Best Shadowhawk Build

166 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostSamziel, on 16 October 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

Mine is with streaks, 2 tons of AC/10 ammo and ER LL.

I love to run 5M with this Sniper build.

I tried 2 tons of LRM10...ran out of ammo too often so I upped it to three. I run similar 5M only with an XL300 and MLs. Well I changed it for fun. XL280, 2 Medium Pulse, Ultra with 2 tons of ammo and a LRM10. I might drop the LRM for SRMs for more in close punch.

#22 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I've been running mine with this build (no smurfy, I'm lazy):

XL255, Endo Steel, DHS
2xAC2 w/4tons ammo
2xLRM5 w/1ton ammo
1xERLL

Has been working fairly well.

#23 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostAgentGG, on 15 October 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

After playing the shadowhawk for 8 straight hours I've landed on a build that routinely gets me over 500 damage and I peaked at 970 one round.

Smurfy Link

Overview of Setup:

Endosteel
3 Jumpjets
10 Double heatsinks
XL 300

3 SSRMS2 + 2 tons ammo
1 Med Pulse
AC10 + 4 tons of ammo

I fire my AC10 as much as I can, mixing in steaks and pulse when in range. When I'm accurate with my shots and manuver alot to stay alive, I achieve top marks in many of my games.

This is almost identical to what I ended up with after 19 matches and Basics done on the first day with my SHD-2H, just with a regular ML and I don't know what I did with the extra ton (armor maybe?). I stuck with the AC5/UAC5 to begin with, but just found I wanted more "punch", and the AC/10 was just what I needed.

I find it works well sitting back in the "second row" of the fight, constantly harassing any available target with my AC/10 using the JJs to get around terrain. It's a great weapon for finishing wounded components and mechs (more than once finishing with 4-5 kills for just ~350-400dmg, just 'stealing' kills everywhere :D ). I just keep moving as much as possible.

I then can move in with the ML and the 3xStreaks to finish off wounded mechs at the end of the match (I would love to have 2xMLs in that arm though!). Also good for chasing off lights as noted earlier.

I haven't found the XL to be a huge liability. If I'm on top of things, but still go down, I've typically been down to internals on all my torsos at that point, often losing my arms before then also.

I've really found that the Shadowhawk is a really great mech to drive all around.

Also, it seems to me that the torso incline up/down is pretty terrific. Maybe it's just me - has anyone else noticed?

-km

Edited by Kalam Mehkar, 16 October 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#24 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm really loving this build... makes an excellent flyswatter. Takes down SDRs and LCTs like nobody's business.

Shotgun Shad

#25 The Pug Commander

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

AC10
Er ll
3 streaks
xl300

doing 500 damage a game consistlantly with that set up

#26 Dread Raider

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I will have to look for this build on the Battle Field.

#27 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostKalam Mehkar, on 16 October 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

This is almost identical to what I ended up with after 19 matches and Basics done on the first day with my SHD-2H, just with a regular ML and I don't know what I did with the extra ton (armor maybe?).

I remember, I got a BAP for the Streaks to be useful within ECM. Installed that right after going in to kill a hurt mech at the end of the match only to find an ECM-wielding friend with him... With just one ML and no AC ammo, I didn't stand a chance. If I'd had BAP, my Streaks likely would have carried the day as they were both pretty beat up but one ML just wasn't enough.

So mine looks like this: SHD-2H

Summary:
-XL300
-352/370 armor
-Beagle Active
-3xJJs
-10 DHS
-ML
-AC/10 - 3 tons ammo
-3xSSRMs - 2 tons ammo

Still tweaking it.

-km

edit: to add summary for those not wanting to click through to yet another smurfy build :P

Edited by Kalam Mehkar, 16 October 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#28 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostKalam Mehkar, on 16 October 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I remember, I got a BAP for the Streaks to be useful within ECM. Installed that right after going in to kill a hurt mech at the end of the match only to find an ECM-wielding friend with him... With just one ML and no AC ammo, I didn't stand a chance. If I'd had BAP, my Streaks likely would have carried the day as they were both pretty beat up but one ML just wasn't enough.

So mine looks like this: SHD-2H

Summary:
-XL300
-352/370 armor
-Beagle Active
-3xJJs
-10 DHS
-ML
-AC/10 - 3 tons ammo
-3xSSRMs - 2 tons ammo

Still tweaking it.

-km

edit: to add summary for those not wanting to click through to yet another smurfy build :P

I literally just tried to make that in smurfy, completely unable to acomplish that.
looked at your build and got mad >.<

#29 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Huh...really should have bought that Storm pack. Guess I can still theorycraft.

2xAC/5, 2xML, SRM6: Quick and well-rounded. Good damage from direct fire support, with a good assortment of weapons to handle close range, and the mobility to get where it's needed.

AC/10, 2xLL: Just as quick as the last, but built specifically for mid-range. Great for direct support, since it doesn't need to close the range to bring all of its weapons to bear.

3xAC/5: For the lulz, a really heavy AC boat for a medium mech. Sacrifices everything it can in order to fit a shoulder full of dakka. A little low on ammo, but keep it in good positions and it actually might be an asset.
-Alternative that runs cooler, has more ammo, and a JJ, but with less speed: SHD-2H

Edited by Gigastrike, 16 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#30 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 16 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

3xAC/5: For the lulz, a really heavy AC boat for a medium mech. Sacrifices everything it can in order to fit a shoulder full of dakka. A little low on ammo, but keep it in good positions and it actually might be an asset.
-Alternative that runs cooler, has more ammo, and a JJ, but with less speed: SHD-2H

Was making this and checked the thread, you forgot your DHS for basically unlimited firing time, SHD-2H. Frontloaded armor means you can take a phract frontally, though I suggest using the high mounted ballistic for hill firing.

Been using it on a HBK 4g and aside from twist capacity this is superior.

If you want an alternative on the traditional 4g HBK, you can go with "SHD-2D2", it has 3 SSRM launchers instead of Mlas, so you're much more dangerous to lights. Can drop a launcher and the JJ's for BAP if you have issues with ECM lights, and the armor on the arms can always be reduced for additional tonnage + reduce leg armor a bit if you take off FF for slots to add a ton of SSRM ammo. Example: SHD-2D2. Tweak friendly, see?

Edited by Whoops, 16 October 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#31 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 16 October 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Huh...really should have bought that Storm pack. Guess I can still theorycraft.

They're still for sale if you want to buy one. It gets delivered after patch time though so Friday night or mid-day Tuesdays

#32 Vebjorn Ingarson

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

So far I have two build that I really like for the SHD-2H:
SHD-2H |XL300| LL + 2 SRM6 + SRM4 + 3MG
SHD-2H |XL275| LB 10-X AC + 3 SRM4 + 2MG + ML

Both builds are good for massive damage up close, run up, face hug, alpha fire. I can guarantee someone is gonna die.

Edited by Caniex, 17 October 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#33 -CIBO-

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

5M@86KPH w/ speed tweak

I've spent a lot of time getting the basics for these today. The missile-less Hawk. Low on artillery but hurts like hell. I've actually had the most fun with this variant of the three so far. I find it highly effective at legging lights and mean brawl support.

Can roll with dual AC2's over a AC10. Whichever is preferred.

Edited by Vorgier, 17 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#34 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

about to max out elite perks on this fella:

SHD-2H "Warning Shot"

been switching between the two AC/2 and a single AC/10, so far the double dakka has proved more effective for me. not to mention it looks cool as hell.

loving the Shadow Hawk so far, it's a surprisingly versatile platform, and extremely durable even with an XL engine and its basketball player proportions. big thumbs up.

#35 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostWhoops, on 16 October 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Was making this and checked the thread, you forgot your DHS for basically unlimited firing time, SHD-2H. Frontloaded armor means you can take a phract frontally, though I suggest using the high mounted ballistic for hill firing.

I didn't forget DHS on that one. I decided it wasn't worth the armor I had to sacrifice. Also, I don't take the time to properly distribute armor on Smurfy, and the mech was designed specifically to take advantage of the Shadowhawk's good ridgehumping ability.

Edited by Gigastrike, 17 October 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#36 Janius

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Been having some luck with this one. ERPPC and AC10, 300 XL.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...70ede88e7630f0e

Shoot and scoot from long ranges. ive found some really good positions in a few maps already where the shoulder mount just sticks over enough to shoot, but apperently i dont show up as a target.

#37 Gunnr75

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSt Louis

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostCaniex, on 16 October 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

So far I have two build that I really like for the SHD-2H:
SHD-2H |XL300| LL + 2 SRM6 + SRM4 + 3MG
SHD-2H |XL275| LB 10-X AC + 3 SRM4 + 2MG + ML

Both builds are good for massive damage up close, run up, face hug, alpha fire. I can guarantee someone is gonna die.

Guaranteed death - love it

#38 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here is my best/fav:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bc4f1733aef49c5
If you wonder why tag? Cause it will target those fast lights, almost immediately if you can keep it on for a sec top!
It is my Kintro-18 build minus 1 streak for 3 jump jets. A trade I will take any day!

Edited by Johnny Reb, 18 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#39 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Mine's using an XL260, 2 jets, 1 mlas, 3 ac2, 2 ssrm. So far won twice as many matches as I've lost, with 36 kills to 3 deaths :) This Mech is fuckkking brilliant!

Edited by RickySpanish, 18 October 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#40 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm loving this mech as a miniature Thug. The -2D2 can get 2xPPC, 4xSSRM2 (1 ton), BAP, DHS, Endo and 270XL, while the -5M can get 2xPPC, 2xSSRM2 (1 ton), BAP, DHS, Endo and a 300XL.

Can't get enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users