Who are these clan players?

125 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are these 'clansmen' on the forum? (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are these 'clansmen' on the forum?

1. Second-line, dezgra trueborns in backwater garrison (25 votes [21.01%])

Percentage of vote: 21.01%

2. Inner Sphere gamers who wish they were trueborn clansmen (31 votes [26.05%])

Percentage of vote: 26.05%

3. People who missed the turn for 'Roleplaying Forum' (63 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mister Freeze

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

thread of the year all years

#62 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Why is this anti Clan page, in the pro clan section LOL

#63 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Its here so we can make fun about this.

#64 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostAaron DeChavilier, on 12 November 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

I was sparring with Winson in a chat when I stumbled upon something. If Winson and company are supposedly role playing clan characters, then who are these said characters? True clan warriors would not engage with surats over the chatterweb, they have more important things to do. Find me the source where it says that part of the day-to-day of a clan warrior in a prestigious frontline regiment is logging on to the chatterweb to check out the new video game about their life (a mechwarrior).

Now that I think about it, why would they care about a video game? that's anathema to their way of life, a trivialization that they would never tolerate much akin to their loathing of mercenaries and solaris 7 gladiators. Not only that but its a video game being made by some "barbaric" Inner Sphere company made of "freebirths" so the actual game would never 'be realistic.'

Also, clan warriors would never have time to play a game anyway! they're too busy fighting, training, honoring...living war, eating war, sleeping war(?)

unless that is, all you clanners are really trueborns in a dezgra outfit on some backwater looking over a second-line cluster of freebirth savrishi.

so either accept that your character is the one above, or stop the roleplaying. Save the roleplaying for when there's an actual game to roleplay for.

this goes to inner sphere 'roleplayers' too. Either do actual roleplaying that conforms to the actual realm of battletech or just stop. I'd like to have real discussions about this epic game with real players.

Sir, I have reviewed your comments, found them to be well thought out and understand your position. I also find that a Jaguar does not answer to mere soldiers, I am a warrior of Kerensky and will die before I act otherwise.

(I told you clansmen the haters would soon be upon us and I was not disappointed. Also Mr. DeChevalier you sound jealous, maybe with a name like that you should be roleplaying...after all I already know quite a many Falcon that wishes you dead for taking that name.)

#65 Aaron DeChavilier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

Ahhhhhh, see now you got a place to RP; so, let's do this :D

Clan-hate? like one could really love those that invade! clan or otherwise! My name was passed on to me from my parents, who hailed
from the SLDF. My ancestor told the 'Old Man' what to do to the houses after the liberation, and your Great Father in all his wisdom, what
did he do? he abandoned his post. He would rather flee than to stand like a true SLDF warrior, like the Eridani Light Horse!

And maybe some of these Jade Falcon warriors should do some research ; which being Clan warriors may be really hard for them to do seeing as how none are taught to reason or weigh the future with the past. I ask these warriors, would they enter upon a quest of blood and revenge unbecoming of their code, like the Nova Cats perpetrated with their obsession of murdering the Hallis family line?

that I should suffer such slander from one known as Amarus Cameron, the very name makes the Inner Sphere cringe and the ghosts of the Cameron line cry out for vengeance!

know this, usurper of SLDF ideal, I and mine shall see our SLDF mechs stand triumphant over the ruination that will befall such petty, prideful warriors! long live the Star League, long live the Hegemony, long live House Cameron

...end epic IC rant :)

Edited by Aaron DeChavilier, 17 November 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#66 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

This should not be here. This is an IS whining thread about the other human beings that are here who love the clans not the actual BT universe. Aaron has the nerve (with others), to try to influence people who are breaking no forum laws, to answer threads the way HE & others want. That is why him & the others are ignored. We finally got our own spot. Tell them to stay in their section.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#67 Sean Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

*clears his throat*
Then Warrior Hazen grew cold
Watching Noble DeChavilier die
She heard her mind whisper
Urging her to fly,
To forget her duty.
But with a defiant cry
Proud Turkina dove
From the realm of death
To seize Hazen's heart
And shake it free of fear
Leaving pure her soul
And her duty clear.
-The Remembrance (Clan Jade Falcon), Passage 8, Verse 36, Lines 58-66

Alas General Aaron Dechavilier died on Eden during the Pentagon Wars, burned alive from Inferno missiles hitting his cockpit.
Forever shall he be respected in the annals of Clan Jade Falcon, as close friend and leader to our greatest founder, Elizabeth Hazen.

*turns and leaves the room*

#68 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

For all you Falcons out there. (since I used to be one, I think you will like it. :) )

Posted Image

#69 Sean Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 06:15 AM, said:

For all you Falcons out there. (since I used to be one, I think you will like it. :) )

Posted Image

I like this wolf. Can I keep him? Please?

#70 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

This should not be here. This is an IS whining thread about the other human beings that are here who love the clans not the actual BT universe. Aaron has the nerve (with others), to try to influence people who are breaking no forum laws, to answer threads the way HE & others want. That is why his *** is ignored. We finally got our own spot. Tell him to stay in his section.

still cant just admit you were wrong to RP in General Discussion eh? as for the IS whining I don't know what you're talking about, the three-four people (myself included) that were regularly your opposites for this discussion never actually did any sort of IS RP against you. See we talked as real humans do in the General Discussion. Would you like a recap?

Winson: Rp-all the time, everywhere
Us: Could you please not RP so much in General Discussion?
Winson: no, I do what I want
Us: we don't mind the RP just put it in its proper place
Winson: no I do what I want
Us: we don't have a personal problem with you, just don't RP in the general discussion

see the problem is; you somehow think that you have a leg to stand on, multiple people asked
you in nicer ways than mine, to just tone down RP in the General Discussion. You refused to budge
on any of those arguments, so you got the flames, then when what do you do? you whined even louder,
and ignored the primary person talking to you.

Did you ever notice how, although there were many clan players in the General Discusion; most of them agreed
with our assessment and did not leap to your defense?
you have a spot now for RP-ing, you've got what you want (a clan thread) why even post what you did a few posts
up?

however, if enough people post here and they don't want me here, then watch this winson I'll leave, I wont post anything
in your clan forum - see what I did there? I offered to listen to other people! and I never ignore someone, no matter how much they disagree.

so I put it to the clan players, does anyone object to me, Aaron DeChavilier posting in the clan sub-fora?

Edited by Aaron DeChavilier, 18 November 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#71 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

View PostAaron DeChavilier, on 17 November 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

that I should suffer such slander from one known as Amarus Cameron, the very name makes the Inner Sphere cringe and the ghosts of the Cameron line cry out for vengeance!

know this, usurper of SLDF ideal, I and mine shall see our SLDF mechs stand triumphant over the ruination that will befall such petty, prideful warriors! long live the Star League, long live the Hegemony, long live House Cameron

...end epic IC rant :)

If you knew my history as the honorable Sean Pryde does you would not attempt to slander my name. I was unaware of many things until they were made clear to me. And with honor I fought for and earned my bloodname, it is mine by right, and none shall stand in my way.

You on the other hand could not be Aaron DeChavilier as that man would have sided with the descendants of his lover, he who fought with Elizabeth Hazen, and died the same. They honor his memory as they honor his lover, their founder.

And lastly my given name has been the cruel joke of my existence, one letter of from one most foul, but one letter can make all the difference, I am not as he, and my loyalty to Kerensky's vision is unclouded. In fact my existence is as one with Kerensky's vision, to deny that would be to deny myself. I fight as a Jaguar, with no subterfuge, one ferocious attack, one sweep of my claws across my enemy's neck and then the taste of his blood...that is all.

#72 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

View PostAaron DeChavilier, on 18 November 2011 - 06:35 AM, said:

still cant just admit you were wrong to RP in General Discussion eh? as for the IS whining I don't know what you're talking about, the three-four people (myself included) that were regularly your opposites for this discussion never actually did any sort of IS RP against you. See we talked as real humans do in the General Discussion. Would you like a recap?

Winson: Rp-all the time, everywhere
Us: Could you please not RP so much in General Discussion?
Winson: no, I do what I want
Us: we don't mind the RP just put it in its proper place
Us: we don't have a personal problem with you, just don't RP in the general discussion

Though I agree that his answers were less than honorable that does not mean that by his dishonor we are all dishonored. I know for a fact that he is no Smoke Jaguar, so I feel no connection with his unclanlike attitude. The trial he lost would surely have him silenced, quiaff? Did he not use the right of surkairede?

Regardless of your issue with him, he does not represent me, I will do as I please, not for the simple sake of doing so, but because it is who I am. If you have issue with myself or my clan a proper trial is the way to solve things, but seeing as you have thrown your lot with the barbarity of the Inner Sphere we cannot duel honorably, as there would be no honor for me to gain, only dishonor.

(seriously ask my clanmates)

#73 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

This should not be here. This is an IS whining thread about the other human beings that are here who love the clans not the actual BT universe. Aaron has the nerve (with others), to try to influence people who are breaking no forum laws, to answer threads the way HE & others want. That is why him & the others are ignored. We finally got our own spot. Tell them to stay in their section.

No need to try to flame him here, or anywhere, just lay out your arguments better than, "no I do what I want"

#74 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

To be fair Amarus, I'm now waiting on other clan players for a green light to RP here
But I would very much like to do so with what you've said :)

#75 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

The issues you see, is Winson's HPGs are no longer accepting your feed 'DeChavilier' So to argue to him, is like arguing to a deaf surat who's arms got lost in a Drop ship's landing gear. Although I implore for Winson to unignore you so that communications may flow more freely. :)

#76 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

View PostSean Pryde, on 18 November 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:

I like this wolf. Can I keep him? Please?

Certainly. You can save the image & use it wherever you like. :)

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 18 November 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

No need to try to flame him here, or anywhere, just lay out your arguments better than, "no I do what I want"

I do sir but because I do in character, they have a problem with it. I maintain that if I say, "We Wolves won on Tukayyid!" or "According to xyz Sourcebook, Clan Wolf won their engagement on Tukayyid." it is the same thing just from a different perspective & I will not be intimidated to do things their way. I am breaking no forum laws & making meaningful contributions to the relevant threads.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 18 November 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#77 Sean Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

The influence of my SCL sorta rubbed off on me there for a few seconds, just ask Amarus Cameron. But thanks I like the image a lot.

#78 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

View PostAaron DeChavilier, on 18 November 2011 - 06:35 AM, said:

still cant just admit you were wrong to RP in General Discussion eh?

There was no rule against it. Therefore, it was not wrong.

#79 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

The issues you see, is Winson's HPGs are no longer accepting your feed 'DeChavilier' So to argue to him, is like arguing to a deaf surat who's arms got lost in a Drop ship's landing gear. Although I implore for Winson to unignore you so that communications may flow more freely. :)

I know, but I keep holding out that he'll come around, if anything I'm a horrible optimist :D
also your example sounds almost like soemthing you saw :D
(imagines Firemoth getting its hands caught in the landing gear)

View PostGlare, on 18 November 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

There was no rule against it. Therefore, it was not wrong.

gah, poor phrasing on my part, sorry

I was also trying to let this thread die, cause it served its purpose and the Clans now have a proper sub-fora
I'd like to request this gets deleted

Edited by Aaron DeChavilier, 18 November 2011 - 07:01 AM.

#80 Sean Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Well we had a guy named Jeffery....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users