#181 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 11 November 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

There is definitely a reason I will endorse the Flame. It's rare to see competitively primarily because most people don't want to deal with the other Dragons AND buy a hero Dragon, but the actual 'mech is exceptional. If it was a Cbill based variant, I think WAY more people would own it.

When I found that Flame was the ONLY dragon with a high side torso ballistic mount the sale was a done deal. The fact that I dont see a million of them every day is just icing on the cake

#182 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 11 November 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

When I found that Flame was the ONLY dragon with a high side torso ballistic mount the sale was a done deal. The fact that I dont see a million of them every day is just icing on the cake

Absolutely. I've long held they should offer a deal where if you buy a Flame, you get a Fang for free because the Fang is really bad. When they released the "twin heroes" I don't think they intended for one to be horrible and one to be great.

#183 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

I was in my AWS-9M the other day was legged,and red CT internal structure and i out-brawled a full health jester (2 LPL+4ML if i remember right). Seriously if the mech cant beat me when im like that then it needs to be looked at.And they say awesomes are bad,sheesh.
My build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aabf9e9f15e86a2

Edited by Xanilos, 12 November 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#184 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostXanilos, on 12 November 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

I was in my AWS-9M the other day was legged,and red CT internal structure and i out-brawled a full health jester (2 LPL+4ML if i remember right). Seriously if the mech cant beat me when im like that then it needs to be looked at.

That's not a problem with the Jester...

#185 Namerof

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postrageagainstthedyingofthelight, on 10 November 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Did some one just use "effective brawler" in reference to a Catapult? If you need me, I'll be over here looking for your credibility.

They brawl just fine. You just have to use THEIR style of brawling, which much like the BJ (especially the energy variant) or quickdraw is more in and out brawling than face hugging.

#186 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

If you are talking K2, then yeah, it brawls just fine. The rest...

#187 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

was thinking what if the they called the Hero The Joker, Posted Image

#188 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 15 November 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Was thinking what if the they called the Hero The Joker,

Potential lawsuits?

Took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't named that though.
Or to get the Cheshire Cat references.....

Mixing the Cat and Mistah J?
Brilliant.

#189 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 15 November 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

was thinking what if the they called the Hero The Joker, Posted Image

If they did that it'd need a primary weapon of a boxing glove that springs out the front gun ports, and the arm mounted guns would have to unveil a little "Bang!" flag the first time you fire them.

#190 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 November 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Sadly, UAC is 5 slots - so even if you had one- it wouldn't fit ^_^

Oh I have them and I know it would not fit but that would be the only reason for CT ballistics. MGs are not good and AC2s just would look ugly plus eat up a lot of ammo. ;)

Neither option is overwhelming. Move the Ballistics into sides and you have a K2 with different hardpoint layout
:D

#191 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

I just figured out how PGI can make tons of money. The MC only "Second Seat" module, for those players whose Egos need to ride shotgun.

#192 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

The 95' twist is a joke! Why is it not the same as the K2? The Pretty Baby is comparable to all the other awesomes!

Edited by Lord de Seis, 20 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#193 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

The AWS-9M beats the AWS-PB any day of the week. the hardpoints of the PB are just so limited.

#194 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostHeffay, on 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

That's not a problem with the Jester...

Sad to say it is... Bought it and regretting it every moment. She can barely take any damage before armor gone and your spectating. And I tried every possible combination of engine, armor and weapons nothing seems to work.

In a good fight if I give more than 100 damage in any game, it was good. Nowhere close to the 400+ damage I give with the K2. The K2 takes a lot more damage also...

I am depressed to think I paid for this thing...

Edited by F Henning, 21 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#195 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostF Henning, on 21 November 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Sad to say it is... Bought it and regretting it every moment. She can barely take any damage before armor gone and your spectating. And I tried every possible combination of engine, armor and weapons nothing seems to work.

In a good fight if I give more than 100 damage in any game, it was good. Nowhere close to the 400+ damage I give with the K2. The K2 takes a lot more damage also...

Any mech in this game is capable of 400+ damage. Its the pilot that needs adjustment training. :D The Jester has no armor gimp that I am aware of, meaning the K2 can't take MORE damage.

Instead you need to play a little different then the K2 or you will be dead. Use the speed boost to your advantage and support your heavier mechs. Shoot what they shoot type game play.

For this I went with max speed, max armor and 4 Large Lasers and a JJ. Of all the builds I tried this worked best... for me. B)

Jester

#196 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

lol
I hardly get below 400 dmg with my Jester in normal PUG matches - and that's with my 3xPPC + 3xML fun build. With 4xML + 2x ERLL I even reached 791 dmg.

A few tips that might help you to survive longer:
  • you are a mid to long range direct fire support mech
  • never be the first to enter a brawl (stay away from possible brawling areas and support your teammates once the fight has started by shooting at the enemies they target)
  • be careful about your positioning (try not to be the first target your enemies see)
  • never peek around a corner if there might be an enemy on the other side (instead back off a bit and shoot him when he tries to get around the corner) (I regularly fail at this one >.<)
  • use your speed and JJ to get away from enemies that try to get close to you
  • always stay with your teammates (well, that's mandatory anyways ^^)

Edit:
To sum it up: I like my Jester and it's worth every cent I paid for it ^^

Edited by Kaeseblock, 21 November 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#197 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

It sounds like you're playing your Jester just as if it were your K2. While the two do have a lot of similarities, they also have plenty of differences. Maybe you just need to get a little more comfortable with the specifics of the chassis.

#198 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I brawl with my Jester. It's also very fast, and sometimes gets me in trouble for it's speed. I don't see how you could never get above 100 damage with it.

Mech' Matches PlayedWinsLossesRatioKillsDeathsRatioDamageDoneXP EarnedTime Played
JESTER8144361.2248590.8117,28070,3707:39:36

I should mention that I do have matches were I take off on my own to cap a base and find myself alone vs the entire force. My primary mechs are Lights, and I have to remember I am in the Jester... I am not a light. :D

Note: That is with what most people would call a terrible build... 2LPL, 2SPL, 2 Flamers, 2 AMS (2 tons) 315XL

Edited by Macbrea, 21 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#199 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Still not a problem with the Jester...

#200 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostAmsro, on 21 November 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Any mech in this game is capable of 400+ damage. Its the pilot that needs adjustment training. :D

..... maybe not the infamous small laser Atlas B)

View PostMacbrea, on 21 November 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

I should mention that I do have matches were I take off on my own to cap a base and find myself alone vs the entire force. My primary mechs are Lights, and I have to remember in the Jester... I am not a light. :D

NO! ....Really!? -_-

On a serious note - I feel your pain. -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users