Patch Day - October 29Th and LIVE!

225 replies to this topic

#141 Darkwolven

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ahem...everybody I know is sick of seeing Terra Therma like 2x more than any other map in the game. I sometimes go half a day without seeing the new Crimson Straight map which is an awesome map. You should have bumped up the occurrence rate of Crimson and bumped down the occurrence rate of Terra...that is unless you are purposefully trying to make us completely sick of Terra Therma. I constantly keep hearing clan mates and random pugs constantly bitching about not just the fact it is a heat map but the sheer amount of times people are getting Terra Therma over and over again...

Edited by Darkwolven, 29 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#142 GRIMM11

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 29 October 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Thats what people said about founders. "Founders are investors and have a reason to complain." i.e. entitled to complain. I didnt buy the Phoenix pack. Correct. Buying the pack wont make MWO develop any faster.

They could at least listen to the community and give us what we want. They dont listen to words, so I'll make them listen with the lack of money I give them for the Pheonix package.

#143 KingDavid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 154 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

How about the Phoenix Project ingame Badge ? When will we get it ? thanks.

#144 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 October 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

EntitledWarrior: Online

I think you're confusing "entitled" with "self-entitled." There is nothing wrong with being disappointed that the game has been going off the rails for a while, and there is nothing wrong with being disappointed that despite a successful cashgrab with Phoenix and Saber that neither quality control nor content releases have improved. There is nothing wrong with expecting what was purchased, that doesn't make you self-entitled.

I'm sure at least a few of them have been waiting since MW4 for a quality MechWarrior game and bought into the promise of MWO, quite literally based on those high-roller badges they have.

#145 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thats what people said about founders. "Founders are investors and have a reason to complain." i.e. entitled to complain.

It wasn't my idea. :)

I didnt buy the Phoenix pack. Correct. Buying the pack wont make MWO develop any faster.

Nothing will make MWO develop faster... I know this.

#146 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

I think you're confusing "entitled" with "self-entitled." There is nothing wrong with being disappointed that the game has been going off the rails for a while, and there is nothing wrong with being disappointed that despite a successful cashgrab with Phoenix and Saber that neither quality control nor content releases have improved. There is nothing wrong with expecting what was purchased, that doesn't make you self-entitled.

I'm sure at least a few of them have been waiting since MW4 for a quality MechWarrior game and bought into the promise of MWO, quite literally based on those high-roller badges they have.

YAWN.
3rd patch of the month, another next week, and I'm sure the patcher was busy with everyone downloading for test... you can only push so much water down a pipe.

Besides, isn't there some hackneyed topic regarding an in game VoiP that you could be referencing a year old Reuters article in?

#147 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

There is nothing wrong with expecting what was purchased, that doesn't make you self-entitled.

What was missing from today's (surprise) patch that was purchased? Or is this the defacto "OMG they LIED" QQ yet again?

Edited by Rizzelbizzeg, 29 October 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#148 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 29 October 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

• Increased the chances of getting Caustic Valley map to match other maps.

<3 <3 <3 YAY!

All we need now is a caustic varient, night time please.

#149 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Let's see you spin this as a big win for PGI to be conducting early testing on release day, Roadbeer!

Well, UI 2.0

You seem to confuse me with some sort of {Noble MechWarrior}, when it's widely known that I'm an equal opportunity mocker...

I just find your posts especially mockworthy.

#150 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Well, UI 2.0

Oh right right, I dropped tons o into UI 2.0, I forgot we all did that...

#151 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 October 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Besides, isn't there some hackneyed topic regarding an in game VoiP that you could be referencing a year old Reuters article in?

I have to admit this is a pretty slick turnaround. PGI is no longer a year late, they're simply no longer obligated to year old assurances! They should've used that line when talking about third person or purchasing coolant flush, or possibly when questioned about why community warfare is still conspicuously absent. What, we said to expect dropship-mode some time last year? Well that's an old article, don't hold us to it!

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 29 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Oh right right, I dropped tons o into UI 2.0, I forgot we all did that...

It's pretty cool to focus on that instead of the other things that were definitely paid for as part of the Phoenix packages, I'm going to assume you're just going to concede those.

#152 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I...
It's pretty cool to focus on that instead of the other things that were definitely paid for as part of the Phoenix packages, I'm going to assume you're just going to concede those.

Yea, I focused on what I saw in the original post, sorry I didn't respond to the edit.

that said.... things? You listed one, what're the other things you're complaining I didn't get (since you didn't buy the pack but are ever so concerned for the rest of us).

#153 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

So is there another patch next week or not? Is it official?

Because this one is lame.

#154 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostChronojam, on 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I have to admit this is a pretty slick turnaround. PGI is no longer a year late, they're simply no longer obligated to year old assurances! They should've used that line when talking about third person or purchasing coolant flush, or possibly when questioned about why community warfare is still conspicuously absent. What, we said to expect dropship-mode some time last year? Well that's an old article, don't hold us to it!

#155 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Thankyou Garth
Caustic is one of my Favourite scenarios so I appreciate the increased opportunity to be deployed to it. Just like to say what a great job you have done with Crimson Straight, honestly it's fantastic; please feed that back to the rest of the design team.

#156 ThePhil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Increasing the frequency of Caustic Valley? Anything to reduce the chances of fighting in Terra Therma I guess. When is the Terra Therma map up for internal review? How about an in-game dialogue asking for a 1-10 rating for each map. Star Conflict does a nice job of gathering feedback, and it makes me feel that my voice is heard (though it is only one among thousands).

Edited by ThePhil, 29 October 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#157 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Listen, I understand people being frustrated.. Ive given a whopping 15 usd and I am.. Id be frustrated if I hadnt given anything.

Just because there are three patches this month doesnt mean didly.
I play every day.. I do love the combat, but waiting for something like an audio cue when mechs impact anything is like watching water boil.

I dont think pgi understands that the tension they are creating with their glacial dev pace is driving people crazy.
why? because with each passing day where there is no
wip.
concrete tangible progress etc, is another day where people think more and more that pgi is just gonna screw the whole thing up.

I actually hope they subbed out the conception of cw.
I really have no confidence in them. I wish i did.. I just dont at this point.

#158 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Normally I come here to complain but with this weeks patch I have nothing to complain about. Sigh... The 20 second countdown is probably the best thing to happen to this game since double XP conversion weekends. No longer do I have to wait for "that guy" and my teammates no longer have to hear me whine about these ***clowns who click "launch" when they are not friggin "ready".

#159 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the underwhelming patch.

#160 Snitchkilla

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTortuga Prime Tortuga Dominion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Less QQ more PEW PEW! You do realize this is the third patch this month and they are patching again in a week. Ungrateful much? This patch (though slim)consists of bug fixes and is in fact what we need more of , an endless rapid injection of content only adds to the list of known issues,and delays standardization of the meta game which in turn hinders competition because you have no solid ground to build lasting strategies, the meta is always changing and something is always broken..which in turn results in QQ(what doesn't). so how bout this just be grateful for a bonus patch this month that contained some bug fixes(Kerensky knows we need em).

Edited by Snitchkilla, 29 October 2013 - 06:09 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users