192 replies to this topic

#141 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

I sent you an email about the issues I'm still having with the SkyDrive feature.

Everything else works great and the app interface looks better than ever!

#142 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Happy New Years all!

I've just pushed build 1.9.0 which contains the SkyDrive integration to the Marketplace. In 4-10 business days it should be available for general download (I'll update the thread when it is). Thanks again to my beta testers, without their input and bug catching this release could have been a complete disaster.

As a note: with the release of the next version of Windows Phone likely due out in the first half of this year, I'm officially deprecating Windows Phone 7 support. I'll keep pushing updates for Windows Phone 7 until June of 2014, then I'll focus on Windows Phone 8 and the next version (9? 8.1?).

The Windows Modern (aka 8/8.1) SkyDrive integration is roughly a week behind the phone. You can calk it up to a less polished API and fewer downloads. :D

#143 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

The app version with SkyDrive integration was approved and made available on the Marketplace today. Enjoy everyone!

#144 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Update for Patch #8 (07 Jan 2014) has been uploaded to the Marketplace. This includes the new GRID IRON hero mech.

#145 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

All the SkyDrive stuff is working great!

I now have over 60 builds and it can be a bit cumbersome to navigate. Many of these builds are differing versions of a single chassis variant. Would it be possible to have a "sub menu" for each chassis variant, so all of the different builds for that variant aren't displayed in the main list? And tapping that variant brings up the "sub menu" and allows you to see the saved builds for that variant? I don't know, just some way to organize the visual clutter?

#146 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostNRP, on 07 January 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

All the SkyDrive stuff is working great!

I now have over 60 builds and it can be a bit cumbersome to navigate. Many of these builds are differing versions of a single chassis variant. Would it be possible to have a "sub menu" for each chassis variant, so all of the different builds for that variant aren't displayed in the main list? And tapping that variant brings up the "sub menu" and allows you to see the saved builds for that variant? I don't know, just some way to organize the visual clutter?

It's something I can look into. I'd have to think about how to do it - maybe some kind of search feature.

My current feature (that I'm working on) is to set skill level across all build for a specific chassis.

#147 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm encountering problems with app stability with >60 builds. I sent you an email through the feedback option.

#148 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostNRP, on 07 January 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

I'm encountering problems with app stability with >60 builds. I sent you an email through the feedback option.

Yup. This actually has been a long standing problem. I've been a victim of this for months (I have 115 builds - one for each chassis). The root cause is Windows Phones terrible image loading code. I've a fix for this in the patch I pushed today; should be available in a few days to the public.

#149 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Awesome, thanks man!

#150 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Latest version approved and made available on Marketplace for Windows Phone.

#151 Mafalin

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Wow, this looks amazing! Just one question before I download: why does the app need access to my appointments, contacts and all that stuff?

#152 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostMafali, on 09 January 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Wow, this looks amazing! Just one question before I download: why does the app need access to my appointments, contacts and all that stuff?

Great question! Stupid answer: the Microsoft AdControl adds that requirement. The app doesn't look at anything in your contacts, calendar, etc.

#153 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 09 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Great question! Stupid answer: the Microsoft AdControl adds that requirement. The app doesn't look at anything in your contacts, calendar, etc.

I take it back... the AdControl used to require all of that, seems it no longer requires all of them. I'll create an update with reduced access ASAP. Thanks for the prod.

#154 Mafalin

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for the answer, that's enough for me to download right away. :D

#155 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

All, due to a request from PGI/IGP to discontinue the pay-for version of Skunkworks, I've removed it from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone Marketplaces. The free version continues to be available for WP7, WP8, and Win8. PGI/IGP was kind enough to allow me to complete the Skydrive integration work so that none of the app's users would lose loadout designs.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to migrate the ad removal tokens from the Pro version to the Standard version of the app. I'm humblest apologies. It seems pay-for versions of anything deriving from the MSFT owned MechWarrior IP are strictly forbidden due to the terms of PGI/IGP's license. This isn't some kind of fan hostility from PGI/IGP as it does seem they tried various options before requesting the take down.

For those with questions, please leave them on these boards so all can benefit. I'll do a quick FAQ now to save time.

Yes, loadouts designed in Skunkworks Pro are fully supported by the standard version and if you've backed them up to Skydrive you can re-sync then to the standard version with no losses.

No, I cannot remove the ads from the standard version as apps without a pay model or ads have a limited number of updates they can push per calendar year and MWO updates a lot (thus so does the app).

Yes, I'll continue to support the app for the foreseeable future.

No, I never made any money on the app. There's a developer signup fee with Microsoft plus a percentage the Marketplace takes. To-date I've received exactly $0.00 from the development of this app (WP7 + WP8 + Win8, paid and ad revenue) - it's a complete labor of love. Thus I cannot refund any moneys spent on the app - again my apologies.

Yes, there is a final update to the Pro version of the app which fixes a number of stability and performance issues. It also include a fix to the Skydrive sync logic.

#156 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 12 January 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

All, due to a request from PGI/IGP to discontinue the pay-for version of Skunkworks, I've removed it from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone Marketplaces. The free version continues to be available for WP7, WP8, and Win8. PGI/IGP was kind enough to allow me to complete the Skydrive integration work so that none of the app's users would lose loadout designs.

I have never had a complaint with PGI and what they do, until now. This is soo lame.

#157 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostDustyHardtail, on 14 January 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

I have never had a complaint with PGI and what they do, until now. This is soo lame.

I'm not sure this is PGI choice. From what I understood, they have a limited license (from Microsoft) to the MechWarrior IP and that license doesn't allow a pay-for model with regards to the IP. Thus ad support, and sale of ancillary things is allowed but direct payment weren't allowed. So I don't personally blame PGI, seems like this more an issue about lawyers.

#158 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Just posted the Firestarter update. Includes fixes to memory usage (basically the WP ads cause WP8 to run out of memory if you have ~100 loadouts).

#159 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm starting development of Clan loadouts. It'll be a few weeks before I have anything to show for it, but is there anyone who'd like to be in the beta as it progresses?

Also, I'm taking suggestions on how to handle the Omnipods with the minimal changes to current UI.

Thanks

#160 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

For those users in China, I've just been informed that the app has be determined to be "providing or enabling access to content or services that are illegal under applicable local law". I don't know what the Chinese government thinks is in the app's content, but it does mean that no more releases will be happening if you're marked as being in the "Chinese Market".

My apologies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users