• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostKarma Police, on 05 November 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

why did you advertise the jester with the new map in the background when you didnt patch it too?

this stuff just makes me frustrated.

enjoy your new money, i wont be forking it over as i am disappointed with you.

Because the new map is the 3rd Tuesday patch. Typically is.

#142 Calon Farstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAt Sea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostVagGR, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

hm..nice little patch..one thing though..seismic has been nerfed to death and im ok with it, but maybe just maybe its a good idea to reduce its price too....no way this module worth 6mil cbills now...2mil yeah ok, 4 tops..but 6 mil cbills for this ...nope

100% agree with this.. No way is it worth that much and if you lower the price now. Before yes, but not now.

#143 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostDymdr, on 05 November 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Meh. Take it away, you nerfing mobile mechs mostly.
[/list][/list]

indeed. I think jumpsnipers just got a buff.

#144 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hell I barely even use seimic sensors, and I think this is way over the top. I'm sure those who are calling them "cheating" in this thread are the same people that whined so much that the Gauss is now essentially a useless weapon as well.

Maybe the devs should just limit everyone to stock build outs or only allow small lasers on all mechs. Swear this community sure has the QQ down pat.

#145 Calon Farstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAt Sea

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostRatBast, on 05 November 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

At least Seismic is still useful for lights who are capping in Conquest mode. You run to a base, and stay still while capping. Seismic still acts as an early warning system to let you know that you're about to get jumped. It still seems like it would still be useful for 'listening' for movement in caverns in Frozen City (and maybe Forest Colony) as well.

Agreed! Still way useful for watching for enemy in the tunnel and cave.

#146 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 05 November 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

indeed. I think jumpsnipers just got a buff.

Along with a new chassis. The jester looks like a PPC jump sniper to me. Missing ballistics, but fast as hell.

#147 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Gauss a useless weapon? tell that to my Murimets, just takes a bit more skill to use thats all.

#148 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

View PostFeetwet, on 05 November 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Along with a new chassis. The jester looks like a PPC jump sniper to me. Missing ballistics, but fast as hell.

Almost feels like PGI be trollin us!

:)

#149 Alabaster Black

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

View PostBherek Mcdugan, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Agreed to all this...I want my GXP back. So much for Mobile Support - what a waste.

Agreed, especially given the MP spent converting to buy this module. Nerfing an item this bad calls for a refund. This is not a tweak it is a hammer.

Edited by Alabaster Black, 05 November 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#150 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 05 November 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Almost feels like PGI be trollin us!

:)

Wouldn't be the first time. UAC buff...hero Jager!

#151 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Very disappointed with the new hero Catapult. Only energy hardpoints with redused torso steering angles. And what's all that for? To put in two AMSs, two jump jets and slightly bigger engine? Rediculous. Especially with all that ghost heat penalties.

#152 Vela Ventare

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't really care if Seismic was OP or not considering anyone who invested some time into the game could get one (any technology facing its equivilant is merely a mutual advantage to both sides, and does not, therefore, make either side over powered), BUT from a design and engineering perspective, that thing was impossible and it's nice to see that it's been changed into something that could actually function and exist based on real-world physics and technology..... that said.... from the exact same design and engineering perspective, the trickshot mechanism in the Gauss Rifle lends to the idea that the thing is made with the worlds shittiest parts (ei. capacitors that literally can't hold a charge, and complete failure of any auto-recharge function that should be standard in a field weapon like that) to the point that approaching it with the same level of realism that seems to be given to most of the rest of the game, and now the siesmic sensor, you can only really laugh and know that whatever corporation or industrial hot-shot in the Battletech universe got the contract to mass produce those Gauss in thier current itteration, really really shouldn't have, or at least would have been told by all militaries looking to buy them to go back to thier d*** drawing board before expecting any self respecting government to pay money for the weapon...

Edited by Vela Terentius, 05 November 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#153 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

• Screen shake when a dead mech falls to the ground and when mechs land nearby.
  • Screen shake in the area of an airstrike/artillery.

Wait so if some derpy is bouncing around near me my screen gets shaken? Yay jump jet shake, without jump jets even installed.

#154 Alabaster Black

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostLotarr, on 05 November 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Just because they said it's broken does not mean it was. Why put out a broken product? Silly beyond words.

We should at least be given an option to swap out at no charge then. If a car part gets recalled, I am not stuck with the bill.

#155 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostBoymonkey, on 05 November 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Gauss a useless weapon? tell that to my Murimets, just takes a bit more skill to use thats all.

unless you're sitting still or have amazing timing on a weapon that somehow magically loses it's charge, (which really makes no sense if you look at the weapon and how particle projectiles work) It's kinda useless on mobile quick moving mechs at this point, all because people whined and cried about jump sniping with Gauss. I mean **** I don't jump snipe, it isn't my style, but I never complained about those who do, there's always other tactics to use to adapt. Unfortunately I've noticed this community over the past 6 months or so, rather than adapt goes right into QQ mode until the devs cave to their very vocal minority.

#156 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Despite the outcry within this thread, I am 100% alright with the Seismic "nerf". It absolutely makes sense that it would not work while your own mech is moving, as your own footsteps (mechsteps??) would drown out the sensitivity of the module.

It still has uses in the appropriate situations.

#157 Alabaster Black

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostNgamok, on 05 November 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Online Content is always changing. Most MMOs work this way as well. Weapons get changed / nerfed as well in those games. Even item set bonuses.

And those nerfs are typically advertised, and tested on a PTR for months prior to release. Not so here.

#158 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

do you guys know why we get such poor content..? hero mechs? champion mechs? its because you keep buying them.

alone i dont affect things at all but if more and more people stop spending their money on hero mechs and champion mechs we might begin to see actual content, like maps and weapons.

for gods sake some of you spent 80$ on the pheonix package... and those mechs will be free some day later.

as you can see im a founder and ive spent money on mc and premium time here and there, but come on, its our own fault as such poor choice consumers, that we get such lousy and lame content.

Edited by Karma Police, 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#159 AquaGoat

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostBlalok, on 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I've actually set the option to disable it a number of times, but something keeps switching it back on me.

The greater point was nostalgia for the old AT/XT machines... the great beige grand-daddies, with 30 MB HDD, 5-1/4 floppy drive (yes, the disks were actually floppy), and the red turbo button on the front, next to the blue reset. Got ours with an amber monochrome monitor from a polish outfit in Chicago.

I recall my 386 with a Turbo button. I'd throw that bad boy into Turbo when firing up Kings Quest, or some Space Quest.

#160 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

So like no sale or anything?

I'm not even going to update and login XD

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users