[Suggestion] Merc Corp/clan Paint Scheme's

71 replies to this topic

Poll: [Suggestion] Merc Corp/clan Paint Scheme's (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Please read the post and vote either yes or no to the idea.

1. Yes (30 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 04 November 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

:)

Was this supposed to be a serious reply? Anyway 88.24% Yes. C'mon PGI implement this. It'll make you loads of money ;) :) :D

#42 MandaloreWise01

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I think at least allowing for an insignia on the mech is a good idea, and maybe a standard camo variant, not colors. Mandalorians had different colored armour, but without the paint, it was the same.

Edited by MandaloreWise01, 05 November 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#43 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostMandaloreWise01, on 05 November 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

I think at least allowing for an insignia on the mech is a good idea, and maybe a standard camo variant, not colors. Mandalorians had different colored armour, but without the paint, it was the same.

I think if you were to pay 10k+MC you would want whatever the hell you want. Decals are a great idea as well and we know they will be in the game at some point. I just think the idea of 12 mech's all painted the same would be a really cool feature. The sight of a full company coming at you would strike fear into the heart of your opposition. Specially if all your mech's were painted hot pink <_<

#44 MandaloreWise01

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostCorralis, on 05 November 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I think if you were to pay 10k+MC you would want whatever the hell you want. Decals are a great idea as well and we know they will be in the game at some point. I just think the idea of 12 mech's all painted the same would be a really cool feature. The sight of a full company coming at you would strike fear into the heart of your opposition. Specially if all your mech's were painted hot pink :)

Hot pink? I would just think "Wow. Adding insult to injury. I was killed by a PINK 'mech."

#45 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostMandaloreWise01, on 06 November 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Hot pink? I would just think "Wow. Adding insult to injury. I was killed by a PINK 'mech."

Lol yea or even worse 'Holy sh*t, those mech's are Pink, what the h*ll was he thin....' Just before he got blown to little pieces.

#46 MandaloreWise01

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostCorralis, on 06 November 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Lol yea or even worse 'Holy sh*t, those mech's are Pink, what the h*ll was he thin....' Just before he got blown to little pieces.

"What in haran is he wearing?" BOOM "And it doesn't go with that AC/20 either."

#47 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostMandaloreWise01, on 06 November 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

"What in haran is he wearing?" BOOM "And it doesn't go with that AC/20 either."

See, your getting the idea. It could be used as a psychological tool as well as just a purely cosmetic one.

#48 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

91.3% Yes and still no answer from the Dev's. What the hell do you have to do to get noticed round here?

#49 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

have a few hundred answer your poll at least lol

#50 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostSandpit, on 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

have a few hundred answer your poll at least lol

Yea 400+ people viewed but only 23 have answered the poll, what the hell is that?

#51 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostCorralis, on 08 November 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

91.3% Yes and still no answer from the Dev's. What the hell do you have to do to get noticed round here?

A poll of mine had 323 votes, 188 replies, and 4039 views, 76.16% in favor of some form...and not one word from the devs. Don't get your hopes up.

#52 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 10 November 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

A poll of mine had 323 votes, 188 replies, and 4039 views, 76.16% in favor of some form...and not one word from the devs. Don't get your hopes up.

I know I'm just getting my hopes up but would it be so difficult to get someone from PGI to just say 'Yea, good idea, we'll look into it'. I wouldn't care if it then got rejected but knowing that the people who matter actually care about their loyal fans would calm a lot of the community raging I think.
All it would take is one guy maybe one hour a week to go looking through these forums and picking up on some of the good ideas. I'm sure these guys aren't that busy that they can't do this.

#53 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostCorralis, on 11 November 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I know I'm just getting my hopes up but would it be so difficult to get someone from PGI to just say 'Yea, good idea, we'll look into it'. I wouldn't care if it then got rejected but knowing that the people who matter actually care about their loyal fans would calm a lot of the community raging I think.
All it would take is one guy maybe one hour a week to go looking through these forums and picking up on some of the good ideas. I'm sure these guys aren't that busy that they can't do this.

Dev communication within the forums has gotten to be rare for whatever reason. It's more like a hangout spot for players now to be honest

#54 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostSandpit, on 11 November 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Dev communication within the forums has gotten to be rare for whatever reason. It's more like a hangout spot for players now to be honest

QFT

#55 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostSandpit, on 11 November 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

It's a real shame that things got this way. I read the suggestion forums everyday and there are some real good idea's being floated around by the players. I can understand it though, there is some real hatred on here, probably more bad stuff than good, but it's the only way to get idea's out and documented.

#56 Boozlebean

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBloomington

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

http://camospecs.com
^
Make it your friend.

Every unit in the Battletech universe that we could possibly play as has documented camo specs. I see absolutely no reason for every single one of these to be in NOT be in this game. Same goes for decals. Even mercs choose to look alike in the field. Immediate recognition of a 'mechs affiliation is necessary to avoid friendly fire. I don't think it should even be possible to join a unit and not display its exact colors AT ALL TIMES. Even when pugging.
Personally, I think all the custom camo specs are bull and have no place in this game. If PGI is relying on them to make money, let them switch to allowing MC purchases of weapons, engines, etc.

#57 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

Bumping due to solid info on creating Units in MWO.

#58 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Bump

#59 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Greetings all,

Just for reference;

There is going to be a 'Unit Tax' that the Units can set that takes some amount of c-bills from each player after a match, this goes to the Units 'coffers' and should be able to be used to pay for a Unit colour scheme.
- If PGI can code that for the specific units only.
- But we need a location or format to go to that allows us build this or select the various locations for specific colours.
- Having a camo theme and 3 colours to change may not be enough, as some Units have "trim' colour separated from the normal theme.
I would think that allowing PGI to build 5 or 6 Units themes with 4 or more colour area to change should fill for what most Units would need, this requires the artists ad model makers to do additional work as well as the MechLab coders, but it should be part of the CW package when Unit Formation is brought in.

There is a rather comprehensive list of Camo's and colour selections from nearly every fictional unit within the BattleTech universe. The colour and camo is all taken from reference material produced for BattleTech.
Shown at this link:
http://camospecs.com/Gallery.asp
- you select the Faction or Unit type and drill down to the unit your looking for, some have mini's painted in those colours.

An example:
The Dragoons prefer bold color schemes that emphasize their presence on the battlefield.
- Unit aerospace fighters are commonly painted bright "canary" yellow or fiery orange, though the classic red-on-black scheme is still prevalent.
- BattleMechs are typically painted solid colors; red, gold or black are favored hues.
- Alpha Regiment paints its units solid rust-red trimmed in black.
- Beta Regiment paints all its machines emerald green.
- Gamma Regiment paints all its machines midnight blue.
- Delta Regiment paints its units dusty gray.
- Epsilon Regiment paints all its machines solid tan.
- The Wolf Spider Battallion paints its machines black with blood-red trim.
- Zeta Battalion paints its machines black.
- The Tarantulas paint their machines jet black, adding rust-red, almost orange stripes around knee and elbow joints.

Now saying all this can only be accomplished if we get some upgrades to lighting effects on the maps we fight in, currently a few of these maps have a coloured atmosphere and tint everything green or brown. Having used military vehicles for some time I can tell you that clean vehicles in the field is very rare, and Camo gets washed with mud and dust within 10mins of moving, winter camo is a little different.

Just some info,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 21 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#60 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

View Post9erRed, on 21 June 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Greetings all,

Just for reference;

There is going to be a 'Unit Tax' that the Units can set that takes some amount of c-bills from each player after a match, this goes to the Units 'coffers' and should be able to be used to pay for a Unit colour scheme.
- If PGI can code that for the specific units only.
- But we need a location or format to go to that allows us build this or select the various locations for specific colours.
- Having a camo theme and 3 colours to change may not be enough, as some Units have "trim' colour separated from the normal theme.
I would think that allowing PGI to build 5 or 6 Units themes with 4 or more colour area to change should fill for what most Units would need, this requires the artists ad model makers to do additional work as well as the MechLab coders, but it should be part of the CW package when Unit Formation is brought in.

There is a rather comprehensive list of Camo's and colour selections from nearly every fictional unit within the BattleTech universe. The colour and camo is all taken from reference material produced for BattleTech.
Shown at this link:
http://camospecs.com/Gallery.asp
- you select the Faction or Unit type and drill down to the unit your looking for, some have mini's painted in those colours.

An example:
The Dragoons prefer bold color schemes that emphasize their presence on the battlefield.
- Unit aerospace fighters are commonly painted bright "canary" yellow or fiery orange, though the classic red-on-black scheme is still prevalent.
- BattleMechs are typically painted solid colors; red, gold or black are favored hues.
- Alpha Regiment paints its units solid rust-red trimmed in black.
- Beta Regiment paints all its machines emerald green.
- Gamma Regiment paints all its machines midnight blue.
- Delta Regiment paints its units dusty gray.
- Epsilon Regiment paints all its machines solid tan.
- The Wolf Spider Battallion paints its machines black with blood-red trim.
- Zeta Battalion paints its machines black.
- The Tarantulas paint their machines jet black, adding rust-red, almost orange stripes around knee and elbow joints.

Now saying all this can only be accomplished if we get some upgrades to lighting effects on the maps we fight in, currently a few of these maps have a coloured atmosphere and tint everything green or brown. Having used military vehicles for some time I can tell you that clean vehicles in the field is very rare, and Camo gets washed with mud and dust within 10mins of moving, winter camo is a little different.

Just some info,
9erRed

Well remember that we are not currently allowed to use cannon faction units so really we can pick any colours that we want to use. We should never be limited to only ever use colours that the lore factions used. The whole point of this idea is so that some people in a corp that might not wish to buy colours for their mech's (or spend any money in the game whatsoever) can still have a camo pattern that fits with the rest of the regiment. This would be a benefit to the rest of the regiment and not necessarily the player that does not wish to spend real money as the camo spec will only take effect during drops with the rest of the regiment.

Also I'm not suggesting that you can create any pattern that you like, you still have to use a design that can currently be created with the current pattern's and colours available to everyone.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users