43 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

OK, so EVERYONE wants the Urbanmech. Got it. What ELSE do you WISH you could see in the game, but think unlikely to ever make the cut?

For instance, I feel like we need another ballistic weapon option to fill-in between the MG and AC2. Perhaps something like an Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL)? Say, 3.5 damage at range of 210m, with the normal ballistic drop-off beyond green range? 2 critical slots, rate of fire somewhere between MG and AC2, 30-ish rounds per ton of ammo...

There's a BIG gap between a MG (0.5t) and AC2 (6.0t), and it climbs from there. The MG is ridiculously underpowered against armor, though its critical hit performance helps out against exposed internals. Still, there's NOTHING in that weight gap. Six tons is too much for some mechs to sacrifice, and MGs often aren't worth the risk and weight of the ammo.

I KNOW it's not canon, but I just feel as though there should be something in that gap.

Thoughts?

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 23 October 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

OK, so EVERYONE wants the Urbanmech. Got it. What ELSE do you WISH you could see in the game, but think unlikely to ever make the cut?

For instance, I feel like we need another ballistic weapon option to fill-in between the MG and AC2. Perhaps something like an Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL)? Say, 3.5 damage at range of 210m, with the normal ballistic drop-off beyond green range? 2 critical slots, rate of fire somewhere between MG and AC2, 30-ish rounds per ton of ammo...

There's a BIG gap between a MG (0.5t) and AC2 (6.0t), and it climbs from there. The MG is ridiculously underpowered against armor, though its critical hit performance helps out against exposed internals. Still, there's NOTHING in that weight gap. Six tons is too much for some mechs to sacrifice, and MGs often aren't worth the risk and weight of the ammo.

I KNOW it's not canon, but I just feel as though there should be something in that gap.

Thoughts?

medium lasers and srms

#3 Biglead

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Destructible enviroment.

#4 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I agree to some extent about the gap between the AC/2 and the MG, especially when it comes to fitting lights with ballistic hardpoints.

How about LBX AC/2?, make it 4 tonnes.

Meh I dunno, the only thing I really wana see in the game is the Vulture (Mad Dog) and as a Hero mech. Would spend RL money for that one.

Also destructable scenery would be wtf awesome, but.... never... gonna... happen... :)

#5 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't just want the Urbanmech! I want the Deputy Dawg!

#6 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

My personal wish is the "Reseen" Marauder Posted Image

View PostTheRAbbi, on 23 October 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Why create something out of thin air when there are conon weapons like that? They just don't fit the current timeline. Light AC/2 is 4 Tons and does the same damage at a shorter range then the standard AC/2.

Edited by Eddrick, 23 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Arrow IV - (only to certain mechs that can put them on like a Catapult, not everyone can equip).

Zues, Cyclops, Warhammer, Archer (both those unseen I know, one can dream), Dervish, Firestarter

Different Ammunition for weapon systems, like slugs for LB-X 10s even if they reduced the ammo from 30 to 25 or 20, it's still 1 ton lighter than the AC/10.

#8 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Eventually we'll be getting LB-X, UAC, and RAC versions of almost every AC. And it's lore! Patience!

#9 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Lasers and LRM's as good as AC's (or AC nerf).
Big maps.
Vehicles.
Bases.
Basically everything that is in MWLL...

Edit: Forgot to mention, in TT there was a good ballistic smaller than the AC2. It was the MG. Same damage as the AC2 but with a much shorter range.
PGI removed the weapon you're looking for.

Edited by Wolfways, 24 October 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

You nailed it. A decent ballistic smaller than the AC2 so there aren't so many wasted ballistic slots on lights and mediums. Several variants would go from awful to at least interesting.

S

#11 Commodore Frank

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

The heavy machine gun and machine gun array would be perfect to fill the gap in ballistics, but unfortunately, they're years off in the timeline.

http://www.sarna.net...avy_Machine_Gun
http://www.sarna.net...chine_Gun_Array

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

An Adam Steiner Hero Axman (with Axe of course). Melee would be nice at that point, but I would still want the mech regardless.

#13 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

I want PGI to shelve the canon timeline for equipment when it comes to non omnimechs and related tech. I want to see the full spectrum weapon loadouts for clans and inner sphere sometime around CW.

Heavy and Light Gauss
Rotary AC's
UAC 10/20
Arrow IV missiles
LBX5/20
ER Medium Laser
Clan HAG30&40

etc...

#14 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostWolfways, on 24 October 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Edit: Forgot to mention, in TT there was a good ballistic smaller than the AC2. It was the MG. Same damage as the AC2 but with a much shorter range.
PGI removed the weapon you're looking for.

Well I'll be.......
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cdlord, 24 October 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#15 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

View Postcdlord, on 24 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well I'll be.......
Posted Image

Posted Image

I do want to follow this up with my acceptance to bump the DPS of the MG to at least double what it currently is, however, I do feel that to make it so that the AC2 is not immediately obsolete that the MG should have a 100% damage drop off at anything past 90 meters. Tweaking might also be needed to the RoF and ammo......

#16 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 24 October 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

An Adam Steiner Hero Axman (with Axe of course). Melee would be nice at that point, but I would still want the mech regardless.

Melee seems like it would be awkward in this game. How fast do you think they would swing that axe?

#17 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Melee options!

The majority of mechs have hand actuators that are of no use. I wanna punchy punchy or swing a melee weapon.

#18 Wookiemart

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

I want the Behemoth:
Posted Image

With the shock absorbers in the canons so i can use them as battering rams once i run out of ammunition.

#19 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostNgamok, on 24 October 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Melee seems like it would be awkward in this game. How fast do you think they would swing that axe?

Yea, I agree that it would be awkward. I just want the Axman really :)

#20 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I want KODIAK like a 100 tons alternative against Atlas
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by DrSlamastika, 24 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users