Is There A Map That Makes You Quit Games?

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Hated Maps (134 member(s) have cast votes)

What map do you hate so much you'll quit before playing on it?

1. Alpine Peaks (5 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

2. River City (2 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

3. River City Night (8 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

4. Caustic Valley (1 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

5. Frozen City (4 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

6. Frozen City Night (2 votes [1.28%])

7. Forest Colony (3 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

8. Forest Colony Snow (3 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

9. Toumaline Desert (2 votes [1.28%])

10. Canyon Network (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Terra Therma (34 votes [21.79%])

Percentage of vote: 21.79%

12. Crimson Strait (2 votes [1.28%])

13. I'd never quit a game ever! (90 votes [57.69%])

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

Vote

#1 Deadboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

I've seen a lot of posts out there about people hating this map or people hating that map. So much so that I've a hard time believing that there is an map out there that is truly loathed by the community.

What map, if any, do you hate so bad you'd quit before playing on it?

Edited by Deadboy, 17 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#2 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

You forgot frozen city snowstorm.

#3 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

There are maps I don't really care for, but I'll never DC for that. I'll play wherever I'm dropped.

#4 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

OP this is just stupid, anyone who says YES I will quit a map should have their account deleted, MC, Founders and Phoenix included. It's only someone who is very weak in personal character who quits maps and abandons the rest of their team and those people need to be taught some personal fortitude.

#5 Deadboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Randalf, perhaps you're missing the point here. I'm not looking to justify or criminalize the act of leaving a game because you've landed on a map you hate. The fact is that people quit maps they hate. I'd simply like to know how much hate specific maps get. Also, I made sure there was an option for people who feel as you do so I hope you've voted with the "I'd never quit a game" option.

#6 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

If you're quitting a match because of the map you've landed on. You're of weak constitution and should probably go play something based on Nick Jr. where nobody has a challenge and everyone's a winner.

#7 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I never quit a game, but I voted Terra Therma because eff Terra Therma.

#8 Frakk Zarah

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationOut in the Black

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

River City Night makes me very sad everytime it comes up but I would never quite a game because of it. :)

#9 Stormur Herra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would never quit, but if I ever started, Crimson Strait is by far my least favorite map. I would hate Terra Therma, but right now it's my map with the highest win/loss ratio (other people hate it more?). I know it's not just heat management because my 2nd and 3rd best maps are both really cold ones.

#10 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 18 October 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

If you're quitting a match because of the map you've landed on. You're of weak constitution and should probably go play something based on Nick Jr. where nobody has a challenge and everyone's a winner.

Is that how Nickelodeon works these days? I can remember when I was a kid, Double Dare was some seriously hardcore ****.

Mark Summers would be like "You're too dumb to answer the question right, and too weak for the physical challenge. Go home and tell your parents to stop breeding." Maybe I'm remembering slightly wrong, but I don't think I am.

Sad if they've fallen so far.

#11 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 18 October 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Is that how Nickelodeon works these days? I can remember when I was a kid, Double Dare was some seriously hardcore ****.

Mark Summers would be like "You're too dumb to answer the question right, and too weak for the physical challenge. Go home and tell your parents to stop breeding." Maybe I'm remembering slightly wrong, but I don't think I am.

Sad if they've fallen so far.

Ah the good ol' days when Ren and Stimpy was children's programming and Temple Guardians traumatized contestants by jumping out of nowhere.

I refuse to quit even on maps I do not like. Of course I like playing and quitting just because I hate the map is a great way to draw the wrath of the mods. And a violation of the ToS I think.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 18 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#12 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

If I get Terra Therma 3 times in a row or more, in the same game mode, I might quit. Depends on my mood at the time. That's about the only situation though. Playing that map is a chore and while I generally bite the bullet, there's only so much of it I can take.

#13 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

No.
But there are a few maps that in combination with "substandard" players lead to numerous people being reported for the same ToS violation in one e-mail. I thank people for saving myself and others the effort of writing 6-7 emails for the same childish BS :)

That said, I really don`t feel much love for River City Night.... but a warrior fights the battle he is presented with, when and where he`s presented with it. He doesn`t take his sword and go home because it might be more fun tomorrow.

Edited by Zerberus, 19 October 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#14 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostRandomLurker, on 18 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

If I get Terra Therma 3 times in a row or more, in the same game mode, I might quit. Depends on my mood at the time. That's about the only situation though. Playing that map is a chore and while I generally bite the bullet, there's only so much of it I can take.

Excactly how I feel. A chore. I have yet to have a fun fight here. It doesn't matter if we win, I take out half the enemy team myself and end upp with the highest score. I did not enjoy a single second of it.

You spend most of the time walking around cliffs, you don't see much, it's hot ... pretty much everything that is NOT fun with mech combat.

#15 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Well I'm not a self absorbed tool that would gimp a team. So no, I don't quit any matches. But I really hate Terra Therma.

#16 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have my limits, fourth of the same map in a row is too much - bye bye. Especially since I cannot predict what my load out should be. Granted, if I believe my fifth map would be Terra Therma, SRMs and Ballistics mechs would be chosen.

#17 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I won't disconnect till killed, but I will suicide run on 4, particularly if on the guaranteed to lose start position. Before I started "opting out" of these maps, my success ratio on them was under 0.3. After, it still hasn't changed. If i'm going to be forced onto {Scrap} maps, I'm getting at least the minimum payout for it for wasting my time.

Edited by Kjudoon, 19 October 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#18 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm to stubborn to quit a game because a map comes up I hate. However, if it wasn't for that. I would quit every time the Snowstorm version of Frozen City came up.

#19 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I haven't seen a lot of discos, lately, even in Terra Therma. When it first came out, you could pretty much count on at least one player disconnecting from that map. People still complain a lot at the beginning, when they should be figuring out their teammates loadouts and coming up with a plan, but at least they stick it out.

#20 Scarlet Tempest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThule System

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Crimsom Straights conquest. If you spawn on wrong side it's GG.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users