Skunkworks: Offline Mechlab For Windows

192 replies to this topic

#181 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

Released 0.9.32 which contains the pre-release version of the Mech Heat Simulator. It's not complete, but it's fun to play with. :)

#182 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Released 0.9.42 today. Contains the the Arctic Cheetah and Shadow Cat from the Clan Wave 3 Package as well as support for MASC.

Also taken the Heat Simulator out of beta.

#183 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Released 0.9.43 today.

Contains the Ebon Jaguar and the Executioner.

#184 A Bad Bean Burrito

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

darn android phone, I have to suffice with aweMech.

#185 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostA Bad Bean Burrito, on 27 February 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

darn android phone, I have to suffice with aweMech.

Yeah, sorry - I work for Microsoft, writing Android app would be bad for my stock portfolio

#186 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hey Jeremy,
There is an error on the spider anansi - it should have a missile hard point in the CT, but your app doesn't have one. Anyway, I'm getting rid of my Windows phone. Too many apps being removed from the platform and no longer supported (all of the online banking apps - tell your people at Microsoft this is a bad, bad thing). Your app is one of the best windows phone apps though. I'm gonna miss it.

#187 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostNRP, on 28 February 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hey Jeremy,
There is an error on the spider anansi - it should have a missile hard point in the CT, but your app doesn't have one. Anyway, I'm getting rid of my Windows phone. Too many apps being removed from the platform and no longer supported (all of the online banking apps - tell your people at Microsoft this is a bad, bad thing). Your app is one of the best windows phone apps though. I'm gonna miss it.

Must be a US thing.
All the major banks and some smaller ones in Australia all have up to dates Apps on WP.
Additonally WP doesn't have all the hipster apps and apps from smaller companies etc but it has the important ones.

I like WP as it has a better consistent user experience than Android. I work at a major carrier/telco in Australia, part of device network integration, diagnostic and testing approval process, and Androids are a nightmare to assess and to see in operation.
There's something to be said for an OS that is better regulated and more "closed garden" than the open mess that is Android. iOS is an extreme example of this and WP straddles the open and closed garden approach.

Anyway, I digress.

WP is a good platform if you're not into having all the 100 top hipster apps and the rare major company app (like the bank you mentioned).

J2L

Edited by Johnny Two Legs, 02 March 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#188 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I too like Windows Phone and I don't care at all about "hipster" apps, but I actually need my online banking app. I'm not sure why so many are abandoning the platform. By the way, Chase isn't a rare banking app. They were one of the first to support the platform, and they have a fantastic app. I guess the market share just isn't there.

Edited by NRP, 02 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#189 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostNRP, on 02 March 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

I too like Windows Phone and I don't care at all about "hipster" apps, but I actually need my online banking app. I'm not sure why so many are abandoning the platform. By the way, Chase isn't a rare banking app. They were one of the first to support the platform, and they have a fantastic app. I guess the market share just isn't there.

Not sure if a few large US corporations closing apps down is "so many abandoning" but I understand where you're coming from. Some recent app closures are due to corpoorations paving the way for Win 10 where they'll be able to combine desktop, touch screen and mobile apps into one. Perhaps that's part of the reason? I remember reading this somewhere.

Also, by 'rare' i really meant region specific/national specific companies, for e.g., Chase may be big in the US but I've never heard of it, it's a national bank, and outside the US i doubt many will feel it's loss.
The withdrawal of say, Paypal, would be a bigger blow - that's truly international and many many more people would be impacted by it's removal.

J2L

#190 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostNRP, on 28 February 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks NRP. This issue has been resolved thanks to your bug report. Sorry to hear WP isn't working out for you.

As one of the other posters mentioned, many big corps are abandoning WP apps in favor of Universal Apps. Many have taken the approach of removing their phone app until the Universal version is ready. I think it's fairly boneheaded but they've got adoption rates and maintenance costs to consider.

I'm a huge fan of Windows Phone (obviously) but I am very frustrated by the lack of decent device option in the United States. I have a Nokia 930, which is the best phone I've ever seen, but it doesn't support LTE and only works on ATT's HSPA+ networks (similar speeds to LTE with worse latency) because the phone is really only sold in Europe.

#191 giovanni blasini

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

My understanding is that so many bank apps in the US are dropping out of the Windows Phone app store is due to regulation changes coming in March: releasing a universal Windows 10 app now won't work because Windows 10 isn't finalized, and the don't want to have to have two apps certified: one for now, and one for Windows 10 when it ships.

Downloaded to my Windows phone, but wondering if you'll eventually go universal again, since I'd love to have an updated version for my Surface RT (which may help keep me from throwing my Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 10 out a window).

#192 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

View Postgiovanni blasini, on 03 March 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Downloaded to my Windows phone, but wondering if you'll eventually go universal again, since I'd love to have an updated version for my Surface RT (which may help keep me from throwing my Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 10 out a window).

Technically the App is a Universal App. It's just that the app layout, which I think looks nice on phone, is nearly unusable on PC. I've been working (slowly) to build a PC friendly UX but it's time consuming and this is very much a side project.

#193 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

Just dropped v0.9.45 which contains a new animated CW map based on the work done at www.norrisdev.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users