Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Clan Ghost Bear FTW.

#22 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

A robust tutorial system.

You know something that can help train the pool of raw recruits (new players) so that their MWO experience is not getting pug stomped a few dozen times before they decide to end the misery and leave.

#23 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostWookiemart, on 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

I want the Behemoth:
Posted Image

With the shock absorbers in the canons so i can use them as battering rams once i run out of ammunition.

Since when did the Stone Rhino have three gauss rifles? ;)

#24 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostWolfways, on 24 October 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Since when did the Stone Rhino have three gauss rifles? ;)

IIRC, the Behemoth is a Word of Blake evolution of the Stone Rhino.

They took the uber-fail Stone Rhino, and actually made it work. It worked pretty well too, considering it could walk without breaking itself...

#25 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

The Turkey Baster:
http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=12535

#26 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

For me any new lights other than the flea (as we know what to expect thanks to the locust) aka 25-35 ton range.

oh and the king crab

#27 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostWookiemart, on 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

I want the Behemoth:
Posted Image

With the shock absorbers in the canons so i can use them as battering rams once i run out of ammunition.

Uh, that's the Omega. It's 50 tons heavier than the Behemoth (which makes it 150 tons).

#28 Blue Hymn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 294 posts
  • LocationIn an Awesome, blasting you from a distance

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Would be the next mech I pilot religiously like the Awesome.

Posted Image

#29 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

I always liked the Cougar, although I know it is about 6 years off with the timelinne.
Posted Image

#30 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 24 October 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

IIRC, the Behemoth is a Word of Blake evolution of the Stone Rhino.

They took the uber-fail Stone Rhino, and actually made it work. It worked pretty well too, considering it could walk without breaking itself...

Close, but no cookie ;)
"Considered a mistake, the original design of the Stone Rhino was known as "Amaris' folly". Developed in a project whose objective was to create a BattleMech able to withstand an entire BattleMech company assault, these machines were to be launched into mass production and used to stop General Aleksandr Kerensky in his attempt to retake Terra. The prototype was described as a monstrosity whose leg actuators shut down during its first test run, so the project was summarily scrapped. However, the Word of Blake would use the engineering information for the Behemoth to create the first successful superheavy 'Mech, the Omega.[4]
The Stone Rhino was one of the most remarkable surprises sprung upon the Inner Sphere by the invading Clans. Since the Inner Sphere forces knew about the Amaris Behemoth that was the name they gave to the 'Mech."

Edited by Wolfways, 25 October 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#31 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I always liked the more "mechanical" looking mechs. With rare exception, there isn't a single mech I like in any TRO after 3050. To me, even the annihilator is too organic looking. The art direction in MWO has been a Godsend to my view of the universe, especially with what they have done with the Kintaro (another too organic mech for my tastes). Heck, I'd like to see them add the Wyvern just to see what Alex can do with the artwork......

The Cougar is one mech from later TROs that I do like, as is the Legionnaire. There are a couple more (one was featured in the cartoon..) Bushwacker.....

#32 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

View Postcdlord, on 25 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

I always liked the more "mechanical" looking mechs. With rare exception, there isn't a single mech I like in any TRO after 3050. To me, even the annihilator is too organic looking. The art direction in MWO has been a Godsend to my view of the universe, especially with what they have done with the Kintaro (another too organic mech for my tastes). Heck, I'd like to see them add the Wyvern just to see what Alex can do with the artwork......

The Cougar is one mech from later TROs that I do like, as is the Legionnaire. There are a couple more (one was featured in the cartoon..) Bushwacker.....

Ebon Jaguar for a super fast heavy.

Also, kinda want to buy:

Posted Image

http://www.redbubble...arrior+t-shirts

Edited by Ngamok, 25 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#33 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostWolfways, on 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Close, but no cookie ;)
"Considered a mistake, the original design of the Stone Rhino was known as "Amaris' folly". Developed in a project whose objective was to create a BattleMech able to withstand an entire BattleMech company assault, these machines were to be launched into mass production and used to stop General Aleksandr Kerensky in his attempt to retake Terra. The prototype was described as a monstrosity whose leg actuators shut down during its first test run, so the project was summarily scrapped. However, the Word of Blake would use the engineering information for the Behemoth to create the first successful superheavy 'Mech, the Omega.[4]
The Stone Rhino was one of the most remarkable surprises sprung upon the Inner Sphere by the invading Clans. Since the Inner Sphere forces knew about the Amaris Behemoth that was the name they gave to the 'Mech."

Ahhh, that's right...

I remember reading through that article on Sarna, I seem to have gotten my details mixed up! :huh:

#34 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

View Postcdlord, on 25 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

I always liked the more "mechanical" looking mechs.

I'm with you on the design aspect. May favorite styled mechs are the "Chicken-walkers" with the jet fusalage style torso. That is why I like the Catapults and Ravens so much (and try to like the Locust).

The Cougar always looked mean to me. I really would like a chance to pilot one. Still, the Bushwacker can't be too far off. I would definently like to pilot that mech.

As a side note, I do like some standard walker mechs. I was always a fan of the Hunchback and the Shadowhawk is pretty cool too.

Speaking of Cartoon....Where is my Adam Steiner Hero Axman ;)

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 25 October 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#35 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 25 October 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Still, the Bushwacker can't be too far off.

Unfortunately, not produced until 3053.

#36 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostWolfways, on 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Unfortunately, not produced until 3053.

Bah, we will say that they are protoypes in testing...That should get us down to 3051 :)

#37 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I thought of a couple more.

-Color coded kill messages. Especially in PUGs, seeing "Ithinktoohighlyofmyself killed SillyName99" doesn't often tell me which side got the kill. If it was blue for your team and red for the other, that would be great. Bigger deal in Conquest where the "body count" isn't easily visible. On that note...

-Subscript "kill tally" on the "resource count" scores on Conquest. In the heat of a fight, you can lose track and having to toggle to the scoreboard to get the "body count" is a pain.

S

#38 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well, if we're pie in the sky dreaming, I'd like the Wasp and Stinger, the Valkyrie, Hatchetman, Crusader, Archer, Marauder... And the rest of the TRO:3025 Unseen.

If we're being realistic (hah!), I'd like some role warfare. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Also, keyboard shortcuts to chat messages like "[mech type] spotted in grid [gridref]" and so on, a small CB/XP reward for relaying that information to the team, and rewards split 50/50 between spotter and firer for indirect fire.

Further, I'd like 'mech quirks that make sense, ideally taken from this list (both positive and negative quirks, please!): http://www.sarna.net...i/Design_Quirks.

I'd like premades separated from solo dropping, more maps, and more game modes. I'd like a robust economy and R&R back in some form. I'd like collision and physical attacks (and DFA!).

I'd like the Urbie.

I'd like the heat system remade to something that makes sense, I'd like ghost heat gone and hard points reworked; I'd like a MG that works better, and I'd like armour back to single. But for that to make sense I'd also like convergence to be meaningful and I wouldn't mind a Cone of Fire so we don't have this silly "duct tape four MLs together for a 4-ton AC/20" pin-point mechanic.

I'd like burst-fire ballistics, and a PPC that's a beam energy weapon like it should be. I'd like SRMs that do more damage than Streaks, and that hit properly.

Finally, I'd like them to implement this: Dev Blog 4: Role Warfare.

Is it too late to wish for this for Christmas?

Edited by stjobe, 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#39 DarkAlman

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

3058-3060 Mechs like the Bushwacker, Templar, Cougar, Shadowcat, Novacat etc sooner rather than later.
Having to wait 8 YEARS! for popular mechs is ridiculous.

But for now I'd settle with fixing the game balance issues and some missions that don't involve sitting on a control point for 10 minutes...

When will we get to try to defend a convoy or something?

#40 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Annihilator. Would be hilarious to see that ******* slow assault brawler mech on the field, not on close range though. 4x LBX-10 would cause some rage, not to mention what other builds you can do with it.

Also, about half of the clan mechs (Preferably Nova Cat, Adder, Mad Dog and Gougar. Not too much fan of Timber Wolf but it is guaranteed to come).

Edited by Samziel, 25 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users