Pretty sure I did over 350 dmg to that guy before a team mate came and killed him off. On the flip side, invincible spider runs in terror from the one mech on the enemy team that can actually strip his armor off.

Streaks do more dmg then SRM because they spread it all over the whole mech. People like to ignore that when they are all "streaks lock SRM should be stronger". Also, SRM hit detection is like they turned off HSR completely. I quit playing my Jager A with SRM20 because I could fire two full salvos(80 dmg) into the torso of an enemy and get yellow armor. My pair of AC2's was more effective then SRM20 was. Sad.

They must fix hit detection first! Stop calling for ******* changes when NOTHING in this game actually hits for full dmg every time, or any time in some cases.

#88 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postaniviron, on 13 October 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yep, they're taking advantage of the fact that screen shake from a SSRM2 = LRM5 = LRM20 = LRM90 (possible in cplt-a1). It's become depressingly common for streaktaros and CPLT-A1s to chain fire SSRM2s and LRM5s to effectively stunlock a target.

Why are people so against being stun locked in a game, especially in a team-based war game? Why do weapons need to have only one purpose (i.e. killing)? Why can't weapons be used for something like suppressive fire?

It's not even a real stun lock. You can always try to run away, lights especially.

#89 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

View Post19cico96, on 13 October 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

he finally locked me and bam, I missed him 10m away because he chain me with that streaks, I was shaking so high that I could literally drop out from cockipt

i think that was the game where i was on the opposing team (and dead :ph34r: ), i watched that kintaro with his 5 streaks in chainfire and i can remember that i said something like "dude, the setup of this kintaro is damn mean, it's 5 streaks in continuous chainfire all the time, don't want to see the enemy's screenshake" on TS to my mates... so yeah, i think it's too much

#90 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

#91 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostKhanHeir, on 14 October 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Spoiler

oh boy... realy? i mean... realy?!? that's nasty :ph34r:

#92 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostVIPER2207, on 14 October 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

oh boy... realy? i mean... realy?!? that's nasty :ph34r:

2 streak cats chain firing one after the other can stun lock any mech.

4, its no contest just a nonstop array of haymakers.

And soon we'll have streak6 a homing 90 damage alpha that only requires a slightly lighter engine.

#93 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Ooouh streak shake is reduced :) IN FACE everyone who said they were fine!

Edited by 19cico96, 15 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users