Who are these clan players?

125 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are these 'clansmen' on the forum? (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are these 'clansmen' on the forum?

1. Second-line, dezgra trueborns in backwater garrison (25 votes [21.01%])

Percentage of vote: 21.01%

2. Inner Sphere gamers who wish they were trueborn clansmen (31 votes [26.05%])

Percentage of vote: 26.05%

3. People who missed the turn for 'Roleplaying Forum' (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 18 November 2011 - 06:41 AM, said:

Though I agree that his answers were less than honorable that does not mean that by his dishonor we are all dishonored. I know for a fact that he is no Smoke Jaguar, so I feel no connection with his unclanlike attitude. The trial he lost would surely have him silenced, quiaff? Did he not use the right of surkairede?

Regardless of your issue with him, he does not represent me, I will do as I please, not for the simple sake of doing so, but because it is who I am. If you have issue with myself or my clan a proper trial is the way to solve things, but seeing as you have thrown your lot with the barbarity of the Inner Sphere we cannot duel honorably, as there would be no honor for me to gain, only dishonor.

(seriously ask my clanmates)

What are you talking about? Did you even look at the threads I posted in? Where is the dishonor? How DARE you even assume to impune my honor! The fact that you would take the word of an IS loving, Clan hating surat before even asking for my side shows exactly who you are. If you play MW4: Mercenaries let me know & we can settle this in a Circle of Equals if you have the courage to face me in single combat. Do some research before you rush headlong into a matter. Oh wait, you are a Jaguar.........

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

The issues you see, is Winson's HPGs are no longer accepting your feed 'DeChavilier' So to argue to him, is like arguing to a deaf surat who's arms got lost in a Drop ship's landing gear. Although I implore for Winson to unignore you so that communications may flow more freely.

Neg. I have explained & defended myself over & over. I am doing nothing wrong. They simply have a problem with the way I present my arguments & that is not my problem. They are not going to ruin my fun so I no longer see their posts & so there is no more back & forth between us.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#82 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

*********sorry double post :)

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#83 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 07:12 AM, said:

What are you talking about? Did you even look at the threads I posted in? Where is the dishonor? How DARE you even assume to impune my honor! The fact that you would take the word of an IS loving, Clan hating surat before even asking for my side shows exactly who you are. If you play MW4: Mercenaries let me know & we can settle this in a Circle of Equals if you have the courage to face me in single combat. Do some research before you rush headlong into a matter. Oh wait, you are a Jaguar.........

I was responding to Aaron DeChavilier, who I know know that you have blocked, can you see what he wrote? If so then you should see his quote from yours and his conversation.

I have no quarrel with you Wolf, but if you do have a **** for combat, I would be happy to give you your grievance as you see it as for the field of battle as the challenged I do believe that is my right, MWLL is the engine I use currently as MW:4 is unable to be run on my machine (firewall issues never figured out why) so if you truely do intend to carry this forward then you may chose our augmentation.

I might have grievance with you for your slight on my clan but I know that you have responded with incorrect assumptions in your mind. In no way do I defend DeChavilier's comments, I said that I thought you should argue with more tact. Devolving to those comments is just silly. If that was him paraphrasing I apologize. I am not running allover the chatterweb to figure out if one pup said one thing and one surat said another.

Oh wait I am a Jaguar...you do realize that though we strike quickly and with all the aggression we have, I hav enot even struck yet. "Jaguars, they are quicker to battle, but are also quicker to think before acting" you will know when I have acted, a simple post in the chatterweb is not that.

(seriously man, why would I go around reading your post, I was just messing with Aaron over here because he was having trouble with those of us who are clansmen, in ad out of the cockpit. And if you thought what I said about you was scathing I am sorry, it was simple dismissal, nothing less. Also you failed to notice my assumption that their had been a trial, I was waiting for someone to pickup on that, your actions would only be dishonorable if you had been beaten in trial. When he or you would say there was none then you are completely within your right)

*edit*---Ok I am sorry L-U-S-T is not a curse word

Edited by Amarus Cameron, 18 November 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#84 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 18 November 2011 - 07:39 AM, said:

I was responding to Aaron DeChavilier, who I know know that you have blocked, can you see what he wrote? If so then you should see his quote from yours and his conversation.

I have no quarrel with you Wolf, but if you do have a **** for combat, I would be happy to give you your grievance as you see it as for the field of battle as the challenged I do believe that is my right, MWLL is the engine I use currently as MW:4 is unable to be run on my machine (firewall issues never figured out why) so if you truely do intend to carry this forward then you may chose our augmentation.

I might have grievance with you for your slight on my clan but I know that you have responded with incorrect assumptions in your mind. In no way do I defend DeChavilier's comments, I said that I thought you should argue with more tact. Devolving to those comments is just silly. If that was him paraphrasing I apologize. I am not running allover the chatterweb to figure out if one pup said one thing and one surat said another.

Oh wait I am a Jaguar...you do realize that though we strike quickly and with all the aggression we have, I hav enot even struck yet. "Jaguars, they are quicker to battle, but are also quicker to think before acting" you will know when I have acted, a simple post in the chatterweb is not that.

(seriously man, why would I go around reading your post, I was just messing with Aaron over here because he was having trouble with those of us who are clansmen, in ad out of the cockpit. And if you thought what I said about you was scathing I am sorry, it was simple dismissal, nothing less. Also you failed to notice my assumption that their had been a trial, I was waiting for someone to pickup on that, your actions would only be dishonorable if you had been beaten in trial. When he or you would say there was none then you are completely within your right)

*edit*---Ok I am sorry L-U-S-T is not a curse word

I know you were replying TO him but you did not say you, you said him, which led me to believe you were speaking about me.

I would be happy to help you with your firewall issues to get Mercenaries running. :) I will install MW:LL when I get some free time.

Glad to hear that.

(That is the usual procedure when making those statements. At least for me. I would not just take one side of the argument. He & his cronies have a habit of paraphrasing what I say with nonsense. I would check the line of communication between both parties to see if the claims made by one party against the other, is valid. I get what you are saying so it is cool. :D )

L U S T is a naughty word. :D

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#85 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

I know you were replying TO him but you did not say you you said him, which led me to believe you were speaking about me.
I would be happy to help you with your firewall issues to get Mercenaries running. :) I will install MW:LL when I get some free time.
Glad to hear that.
(That is the usual procedure when making those statements. At least for me. I would not just take one side of the argument. He & his cronies have a habit of paraphrasing what I say with nonsense. I would check the line of communication between both parties to see if the claims made by one party against the other, is valid. I get what you are saying so it is cool.)

(Quite, quite. I understand what you are saying. Send me a PM about mercs and the firewall stuff. I am not home atm but when I am I will get back to you on that. As for MWLL, you will need crysis wars to get the newest and up to date version. I and my clan run the "Huntress: The Jaguar's Den" server.)

#86 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

I had it running already, then I had to reinstall WIndows. I dread the reinstall & numerous updates that is the only reason I have not reinstalled as yet. I will get to it. I am actually a Ghost Bear there with CoffiNail though I only was on once before the reinstall.

#87 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

OHH You are that Jaroth! LOL I kept wondering where you vanished too. :)

#88 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

I had it running already, then I had to reinstall WIndows. I dread the reinstall & numerous updates that is the only reason I have not reinstalled as yet. I will get to it. I am actually a Ghost Bear there with CoffiNail though I only was on once before the reinstall.

I assumed from your signature that your were of Clan Wolf. Although Winson is Ghost Bear sometimes strange things happen for how warriors get different bloodnames.

#89 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Winson is Clan Wolf and Blood Spirit. Khan Nadia Winson, who was the Khan who got the Dragoon compromise going was Abtakha from Clan Wolf who raised to the rank of Khan among the Bears.

#90 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Jerome Winson was the first Khan of Clan Wolf.

#91 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

OHH You are that Jaroth! LOL I kept wondering where you vanished too. :D

Aff. Now you know why. :)

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 18 November 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

I assumed from your signature that your were of Clan Wolf. Although Winson is Ghost Bear sometimes strange things happen for how warriors get different bloodnames.

Let me make it easy for you. I have always been a Jade Falcon fan, ever since the Somerset Strikers cartoon. The Jade Phoenix Trilogy sealed it for me. (Aidan Pryde is one of my BT heroes.) I joined a Jade Falcon unit in MW4: Mercenaries. Sadly they went inactive, as Gorthar can confirm. MW:LL was out about a few weeks or a month so I decided to check it out. As a clansman I looked around & saw mostly IS units. When Ghost Bear put out a recruitment thread I joined up. Meanwhile MW4 was picking back up interest due to the free release & I was looking for a clan. I found a unit that plays as Clan Coyote for MWL & as Clan Wolf for the upcoming NBT:HC. This is who I am.

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Winson is Clan Wolf and Blood Spirit. Khan Nadia Winson, who was the Khan who got the Dragoon compromise going was Abtakha from Clan Wolf who raised to the rank of Khan among the Bears.

Sorry trothkin, Winson is Wolf & Coyote. Just because Nadia was abtakha does not mean Winson became part of Blood Spirit. The Wolves gifted the Winson Bloodname to the Coyotes.

One of the key legacies retained by the Coyotes was that of the Winson Bloodhouse. The line, belonging to the
wife of Nicholas Kerensky, Jennifer Winson, had been quietly gifted to the Coyotes during negotiations with Clan Wolf in 3070.

Pg.164 Wars of Reaving Sourcebook

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#92 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

According to Sarna Winson is Wolf and Blood Spirit I do not know for sure, I was just going by that source, Sarna does not list newer sources though, and I have only glanced through Wars of Reaving.

#93 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Remember what we said about Sarna; it is like Wikipedia in that anybody can type anything there. Most of the time they do not have sources to back up what is typed. Winson is Wolf & Coyote. Someone will have to provide proof to the contrary.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#94 Sirius

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

Upcoming? NBT-HC has been and gone to my knowledge. OK, not so much to my knowledge, I've checked the forums more recently than that - if I recall they're trying to get an MP3 thing running now. Maybe that's the one...

Anyway! Glad I'm not the only one who saw people flaming each other in-character and thought "are these people actually serious?". Thought the world had gone crazy for a second there.

#95 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Aff. Now you know why. :)

Let me make it easy for you. I have always been a Jade Falcon fan, ever since the Somerset Strikers cartoon. The Jade Phoenix Trilogy sealed it for me. (Aidan Pryde is one of my BT heroes.) I joined a Jade Falcon unit in MW4: Mercenaries. Sadly they went inactive, as Gorthar can confirm. MW:LL was out about a few weeks or a month so I decided to check it out. As a clansman I looked around & saw mostly IS units. When Ghost Bear put out a recruitment thread I joined up. Meanwhile MW4 was picking back up interest due to the free release & I was looking for a clan. I found a unit that plays as Clan Coyote for MWL & as Clan Wolf for the upcoming NBT:HC. This is who I am.

Sorry trothkin, Winson is Wolf & Coyote. Just because Nadia was abtakha does not mean Winson became part of Blood Spirit. The Wolves gifted the Winson Bloodname to the Coyotes.

Pg.164 Wars of Reaving Sourcebook

though I do not doubt your comment about it being Wolf, which is completely correct I was incorrect, anything after 3067 is Catalyst run stuff, not my bag o chips...they make us clans look like IS houses rather than clans. Thus the information gleaned from 'Wars of Reaving' I would refute based purely on the fact that it is from catalyst. Sounds petty I know but I feel as if they are making a different game than the one I originally played...and...they kept protomechs, those were terrible...and a writers fault.

#96 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 21 November 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

though I do not doubt your comment about it being Wolf, which is completely correct I was incorrect, anything after 3067 is Catalyst run stuff, not my bag o chips...they make us clans look like IS houses rather than clans. Thus the information gleaned from 'Wars of Reaving' I would refute based purely on the fact that it is from catalyst. Sounds petty I know but I feel as if they are making a different game than the one I originally played...and...they kept protomechs, those were terrible...and a writers fault.

I get where you are coming from. Most people feel the same way about the Dark Age period, however it is canon & must be accepted as such. I am quite happy as the situation fits my personal experience quite nicely. :)

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 21 November 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#97 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 21 November 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

I get where you are coming from. Most people feel the same way about the Dark Age period, however it is canon & must be accepted as such. I am quite happy as the situation fits my personal experience quite nicely. :lol:

No it does not have to be accepted as such, esspecially when there are so many different takes. As they are not FASA or at least not the core of FASA that determined lore I can refuse to accept what they have written and not feel left out. There are many that feel as I do, this is not battletech but a simplification of a universe that used to be very diverse, and grey...what they make seems lame in comparison.

I am still waiting for the true heirs to come forward...time will tell. But I will never accept cattytech and the story it produces.

#98 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

So you reject the Battletech: Era Digest: Golden Century where we learned how our society prospered because it is Catalyst? Do you also reject the Field Report:Clans? Or Historical Turning Point:Operation Klondike where we were shown how we reclaimed what was ours? Where we learned the names of all our founders? What about the 2 Era Reports:3052 & 3062?

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 21 November 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#99 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 21 November 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

So you reject the Battletech: Era Digest: Golden Century where we learned how our society prospered because it is Catalyst? Do you also reject the Field Report:Clans? Or Historical Turning Point:Operation Klondike where we were shown how we reclaimed what was ours? Where we learned the names of all our founders? What about the 2 Era Reports:3052 & 3062?

Those are not just era digests, they add and change things that were not and now are. Sorry, not biting there. We already knew the names of our founders, did you not read Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, Invading Clans, Field Manual:Crusader Clans, Field Manual: Warden Clans? Those had all of that info. The Golden Century is just no, and when you compare all that with what they have planned for us "Wars of Reaving" and what not, I just stopped listening.

#100 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

Also they used the Jihad as an easy way to end things they did not know what to do with...that is just annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users