• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostDemogarose, on 14 November 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

NEEDS A STICKY!!!!

Bumpitybumpbumpbump.....

For about the same reasons as Mav's tier list does. ;)

#22 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Excellent!

#23 Xmasterspy

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

ALPINE PEAK.

This is for conquest.

Do not go to J9 (route) if you start on sigma side.. EVER!!!!

There is no strategic reason you should ever go that way. Reason: When you are standing in j9 you are the furthest from any cap point except kappa, and no option to run to any other cap because of the terrain.

If their team is good, they will send one light down to kappa, turn in blue, then head back to the rest of his team at eps. Because it take soooooo long to even walk to kappa from sig, by the time your team gets there, their team is already heading to sig (your start). You're 3 caped . You can not recover from this because of the terrain. Their team will always be one step ahead.

The ONLY way to win this map if you start on sigma side, is for the lights head to theta, and everyone else heads to eps. After theta is capped the lights either hit kappa or back up their team at eps. Then steam roll them back to their base.

#24 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Excellent and very informative! Thank you for all your hard work!

Cheers,

Gorgo7

#25 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

This is excellent work to lay out the basics of each of the maps. Many thanks for the obvious effort put into this!

#26 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Lovely effort.
You have my Thanxs!
:(

#27 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

627, wow I am very impressed with your work and detail here.

I was about to approach my group to form up something similar to this for our own Battalions to form tactic's off and I hope you don't mind us using this as a base. The idea of simple paintbrush run lines is so much more simpler than I was thinking of using for my group and your screen shots super imposing them is very impressive.

Oh behalf of more than just my community thank you for putting in the time to make this available to all.

#28 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Thanks everyone :lol:

I was really surprised that no one did this before, so I just wrote it myself. I hope this could be a basis for deeper discussion.

View PostXmasterspy, on 16 November 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

ALPINE PEAK.

This is for conquest.

Do not go to J9 (route) if you start on sigma side.. EVER!!!!

There is no strategic reason you should ever go that way. Reason: When you are standing in j9 you are the furthest from any cap point except kappa, and no option to run to any other cap because of the terrain.

If their team is good, they will send one light down to kappa, turn in blue, then head back to the rest of his team at eps. Because it take soooooo long to even walk to kappa from sig, by the time your team gets there, their team is already heading to sig (your start). You're 3 caped . You can not recover from this because of the terrain. Their team will always be one step ahead.

The ONLY way to win this map if you start on sigma side, is for the lights head to theta, and everyone else heads to eps. After theta is capped the lights either hit kappa or back up their team at eps. Then steam roll them back to their base.

This is exactly the feedback I was looking for :)
A tactical approach in a few words, that can be formed and communicated in the beginning of the match. Have to say, I won that map and mode with the south route but it's hard and like you said if red tema knows what to do you won't have a chance.

View PostY2kHippy, on 19 November 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

627, wow I am very impressed with your work and detail here.

I was about to approach my group to form up something similar to this for our own Battalions to form tactic's off and I hope you don't mind us using this as a base. The idea of simple paintbrush run lines is so much more simpler than I was thinking of using for my group and your screen shots super imposing them is very impressive.

Oh behalf of more than just my community thank you for putting in the time to make this available to all.

Actually, it was a bit more work than paint, especially tweaking the screenshots, but this was more or less as pastime. And sure, use it, that's why I wrote it :lol:

#29 Xmasterspy

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Post627, on 19 November 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

This is exactly the feedback I was looking for ;)
A tactical approach in a few words, that can be formed and communicated in the beginning of the match. Have to say, I won that map and mode with the south route but it's hard and like you said if red tema knows what to do you won't have a chance.

I wish there was more time to let people know why they should not go the south route (I call it j9) before the start of a pug match.

I remember when everyone always went to eps.. Then a few moths ago, people started to go to J9 from sig side. Maybe it was the "go right" mentality that caused it. not sure...

About 1 time in the last 20 matches i lost to a group that started on sig. I think its very rare that side side wins. I believe the reason has to do with people going to j9.

When I start on the sig side I try and get everyone to go to eps. (lights get theta). and i have a much better success rate doing so.

#30 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

Very nice summary!

Posted Image

Hotspots: (Tourmaline)

Crashed Dropship
In the center of the map at (E5/F5) near Theta is a crashed Union (?) Dropship or what’s left from it.

This is not a Union, it is the rest of a crashed Mammoth. ;)

#31 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostTanE, on 22 November 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

This is not a Union, it is the rest of a crashed Mammoth. :D

*changed :rolleyes:
Hope we'll see a real dropship on one of the newer maps, one that's not broken. Given how often you fight on a space port in lore, this should be a no brainer to build a map around one :D

#32 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

What a fantastic post!

I am buying a spider and naming it '627'.

Thanks, mate! Cheers!

#33 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

I wonder how the maps and tactics will be affected with CW.....oh...right

#34 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 25 November 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Pinned for great justice. :)

"This is Bravo Two, we're pinned down by the Snowman! I repeat, we're pinned down by the Snowm...*krzzll*"

;)

:D ;) ;)

#35 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Kudos to you, Sir! (and greetings from Berlin ^_^ )
This is exactly what I was looking for, and in much more detail than I could hope for.
They should put a giant red blinking banner linked to your guide right above the launcher (removable after 250 battles),asap.

Do you mind if I make a PDF-Version of it? Two friends who also just started asked me when we found this yesterday - just would be great to have in the beginning, e.g. wandering Training Grounds while checking your guide on a tablet.

#36 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

Sure, send me the URL and I link it in the first post :D

#37 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Post627, on 29 October 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

snip

wow, so much work and nearly useless now (or at least will require doing everything all over again).
Just take a look at Alpine Conquest or River City Assault.
it's like we have new maps.

#38 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

This thread should be required reading for new mech pilots. Outstanding work! :wub:

#39 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 04 December 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

wow, so much work and nearly useless now (or at least will require doing everything all over again).
Just take a look at Alpine Conquest or River City Assault.
it's like we have new maps.

While not completely useless (A lot of maps still didn't change all too much), a lot of maps need some editing due to new spawn points and stuff. We'll hopefully be able to see some edits to this awesome guide! ;)

#40 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

I needed to sign in to thank you for the epic post.
The mixture of skill and tactics is what makes the difference. Current general focus is on skill. Can't wait for private matches so we as a community develop more tactics. Spectating games will help also.

Hats off to you sir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users