Spider Hitbox Is Not Being Changed, There Is Nothing To Fix

BattleMechs

338 replies to this topic

#81 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 17 October 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

I've noticed all of the videos that provide "evidence" of the Spider's "hit-reg hole" are using SRMs. You guys do realize that SRMs have more hit-detection issues than the other weapon platforms, right?

I'll just leave this here:

Video credit to Steel Will. Of course, you'd know that if you had read the first page of this thread, and would then also have noticed that the hole is there for lasers too. It's just easier to reproduce with SRMs.

#82 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Girls...

you're both pretty

#83 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 October 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Video credit to Steel Will. Of course, you'd know that if you had read the first page of this thread, and would then also have noticed that the hole is there for lasers too. It's just easier to reproduce with SRMs.

There is tiny holes on multiple mechs. SRMs are just bad in general...

If that tiny hole is absorbing all of your damage in game....yeah lol it even looks like there is no mech parts there.

#84 Mehlan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 October 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

I'm sure you will, and ignore it's post date of Uploaded on Jul 23, 2013, after which i posted vids (today) showing that whole does not appear to exist anymore. Why dont you make a new one showing it still is?

Edited by Mehlan, 17 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#85 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

But seriously,

View PostChristof Romulus, on 17 October 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

... Wait a minute, guys ... I think I know what the problem may be and why you guys are getting different test results:

Anyone care to identify the spider variant you're firing at in your videos? Both sides (those who say spiders eat damage 100% of the time, and those who think spiders have a force field).

It may be that one particular VARIANT has weapons affect it differently, as did the Founder's Atlas and it's head recently...

Please someone answer this - it's possible that one TYPE of spider is the bugged one...

#86 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostMehlan, on 17 October 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Think so WarZ? http://www.youtube.c...d&v=nxeNoSHhPoI

fyi, think i maxed the armor out on that one.

This is proof of nothing. You sat still. Of course you're dying when standing still. I don't buy that the "hitbox" problems on the Spider are a big deal either. Whatever holes are there clearly take some work to hit. Are there random collision ****-ups? Of course, but that's not the issue.

The issue is when that the Spider is moving, it doesn't seem to take damage. Look my video from earlier. You can't tell me that at least one of those legs shouldn't be orange by the end. On my client, the fire and smoke of hits is happening, but it's all lies. To me, it's simply a lagshield problem that only really happens to the Spider because it has the skinniest components.

I don't know if they need to jack up the hitbox size or check out the run animation or tweak HSR or what, but I can kill any other light twice as easily. The Spider stands alone as a 'mech I'm genuinely displeased to see anytime I don't have streaks (see: always). It's not as bad with projectile weapons, but I've always been more of an SRMs and lasers kind of guy, and they're just a huge pain in the ***.

#87 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

My experience with Spiders tends to look like this: http://www.twitch.tv/krivvan/c/3101129

#88 Mehlan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 17 October 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

But seriously,

Please someone answer this - it's possible that one TYPE of spider is the bugged one...

already did in regards to testing grounds, it's the 5D.

Edited by Mehlan, 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#89 Mehlan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 17 October 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

This is proof of nothing. You sat still. Of course you're dying when standing still. I don't buy that the "hitbox" problems on the Spider are a big deal either. Whatever holes are there clearly take some work to hit. Are there random collision ****-ups? Of course, but that's not the issue.

The issue is when that the Spider is moving, it doesn't seem to take damage. Look my video from earlier. You can't tell me that at least one of those legs shouldn't be orange by the end. On my client, the fire and smoke of hits is happening, but it's all lies. To me, it's simply a lagshield problem that only really happens to the Spider because it has the skinniest components.

I don't know if they need to jack up the hitbox size or check out the run animation or tweak HSR or what, but I can kill any other light twice as easily. The Spider stands alone as a 'mech I'm genuinely displeased to see anytime I don't have streaks (see: always). It's not as bad with projectile weapons, but I've always been more of an SRMs and lasers kind of guy, and they're just a huge pain in the ***.

...no genius I was moving, different speeds, stopped and turning. I've also previously posted multiple recordings of me @ full speed too. While you're at it notice the training ground videos. I'm not trying to 'prove' anything other than 1> It's something besides 'hitboxes' and 2> It's not consistent.

AFTER each patch these should be tested/checked...

Edited by Mehlan, 17 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#90 kongman

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 17 October 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Just dropped in a game with garth and told him to fix spiders, he said there was nothing wrong with them and they weren't going to "fix" anything because nothing is broken. (and he wasn't kidding, the conversation continued throughout the match and he stuck to his guns)

http://s635.photobuc...f040ac.gif.html

screenshot of part of the chat

great ...........what a joke.

#91 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostWispsy, on 17 October 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

There is tiny holes on multiple mechs. SRMs are just bad in general...

If that tiny hole is absorbing all of your damage in game....yeah lol it even looks like there is no mech parts there.

It must be the work of the 6MG Spider.

It's watching us... :)

#92 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

It must be the work of the 6MG Spider.

It's watching us... :)

The 8 MG Locust has a devastating effect on the back of a Spider!

#93 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 October 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

The 8 MG Locust has a devastating effect on the back of a Spider!

Not with those ninja hitboxes!

#94 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I dont have any problems killing spiders, I really dont see an issue here...

#95 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 17 October 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

There isn't a problem with Spider hitboxes(at least not one not present on other mechs, the torso-hip joint hole appears universal). There is a universal problem with hitreg which is compounded by the Spider's combination of speed and complex geometry.

While true, this doesn't change the fact that saying "There's nothing to fix" is the flat out wrong answer. There very much is something to fix, it just happens to be the most visible on spiders.

#96 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostBagheera, on 17 October 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

While true, this doesn't change the fact that saying "There's nothing to fix" is the flat out wrong answer. There very much is something to fix, it just happens to be the most visible on spiders.

He was asked what they would do to fix spider hitboxes. Not what they were doing about hit detection!

#97 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostWispsy, on 17 October 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

He was asked what they would do to fix spider hitboxes. Not what they were doing about hit detection!

Quibbling over semantics is bad customer service. Not defending the player's collective response or anything, but an acknowledgement that there is a problem would have been the better answer.

#98 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostBagheera, on 17 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Quibbling over semantics is bad customer service. Not defending the player's collective response or anything, but an acknowledgement that there is a problem would have been the better answer.

Well yes but it is not just semantics it is 2 completely different issues.

Not saying he could not have said more on the issue...but after that in chat...well I probably would not have talked to people addressing me in that manner...

#99 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostWispsy, on 17 October 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Well yes but it is not just semantics it is 2 completely different issues.

<_< Whatever. The point is that dodging the issue with a flippant remark was bad form.

View PostWispsy, on 17 October 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Not saying he could not have said more on the issue...but after that in chat...well I probably would not have talked to people addressing me in that manner...

Yeah, it's like one of those post-modern action-adventure movies where everyone is the bad guy. :)

#100 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 17 October 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

There is no universal hitreg problem, there are hitreg problems on SPECIFIC mechs, namely the spider. I can hit jenners, ravens, and locusts no problem. The exact same shots miss against spiders.

Tonight on Tourmaline, approaching Epsilon - zoomed in and fired twice from 600m with an ERLarge Laser to the dead-center of a Spider - PERFECTLY CLEAR LOS, with him standing totally still the entire time, probably watching another direction.

No damage. I didn't imagine it, 'cause I had two people observing me when this happened.

View PostMehlan, on 17 October 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'm sure you will, and ignore it's post date of Uploaded on Jul 23, 2013, after which i posted vids (today) showing that whole does not appear to exist anymore. Why dont you make a new one showing it still is?

But it does.

we knew the spider was standing still, (again, not blocked by a leg of the 'resource platform, perfectly clear LOS), because once he saw me, he ran off.

Undamaged.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users