Get Off My Back!

47 replies to this topic

#41 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Much better if mechs will stay to the side of whatever mech is leading the charge - that way they can actually lend fire support while having an easier time getting out of the way. As for the validity of using mechs as shields? Only if you are an lrm boat and even then you should be staying far enough behind for the lead mech to be able to maneuver.

Communication is the infamous two-way street. I find that the correlation between:
1. Not using in game chat, nor answering easy suggestions such as "lets go to kappa first"
2. Discovering chat after death, then chewing other players out
and
3. Doing sub 100 damage

Is a very very strong correlation.

#42 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Gimme a nice 'beepbeep' horn button to use

#43 Star Seven

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostWerewolf486, on 30 October 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

So after reading the FF/TK post I thought I would take a moment to bring this one up.

Stay off your team mates back! If he needs to back up and you are grinding his back then you've likely doomed him to death or getting stripped enough that he is no longer a value to the team and will die shortly anyway! Leave the poor guy 100m or more, if you have jj's make it 150m, get to his side, do something other than a Miley Cyrus on my back.

Running as a group is a good thing except when you are so tightly packed you're blocking or being blocked by your team and can't effectively fire on targets. To often I see this, my 4man premade lance is about to draw someone or several someones in to a trap (insert "It's a trap") and team mates from another lance cross in front of us, push through us only to get cored for their stupidity and lack of awareness. Now you're blocking our shots on a trap we laid and you've eliminated our weapons from the fight until you die for your blazingly ignorant move.

It's not nascar, you have no reason to draft, and you should not be that close to me!

DUDE!!! I'm trying to go forward and your scared @#% Atlas keeps backing up in my way!.... ....and no I'm not going to wait until you spring your trap...to go around the corner. I have a 1/2 a brain... a spare 30 minutes to play, and well honestly, 2 minutes from now I'll forget whether I won or lost or died or shot my teammate in the back....cause its a game...and really, we get XP and Cbills and all that win or loose.....so chill out.....

....Also, I'd like to apologize to you that when its 4v2 at the end of a match my skills aren't up to snuff....but listening to you complain about my crappy aiming and criticize my build choices isn't really gonna help us win the match either.

Man...I am glad I read this post though....otherwise I would have never realized when mechs backed up into me by accident it wasn't because they were looking for me to do a Miley Cirus on their back.

#44 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

what normally happens to me is people walk in front of me and park(blocking my line of fire) . Them complain at me when they try to walk back and hit me.

Or they complain when they walk into my fire and park .

I often get assaults shouting that as they are a assault they are worth more than than my medium and I should get out of they more important way.

#45 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostStar Seven, on 13 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

DUDE!!! I'm trying to go forward and your scared @#% Atlas keeps backing up in my way!.... ....and no I'm not going to wait until you spring your trap...to go around the corner. I have a 1/2 a brain... a spare 30 minutes to play, and well honestly, 2 minutes from now I'll forget whether I won or lost or died or shot my teammate in the back....cause its a game...and really, we get XP and Cbills and all that win or loose.....so chill out.....

Translation: I'm going to do whatever I want to, because I want to. If I block you and get you killed, so what? I've done what I wanted to.

Simple FACT is guys, you should NEVER EVER be directly behind a team mate.
END OF.

#46 Star Seven

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

You know what? You sir are right!

Keep telling me how to play....see how far it gets you.

#47 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Salute,
I PUG 90% of the time, I use a simple lance formation
Assualt is at 12 oclock
other members at
8/9 oclock
3/4 oclock
Jumper at 6
I attempt to always leave 90 meters so MY AMS will help

Premade in the PUG company,
I move to "their" 9 oclock
I have a firing line but do not block what they are going to do

NOT always 100 percent effective, I still get caught by suprise sometimes, but I have the room to
manuaver (cross fingers)

Bow
Muskrat

#48 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Then there are those players who strip your armor shoving past you to stand right in front of you where you're popping out from behind cover to fire. I mean seriously, they actually move right in front of me to do exactly what I had been doing already.

Sometimes I'll apologize for ripping off a round of dual AC20's into their back, but not usually. I couldn't help it. After all, they jumped right into my line of fire...a few seconds ago... ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users