- - - - -

Are There Mc Redeem Codes?

51 replies to this topic

#41 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

um.... where can I have sum ULTIMATE GAME CARDS! (cue epic music)

#42 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

I've seen them hanging in grocery stores, stores like Gamestop, or big box stores like Target or Walmart. That's here in suburban Maryland, YMMV.

You could also just grab one of those prepaid Visa gift cards, it'd do the same thing.

Edited by Buckminster, 01 March 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#43 Ishanaut

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 01 March 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

I've seen them hanging in grocery stores, stores like Gamestop, or big box stores like Target or Walmart. That's here in suburban Maryland, YMMV.

You could also just grab one of those prepaid Visa gift cards, it'd do the same thing.

I live in ENGLAND

#44 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostIshanaut, on 11 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I live in ENGLAND

Well then go to your local Tesco and look for a prepaid Visa card. Or wherever it is you guys go to do that sort of thing. :-)

#45 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostArahantius, on 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

MC is actually very cheap and I would have no issue buying except that you have to use your credit card. Unfortunately, using your credit card online is too risky so I'll wait until they have redeemable cards in my local store.

As a side note, does anyone else get the 'risky site' warning when they go to the mechwarrior payment page?

Most cards will let you generate one-off fake cards for online transactions if you're worried.

#46 Vanderwild

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

How you feel about money and your own circumstances directly relate to how you see the cost associated with MC,

Me, I play MWO and Warframe (close to 8,000,000 registered), and I almost exclusively pay money to Warframe. Why? Because there is so much more value with WF. Over time I've bought many loads of Platinum (all at a 50 to 75% discount, and it would still be more value even without the discount). It adds up.

My point is this. If everyone was like me, then the Warframe model would make much more money (at a lower cost per customer). But, perhaps the number of people with extra usable cash have caused the price-point to maximize profit numbers to be higher than I am comfortable with. In that case I completely understand their prices.

The thing that bugs many people like myself is that we want to spend our money on MWO, but we can't rightly spend what we have for such little value.

#47 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostWild Vanderskill, on 15 November 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

How you feel about money and your own circumstances directly relate to how you see the cost associated with MC,

Me, I play MWO and Warframe (close to 8,000,000 registered), and I almost exclusively pay money to Warframe. Why? Because there is so much more value with WF. Over time I've bought many loads of Platinum (all at a 50 to 75% discount, and it would still be more value even without the discount). It adds up.

My point is this. If everyone was like me, then the Warframe model would make much more money (at a lower cost per customer). But, perhaps the number of people with extra usable cash have caused the price-point to maximize profit numbers to be higher than I am comfortable with. In that case I completely understand their prices.

The thing that bugs many people like myself is that we want to spend our money on MWO, but we can't rightly spend what we have for such little value.

NECRO!

#48 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostWild Vanderskill, on 15 November 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

...The thing that bugs many people like myself is that we want to spend our money on MWO, but we can't rightly spend what we have for such little value.

I am waiting on the next 20% discount on MC as well before I invest more money in MWO. (20% is the only MC discount I have seen.)

#49 Shaemus Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

I have used Karma Koin cards to buy MC. You can buy them from Family Dollar, Walgreens, GameStop.....call the stores and ask if they have them before you make the trip and waste overpriced fuel, just because one Walgreens has them, each store in each town may have different inventories.

There's nothing wrong with a little harmless necro, right? *crickets chirping*

Edited by Shaemus Shadow, 15 November 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#50 Vanderwild

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

The last post was in march. That's not to bad is it? *sound of leaves falling*

#51 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 15 November 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I am waiting on the next 20% discount on MC as well before I invest more money in MWO. (20% is the only MC discount I have seen.)

That's funny, i haven't seen that. What i have seen is 20% top-up promotions (wouldn't call it sale since price remained the same).

That's different from a sale.
I wonder if they would do, say a 30% discount on all items and purchases. Something like a storewide sale.

#52 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

The trick is patience...

I'm in Australia, so the first step may not apply...
1- buy USD when dollar is above 95c or trade with someone for the currency... or load currency while dollar is good. I buy a lot from online BHPhotoVideo/Amazon/Tacticalgear/games... so if you do it do it right, I loaded $5k last time.
2- purchase Traveller's Preloaded VISA cards in USD... e.g. Commbank Travel Card (or any other type of card that allows top ups in USD... DO NOT load currency onto game cards, see next step). There are rarely promos, but sometimes they offer free piggybank, stuffed toys etc... give them to my kid, or charity.
3- wait for game cards to go on special... or have special deals with Paypal etc. Usually you can expect a 10%-15% bonus/discount, but in Australia keep an eye out on ozbargains.com.au... and also Cashrewards which sometimes have cashback offers.
4- purchase game cards when they are on special and wait
5- purchase MC when it's on promo... best I've seen so far is 20%, but I think it's normally like 10% bonus. Get the biggest package (you get most bang for your buck, and it helps keep the game alive)
6- wait for sales on mechs/mechbays etc Hero mechs go on 50% off sales... although recently they have only been going for 35%. IIRC Normal mechs go on 25-35% sales usually... mechbays at 50%, GXP exchange 50%, colours/camos 50%

Just have to be patient... and your $$$ will go a long way.

For premium time, I just prepurchase collections as early as possible to get the maximum amount of premium time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users